SingleHop Review (3 days)

Hi all,

I just wanted to give you guys an account of my experience with SingleHop, having signed up 3 days ago.

I come from a Shared Hosting Background, then briefly moved to VPS and after having a very dissapointing experience with VPSLAND's VPS offering, I decided to go for Dedicated hosting with SingleHop.

It was a close call between SingleHop and SoftLayer, but in the end the better pricing and website along with positive reviews of SingleHop persuaded me.

So far my experience with SingleHop has been very positive. The Server was setup and up and running within hours of signing up, and the performance is great. I've had zero problems and all helpdesk queries were answered and resolved within the hour.

So far so good, nothing to complain about.

3 days review may not be stable

so please update it after month so...

btw are you haveing fully managed server?
    HostNotch Hosting Services 99.9% uptime Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting
    yajur | Sales Team
    CPanel Hosting • R1 Soft • Offsite-Backup • Great Uptime
    http://hostnotch.com sales @ hostnotch.com

Sure, will update in a month.

I have an unmanaged plan.

Single Hop does have competitive cost. Good to know turning good for you.

Yes, three days review is not enough to identified a hosts. I hope you should
    stay fine with them in future. So update us in future how the things going on.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

Quote Originally Posted by supmansa View Post
    Hi all,

I just wanted to give you guys an account of my experience with SingleHop, having signed up 3 days ago.

I come from a Shared Hosting Background, then briefly moved to VPS and after having a very dissapointing experience with VPSLAND's VPS offering, I decided to go for Dedicated hosting with SingleHop.

It was a close call between SingleHop and SoftLayer, but in the end the better pricing and website along with positive reviews of SingleHop persuaded me.

So far my experience with SingleHop has been very positive. The Server was setup and up and running within hours of signing up, and the performance is great. I've had zero problems and all helpdesk queries were answered and resolved within the hour.

Please try reviewing them in a few months, 3 months, 6 months.

Singlehop is a very well company so all should be well..

Thanks for the review. Singlehop is a good company so you should be fine.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

hummm 3 days
    keep us updated

Quote Originally Posted by supmansa View Post
    Hi all,

We are glad you are happy with your first impressions, let us know if there is anything you need.
    Chris Larkin
    Senior Hosting Consultant
    SingleHop Managed Dedicated Servers
    http://singlehop.com

We can take it as initial impressions. Nothing wrong with giving his set up and initial review. As he said we can wait for his further updates. Have a nice hosting with SH.

I totally disagree, 3 days is enough to decide if a host is worth keeping or not. If they are a crappy company it will show from the begining. When moving into any new dedicated server you will run into minor issues, and if they can't fix those issues, then you know somethings wrong. It doesn't take that long to move a website over and it doesn't take that long to move an entire server full of data from one box to another.

Have you had to contact support for any issues?
    I'm part of the Chicago Breast Cancer 3 Day!
    Because Everyone Deserves a Lifetime.

Ok, here's my update a month later.

I thought my initial review was worthwhile, as if you experience problems with initial setup, it's likely to persist. (As said earlier by someone else).

Also, one can get a pretty good idea of what service is like in the first few days with a hosting company as there's a lot of support tickets going around, and setup issues normally go around.

If the company passes this test it's a good sign, especially if it's a semi dedicated or dedicated offering.

In contrast, I had more issues with VPSLand in 3 days than I had in a long time hosting elsewhere.

Stability
    In terms of stability, the server has been up all the time and I haven't experienced any downtime.

Performance
    Performance has been great - worlds away from VPS where I had to deal with 60-90% cpu usage) - I now rarely go above 2% and that's for a couple of fairly busy sites.

Support
    I'm on a non managed plan.

I've logged a total of about 10 support tickets in the last month - mostly to do with assistance with setup, and more recently with some assistance I needed in getting specific Zone settings up and running.

It's worth noting that there's about an 8 hour timezone difference between me and the SingleHop guys, yet the longest I've had to wait for a response from a ticket is about 40 minutes - regardless of time of day or night.

Yesterday I had a complicated DNS issue that I needed assistance with (resulting in a long support ticket with several responses), and I never waited longer than 20 minutes for a response to come through, some of them came through in less that 5 minutes. The guys took the extra effort to resolve my issue.

I'm extremely happy with the service and the pricing.

For about $210 a month I get great performance, stability and great support.

Previously I was with WH4Life and VPSLand - and all I can say is my experience with SingleHop so far has not only been worlds away from what I have experienced so far, but top notch to say the least.

Especially considering I'm on a non managed plan, I'm well impressed with the personalised level of service I've been getting - and in good time too.

Keep up the good service and product offerings guys.
    Last edited by supmansa; 10-22-2009 at 05:15 AM.

You're in good hands. Singlehop is a fine company.

Thanks for the update mate. Glad to see that your initial impressions continues the same and you are a happy customer. Give us updates in future.

3 days... I suppose in a month we will have much detailed review for more then 1 page of reading
    (kidding)
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    3 days... I suppose in a month we will have much detailed review for more then 1 page of reading
    (kidding)
    Good luck
    This was his one month update!
    Chris Larkin

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    (kidding)
    Good luck
    You can read the one month update just above. I am not sure if it is more than one page or not . I think you have only read his 3 day review .

Edit: sorry chris. I was reading multiple threads and forgot to refresh before submitting the reply
    Last edited by iHubNet-Matt; 10-22-2009 at 08:52 AM.

No problems here, always happy to hear from happy clients.
    Chris Larkin