Results 1 to 37 of 37
  1. #1

    FSCK VPS Hosting fsckvps.com What a joke!!!

    FSCK VPS Hosting fsckvps.com What a joke!!!


    These guys are so bad it's almost funny.

    After my account was created I spent several hours looking around, changing configurations, etc. and things looked good.

    The next day I couldn't log in to my server. I spent the morning trading mails with their support who implied that I screwed something up.

    Finally a support person took me seriously, he wrote that I had mangled the SSH configuration and he had reset the password.

    I was able to login to my IP but it wasn't my server! I was running Centos, this was a Ubuntu server with files and users I had never seen.

    More time wasted with support before they finally admitted that there was a problem and would I mind if they erased my server so I could start over?

    They erased all of my files and sent me a new IP and password. I couldn't login to that IP at all, there was no server running on it.

    Support quit answering my mails so I decided to cut my losses by cancelling my account and requesting a refund.

    They refused to refund my $9.95.

    Good luck if you try these guys.

    Bob

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    115
    Ouch, Good Luck i tell you honestly!

    Regards

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,601
    Please could I ask you to provide your ticket number as this doesn't sound right. If there was an issue/service like this you should of been granted a refund/credit. It sounds like some miscommunication somewhere.
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

  4. #4

    Ticket numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by rghf View Post
    Please could I ask you to provide your ticket number as this doesn't sound right. If there was an issue/service like this you should of been granted a refund/credit. It sounds like some miscommunication somewhere.
    Fsckvps Tickets:

    [#GUP-896810]: Can't access server SSH

    [#JDP-908502]: Cancel My Account And Refund All Of My Money

    PayPal:

    Significantly Not as Described dispute Open: Case #PP-791-596-923

    Resolution of Your Claim - Case #PP-791-596-923


    Bob

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_1976 View Post
    Fsckvps Tickets:

    [#GUP-896810]: Can't access server SSH

    [#JDP-908502]: Cancel My Account And Refund All Of My Money

    PayPal:

    Significantly Not as Described dispute Open: Case #PP-791-596-923

    Resolution of Your Claim - Case #PP-791-596-923


    Bob
    OP, FsckVPS is a very well known provider and you should of taken it up with management BEFORE charging back.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    OP, FsckVPS is a very well known provider and you should of taken it up with management BEFORE charging back.
    Agreed, this is what happens paypal makes it so easy to do disputes and people know they can get away with it with a click of a button when they don't deserve a refund (not saying he doesn't).

    It's like going to court when you are going to sue another company but the courts give you your money back before it even gets to court. heh

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    OP, FsckVPS is a very well known provider and you should of taken it up with management BEFORE charging back.
    I sent a ticket to their billing address asking for a refund. I got no reply except for the URL of their cancellation form.

    I repeated my request for a refund in their cancellation form, I got no reply.

    I opened a dispute with PayPal asking for a refund, I got no reply.

    They escalated it to a PayPal claim. PayPal sided with FsckVPS:


    > Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
    > Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
    > does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
    > received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
    > refund.

    If management posted their email address I would have sent my refund request to them too.

    Until I got a reply in this forum I have been ignored by FsckVPS billing and support, if management thinks that is unfair to them then they should look at communications within their organization.

    Bob

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_1976 View Post
    I sent a ticket to their billing address asking for a refund. I got no reply except for the URL of their cancellation form.

    I repeated my request for a refund in their cancellation form, I got no reply.

    I opened a dispute with PayPal asking for a refund, I got no reply.

    They escalated it to a PayPal claim. PayPal sided with FsckVPS:


    > Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
    > Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
    > does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
    > received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
    > refund.

    If management posted their email address I would have sent my refund request to them too.

    Until I got a reply in this forum I have been ignored by FsckVPS billing and support, if management thinks that is unfair to them then they should look at communications within their organization.

    Bob
    Bob, have you tried emailing management [at] f s c k v p s?

  9. #9
    I don't know why everyone still sticks up for this company, I've seen nothing but bad reviews about VAServ/FsckVPS..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by phpright View Post
    I don't know why everyone still sticks up for this company, I've seen nothing but bad reviews about VAServ/FsckVPS..
    They have a huge client base, and only a small portion are having problems with them... most happy clients don't come to WHT.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    They have a huge client base, and only a small portion are having problems with them... most happy clients don't come to WHT.
    Very true, I can agree with this statement, it's where I came when I wasn't happy with my provider. But still, they seem to be having alot of problems here as of late.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    They have a huge client base, and only a small portion are having problems with them... most happy clients don't come to WHT.
    yes, they are popular and has so many good reviews too. But people only remember bad reviews than the good ones.
    There are situations which the hosting company is not responsible for the problems, clients have to understand this...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by phpright View Post
    I don't know why everyone still sticks up for this company, I've seen nothing but bad reviews about VAServ/FsckVPS..
    Before the hack there where good reviews every week...... I have had instant response times and one of them on msn even installed a script for me that gave me some major issues, They managed it find and are great for a unmanaged provider.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

  14. #14
    Oh, good luck, u should send more tickets when you are igored, it seems some support made a big mistaken but do not dare to stand out for admitting that. I have a not bad experience with this company.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    204
    Warning, OP has 4 posts to his name as of this post, and all the posts are in this thread.

    What's the pattern here? Do people only come here to complain?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    73
    I originally came here to figure out all the mumbo jumbo for VPS since it was so overly saturdated I found this site when in search of reviews. But now becoming a frequent lurker there is more about posting bad experiences then good

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hull, UK
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessay View Post
    I originally came here to figure out all the mumbo jumbo for VPS since it was so overly saturdated I found this site when in search of reviews. But now becoming a frequent lurker there is more about posting bad experiences then good
    I'm not defending FSCKVPS or any company on here with bad reviews - but it must always be remembered that a customer who has a bad experience is far more likely to post it on here than those who have a good experience.

  18. #18

    Still waiting for fsckvps refund

    Quote Originally Posted by rghf View Post
    Please could I ask you to provide your ticket number as this doesn't sound right. If there was an issue/service like this you should of been granted a refund/credit. It sounds like some miscommunication somewhere.
    Rus,

    I supplied the ticket numbers and haven't heard from you or fsckvps regarding my refund.

    Am I another victim of the legal maneuvers between BlueSquare, VAserve, fsckvps, etc?

    Bob

    PS: I know your signature says "Contactable via other methods" but I couldn't find an "other method" to contact you so I am posting here.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    182
    Bob - can I have your ticket number please so I could look more into this? I apologize if you've already provided this but I am trying to get my hands on this shortly so we could possibly have this properly sorted out.

    Thank you.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Bob - can I have your ticket number please so I could look more into this? I apologize if you've already provided this but I am trying to get my hands on this shortly so we could possibly have this properly sorted out.

    Thank you.

    Fsckvps Tickets:

    [#GUP-896810]: "Can't access server SSH"

    [#JDP-908502]: "Cancel My Account And Refund All Of My Money"

    PayPal:

    "Significantly Not as Described dispute Open: Case" #PP-791-596-923

    "Resolution of Your Claim - Case" #PP-791-596-923


    Bob

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    182
    I've poked our accountants so this should be handled tomorrow during business hours for you Bob. Apologies for the delay.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by web-1 View Post
    Warning, OP has 4 posts to his name as of this post, and all the posts are in this thread.

    What's the pattern here? Do people only come here to complain?
    yeah as last resort, otherwise some bad hosts won't lift a finger when they see the word "refund"
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz and GETVZ - Complete VPS Package with SSD Drive

  23. #23

    Second Invoice Overdue Notice

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    I've poked our accountants so this should be handled tomorrow during business hours for you Bob. Apologies for the delay.
    I haven't received my refund but I did receive another invoice:



    **As this invoice is now overdue failure to make payment within 24 hours may result in your account being passed over to collections**


    Dear Bob,


    This is the second billing notice that your invoice no. 206129 which was generated on 16/09/2009 is now overdue.


    Your payment method is: PayPal


    Invoice: 206129
    Amount Due: $9.95 USD
    Due Date: 16/09/2009


    **As this invoice is now overdue failure to make payment within 24 hours may result in your account being passed over to collections**

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,320
    if i were you forget about the refund, cancel your account and move on mate.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz and GETVZ - Complete VPS Package with SSD Drive

  25. #25
    I think you might have the odd issue no matter where you go.

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_1976 View Post
    FSCK VPS Hosting fsckvps.com What a joke!!!


    These guys are so bad it's almost funny.
    [snip]

    Bob
    You get what ya pay for dude
    Garry Dolley @ ARP Networks | gdolley _at_ arpnetworks . com | #arpnetworks on Freenode | @arpnetworks, @bsdvps
    State of the art services, strong community and friendly support
    FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux VPS • ARP Metal™ Dedicated Servers • Colocation • IP Transit
    Native IPv6 • VNC Console • Tunnel VNC over SSH • Serial Console over SSH • DNS Manager

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Bob - can I have your ticket number please so I could look more into this? I apologize if you've already provided this but I am trying to get my hands on this shortly so we could possibly have this properly sorted out.

    Thank you.
    I'm wondering, why didn't you look at the beginning of the thread and find the ticket numbers? He already posted them. Now you make him post them again. I don't get why... just take a minute or two to read the thread. I hate seeing laziness like this in support.
    Garry Dolley @ ARP Networks | gdolley _at_ arpnetworks . com | #arpnetworks on Freenode | @arpnetworks, @bsdvps
    State of the art services, strong community and friendly support
    FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux VPS • ARP Metal™ Dedicated Servers • Colocation • IP Transit
    Native IPv6 • VNC Console • Tunnel VNC over SSH • Serial Console over SSH • DNS Manager

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by kabayan View Post
    if i were you forget about the refund, cancel your account and move on mate.
    I cancelled the account weeks ago.

    Trying to get a refund is becoming a farce, they keep saying I'll get a refund but I get an invoice instead.

    I'm glad fsckvps doesn't have a credit card number from me, they would probably be billing that to death and I'd have to be doing charge backs.

    Now all they can do is send me invoices and threaten me with collection (right).

    Bob

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_1976 View Post
    I'm glad fsckvps doesn't have a credit card number from me, they would probably be billing that to death and I'd have to be doing charge backs.
    Why not do a chargeback to get your refund? Just because you paid through Paypal doesn't mean you can't file a chargeback.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    33
    This has come up many, many times before. Received wisdom is that there's no point trying to do a chargeback with Paypal because they won't do chargebacks on services (such as VPSs), only on supply of physical goods.

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by ashdown View Post
    This has come up many, many times before. Received wisdom is that there's no point trying to do a chargeback with Paypal because they won't do chargebacks on services (such as VPSs), only on supply of physical goods.
    There's a difference between a Paypal dispute (where Paypal decides
    the outcome) and a chargeback (where your credit card issuer decides
    the outcome).

    Ironically, Paypal's chargeback protection for merchants only applies
    to physical goods, so you're likely to win the chargeback for the
    exact same reason you lost the Paypal dispute (ie, the transaction
    involved a service, not physical goods).

    In other words, Paypal probably won't even fight the chargeback.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Jackson, MI
    Posts
    1,526
    Its sad to see how much trouble VAServe has had in integrating FSCKvps. I was a happy customer until the hack, in which I had to move. It took two tickets after I filled out the cancellation form.

    Good luck, and hope you get things squared away.

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyterryjones View Post
    In other words, Paypal probably won't even fight the chargeback.
    Thanks for clarifying the difference between a Paypal dispute and a chargeback. That's well worth bearing in mind.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Labrador, Canada
    Posts
    951
    Quote Originally Posted by garrycc View Post
    You get what ya pay for dude
    I pay vaserv $9/month for a 256 MB RAM, 20 GB storage Xen VPS.

    I get a 256 MB RAM, 20 GB storage Xen VPS.

    September's uptime was 99.995% (1-minute ping checks).

    So I agree with you. I definitely get what I pay for.

  35. #35

    I can't do a chargeback, I'm still waiting for my refund

    Quote Originally Posted by kellyterryjones View Post
    There's a difference between a Paypal dispute (where Paypal decides
    the outcome) and a chargeback (where your credit card issuer decides
    the outcome).

    Ironically, Paypal's chargeback protection for merchants only applies
    to physical goods, so you're likely to win the chargeback for the
    exact same reason you lost the Paypal dispute (ie, the transaction
    involved a service, not physical goods).

    In other words, Paypal probably won't even fight the chargeback.
    Thanks for the clarification.

    Unfortunately I paid BlueSquare, VAserve, fsckvps from my PayPal balance so I can't do a chargeback.

    Another user is also getting the run around about his refund, the fsckvps excuse there is "our accountants have been very very busy"

    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=894414

    I'm still waiting for my refund which Vlada committed to 6 days ago so I don't know what those accountants have been busy doing.

    Bob

  36. #36
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,979
    Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    I pay vaserv $9/month for a 256 MB RAM, 20 GB storage Xen VPS.

    I get a 256 MB RAM, 20 GB storage Xen VPS.

    September's uptime was 99.995% (1-minute ping checks).

    So I agree with you. I definitely get what I pay for.
    I used to pay 10 bucks for 512 and 1 gig burstable.. the service itself is very good, until hdds went bad and support had not helped me to make a backup ( I already had one of most spicy files) previously to the hdd failure .. I am waiting to have a refund processed and I am willing to have their services again despite the bad taste I still have

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    197
    Honestly he has the right to do what he proposes. Its not right how when someone says how they requested their money back, Their is always some person that has to say NOOOOOOOOO You shouldn't have got your money back, You should do this and this first. Honestly, He was fed up with the company, So he wanted his money back and left, And I Guarantee you that what 99% of any client would do. Now i'm sorry if this was offensive, But i'm just trying to make a point. The man can do what he wants with his money.

Similar Threads

  1. fsck problem
    By yajur in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 07:20 AM
  2. FSCK log
    By HD Fanatic in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 03:38 PM
  3. fsck
    By Hoojx in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 11:32 AM
  4. JOKE: Possibly the funnyiest joke!
    By Stephen in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2003, 04:36 PM
  5. Problems with FSCK
    By tuvok in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-22-2002, 05:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •