Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    already in hand :-)
    * www.valuevps.co.uk - Quality VPS's at affordable prices in the UK | Telephone: +44 (0)1325 586003
    * Full and part cabinets - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - cPanel Hosting - Windows VPS - DirectAdmin Hosting - Reseller Accounts

I'm seriously considering it. A premiss has opened up near our head office and it used to be owned by Nortel Networks who installed quite a lot of backbone fibre in the area to the facility.

I have been a customer with rapid since they were 49 pence and there uptime was excellent.There support was great too, even if a tech went to the toilot for 5 minutes you would get a in depth report explaining the reasons.

Just lately when there has been issues there has been no report sent out after as promised explaining the reasons.

Since the take over and server move uptime has been a joke.I just hope tonight will be the last of the troubles i cant really explain any more down time to my customers.

I think I'm going to be leaving them as soon as I get the chance... Raging right now, uptime has been crap recently.

Reading your posts here is making me even more angry as RS have even tried telling me that my problems have been isolated.... certainly doesn't look that way to me.
    * www.valuevps.co.uk - Quality VPS's at affordable prices in the UK | Telephone: +44 (0)1325 586003
    * Full and part cabinets - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - cPanel Hosting - Windows VPS - DirectAdmin Hosting - Reseller Accounts

I really need sleep - i was here until 3am after last nights fiasco with them - that was a planned 2 minute outage that lasted an hour and a bit so going by that ratio.... we'll still be here at 8am

Our 30 second outage lasted almost 30 minutes. It's horrendous, our servers are still inaccessible.

Totally Down...Rapidswitch.com is inaccessible currently...their VOIP system is offline as well...and I can't contact anyone in the IOmart groups, all the phonelines are busy...total system failure?

amazing how their other sites are up though...

I think they need to offer some compensation to keep people on board after this.

I think they need to invest in hardware, staff, training and customer service. I have atleast now realised one of the benefits of the new datacentre anyway... i get no support tickets from my clients (if i have any left)

I have atleast now realised one of the benefits of the new datacentre anyway... i get no support tickets from my clients (if i have any left)
    That did make me laugh, even though we're in the same boat

my support desk is on a different network i think someone should suggest to rapid to host there site and support system elsewhere, then atleast we could have a update.

Well lucky for us, one of our support sites is elsewhere and working, the other two are as dead as a dead thing. I really need sleep but can't as i know when this eventually comes back up I am going to have to reboot nodes and stuff.

I'm bored... lets play a game:

You Show Me Yours, I'll Show You Mine

Me First ;-)

(you will get the idea of this game in my next post)

Uptime

91.29%

Downtime

2h 11m 55s

The average downtime length is 2h 11m 55s

It's at times like these I check sky.com/new to see if a nuke has gone off in london and i don't know about it.

If it was the case, I would have a valid excuse for my service users. Thing is, they get free hosting, servers etc, I sponsor it all as a hobby, but they all still moan when it's down!

Sort it out...

Stopped monitoring at 2300, it's now 0122 and still down.

Did any one else get the rate cap ever since the initial problem started yesterday (its the day before now ^^)? Because I was capped at like 5mbits for the whole day (probably closer to 2mbits). Until there was a breif peak back up to 100 mbits at around 22:40 (3ish hours ago) right before it all went down

Quote Originally Posted by Starteck2002 View Post
    I'm bored... lets play a game:

You Show Me Yours, I'll Show You Mine

Me First ;-)

(you will get the idea of this game in my next post)
    Maybe hangman would be more appropriate.

Just checked RS in firefox....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rslol-1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ycnhosting View Post
    Did any one else get the rate cap ever since the initial problem started yesterday (its the day before now ^^)? Because I was capped at like 5mbits for the whole day (probably closer to 2mbits). Until there was a breif peak back up to 100 mbits at around 22:40 (3ish hours ago) right before it all went down
    I thought things felt a bit laggy...

Think someones unpluged wrong cable to make some toast and forgot to put it back.Has anyone got through on phones?? or they dead.

Quote Originally Posted by generaldarkness View Post
    Think someones unpluged wrong cable to make some toast and forgot to put it back.Has anyone got through on phones?? or they dead.
    Apparently the phone system is on the network.

I wish they would get on here and put a status out.. have i really got to sit here all night ready for when things come back online? :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Starteck2002 View Post
    I wish they would get on here and put a status out.. have i really got to sit here all night ready for when things come back online? :-(
    Think they would have to pop round maccies to get a wifi connection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast