Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* URGENT need to rise a keyword from 5th place to 1st

i really offered alot of money in raising a keyword in google result from the 5th place to the 1st place.

the search results are 36.700.000 result for this keyword.

please advice me what is the best way to raise this keyword to the 1st place in 2 weeks.

i did some SEO changes in the site. and i did many PR3 backlinks.

but i need your help....
    thanks

I will assume you are new to SEO. There isn't no exact science to get to number 1, and with that many results, depending on the keyword, you may not see number for several months or even 1 year. There is so much that can be done.

If you have some money and you really want the traffic I would recommend us an SEO service. I recently found a small SEO firm out of Idaho that is fairly inexpensive and they produce pretty good results from what I have seen, but I can't say for certain becuase I have never used them, but their vast knowledge of SEO does impress me.

http://www.netmark.com
    Giving my opinions and thoughts the Moxie Way

You are in 5th place for one keyword on Google and you want more?

Why are you focusing on Google anyway, what about the others? What about content? Why not spend more $$ on making your website the best for your users?

What about repeat visits? Are you working on that? Being 5th means a lot of people see your site, wouldn't you want them to come back? What if you rotate ads? If they don't come back, or stick around and view more than one page then they might not see your other ads.

You could double your income just by improving content.

I get a lot of clicks from page 5+ on Google. A lot of people skip the first results on Google because they seem like "paid" links, to me it's never what I want, I always have to go digging deeper in results to get what I want unless I'm real specific and put in a lot of keywords.

I think you should be happy where you are, you may find that #1 doesn't really mean that much.

Quote Originally Posted by web-1 View Post

Why are you focusing on Google anyway, what about the others? What about content? Why not spend more $$ on making your website the best for your users?

What about repeat visits? Are you working on that? Being 5th means a lot of people see your site, wouldn't you want them to come back? What if you rotate ads? If they don't come back, or stick around and view more than one page then they might not see your other ads.

I get a lot of clicks from page 5+ on Google. A lot of people skip the first results on Google because they seem like "paid" links, to me it's never what I want, I always have to go digging deeper in results to get what I want unless I'm real specific and put in a lot of keywords.

I think you should be happy where you are, you may find that #1 doesn't really mean that much.
    thanks dude for the reply and i am completely with you
    but it is not my site,it one of my customers site and he offered me $XXXX number if i did it. that why....

5. Quote Originally Posted by dr_lionheart View Post
    thanks dude for the reply and i am completely with you
    but it is not my site,it one of my customers site and he offered me $XXXX number if i did it. that why....
    Hard to say... You should look at the websites ahead of your.. URL, Page Titles, Age of Domain, Inbound Links etc. Should give you an idea of what you can do (if anything).

Top ranking positions and click rates has been researched. You will find a huge advantage in being ranked number 1 versus number 5. Of course, it all boils down to whether or not the keyword phrase applies to the products and services you provide when talking actual conversions, which is normally the goal.

Its very hard to get 1st position from 5 th. You should have wait and try do get more quality links,

Thanks.
    <<removed>>
    Last edited by sirius; 09-24-2009 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_lionheart View Post
    i really offered alot of money in raising a keyword in google result from the 5th place to the 1st place.

please advice me what is the best way to raise this keyword to the 1st place in 2 weeks.

but i need your help....
    thanks
    If really want to rank higher for your targeted keyword, and with 36+ million competition, you should consider the option of having paid links or ads. You want to rank number 1, within 2 weeks, that is kind of short, so I suggest, learn how to do paid listings, and make a lot of great contents, and submit to a lot of article directories.

You might want to consider using social marketing here.
    www.bnshosting.net
    BNS Hosting - Web Hosting Provider

but i need your help....
    thanks
    U r in 5th place and the keyword is competitive.. So need some more effort to raise to first place.. bcz the first 3 position are high competitive.. So what u done to raise to 5th , do the same but raise the quantity and quality

3 Years ago maybe with paid links, now no way, much to risky.

5th on a term with 36,000,000 searches Should still be worth 100,000 s of pounds a year. I would not risk that on paid links, in to days climate

You need to build links, but lots of them, and without buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by krisanta View Post
    If really want to rank higher for your targeted keyword, and with 36+ million competition, you should consider the option of having paid links or ads. You want to rank number 1, within 2 weeks, that is kind of short, so I suggest, learn how to do paid listings, and make a lot of great contents, and submit to a lot of article directories.

You might want to consider using social marketing here.

Quote Originally Posted by this charming manc View Post
    3 Years ago maybe with paid links, now no way, much to risky.

5th on a term with 36,000,000 searches Should still be worth 100,000 s of pounds a year. I would not risk that on paid links, in to days climate

You need to build links, but lots of them, and without buying them.
    thanks bro for the advice...
    but what is the best way in this situation you prefer in backlinks building?

A big pile of unmitigated bollox form a guy who cant do SEO.

Google has about 80% of the market share in search, so its the one to go after ignore the others, yopu gte google you will get them.

Number one is worth about 22% of all searches for that term thats;

2 the traffic of position number 2,
    10 times the numders for number 5
    100,000 times the 5th plus page.

A big pile of unmitigated bollox form a guy who cant do SEO.

Google has about 80% of the market share in search, so its the one to go after ignore the others, yopu gte google you will get them.

Number one is worth about 22% of all searches for that term thats;

2 the traffic of position number 2,
    10 times the numders for number 5
    100,000 times the 5th plus page.
    i agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by 100bulletsfan View Post
    Hard to say... You should look at the websites ahead of your.. URL, Page Titles, Age of Domain, Inbound Links etc. Should give you an idea of what you can do (if anything).
    It is really hard giving advice without knowing the site and targeted kw. Really depends on the competition. If they have way better PR, age, keywords in url etc but I would give the above a go too, as a first step. Check the back links of the 4 competitors ahead of you and go after their links.

thanks bro for the advice...
    but what is the best way in this situation you prefer in backlinks building?
    Depends on the site, history, marketplace, link profile, knowledge, competition.

In short if you are trying to get from postion 5 to position 1 for a 36,000,000 search, you need to hire a full time SEO expert. over a longer period than 2 weeks.

It will expensive but it will give your guy and awesome return on investment in the long run.

I recommend downloading SenSEO plug-in for firefox. It has quite a lot of tips and looks at your site and gives recommedations on how to improve your SEO.
    Hydro Host – Affordable UK Web Hosting - cPanel
    Shared Hosting – Reseller Hosting – Domain Name Registration - Affiliate Program
    www.hydro-host.net

Think you made a mistake promising ranking #1 in 2 weeks.

Rankings take time to reflect seo marketing efforts. Only way to guarantee is adwords PPC campaigns for Google. Getting top rankings across all the search engines (bing, yahoo, google + local google google.ca google.uk google.us, etc) takes tons of work and time.

First research the websites in ranking 1-4 above you. Check their backlinks, page rank, etc. Analyze them and find out exactly what you need to beat them.

You should seriously consider hiring a pro to get this accomplished
    Last edited by websitedesign; 09-28-2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling

but i need your help....
    thanks
    Can I ask what is your KW?

You know sometimes, it is almost impossible to rank the first!

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post

mu keyword is ترجمة
    and should rank first in google.com.sa
    as the site trgmh.com is the fifth now

mu keyword is ترجمة
    and should rank first in google.com.sa
    as the site trgmh.com is the fifth now
    Sorry, but I can't recognize your KW!

What's the problem? It isn't an English word, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post

It is always possible to rank for a term, someone is always number 1 you just need to be better than that person.

It is always possible to rank for a term, someone is always number 1 you just need to be better than that person.
    Say, for certain item , the first rank position is owned by a company and the company has abundant money and staff, they can afford any kind of risk, then how will u do better than that?

Quote Originally Posted by jigna_faria View Post
    Say, for certain item , the first rank position is owned by a company and the company has abundant money and staff, they can afford any kind of risk, then how will u do better than that?
    I didnt say it was easy, or cheap but its always possible.

The short answer is that that you hire better staff, spend more money and do it better than they are.

Good SEO expectations

but i need your help....
    thanks
    There are some comments above that I agree on and some the I disagree on. I did see that there was a discussion going on here, and I'd love to be a part of it.

If you're thinking about SEO the right way... it really shouldn't be all about getting to position #1. One thing you have to realize is that you are successful when you've consistently increased the traffic. That could be from links you've created or articles you've written, or just plain on page changes. There is a perceived value to SEO, and that can be different for everyone. I know you are looking to make this a quick jump, but unfortunately it just doesn't always happen that fast. Good quality SEO can take you 90+ days to even start to see the results. The point I'd like to bring up here is that getting good positions is a bi-product of good SEO work. Increasing the traffic and getting your website noticed more often is the real ground zero. Often when you've done good SEO work, you'll also find yourself climbing the ever coveted Google list.

Also - YES, it's not all about Google, but when they control 60-70% of the search traffic daily, you certainly can't ignore them.

It´s the second discussion I read in the day that try to reduce the importance of Google.
    We all know that Bing is bigger now but Google is the king of the hill and its gonna stay lonely in the top for a LONG time so optimize for him is always the right and best option.
    Now, about the first position: I think that, if you are doing all the SEO work by yourself and with little knowledge in the field, you reach your limit.
    If you want to go for the extra mile, you´ll have to invest some of the money that the company offers you in a pro expert or a pro team. That's my two cent.

Matthew.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast