The beauty of language...the ugliness of its abuse!

Please bear with me as I rant just a bit about the abusive and inflammatory language in use here as well as the general world. Why can't we just express our feelings as ladies and gentlemen? Language properly used can be effective, expressive and meaningful. However, when we see the indiscriminate use of words like "robbery", "crook", and "fraud" to describe situations which may be more appropriately labelled "mistake", "poor service", or even "incompetent." it impairs the ability to have constructive discussion.

The post that directly led to this rant was the one entitled,
    Greedy Rackshack - Not Less Than Robbery !
    but there are others with tabloid titles. We must reserve such strong language for those who are truly lawbreakers. Otherwise, they lose their meaning. I have no problem with those who come here to criticize Rackshack or other providers, and applaud the tolerance shown by Robert Marsh since his acquisition of this board. But I am greatly bothered by the posts and accusations which cross the line into libel and slander and can cause irreparable harm to those undeserving of such.

Why do I care? Because this is a community where I like to spend time, and the behavior and immaturity (not referrring to age at all) of some damages our entire community. Am I going to leave? Absolutely not! I am going to stay and continue to work to make this a community we all can enjoy, share, and learn in. And, when guests need to be warned about the unscrupulous among us, I will even assist in that warning. However, I will attempt to conduct myself professionally and deal in known facts, not unfounded accusations. For example, I find it perfectly fine to point out a failure to refund after many attempts through appropriate channels to obtain one due. On the other hand, to come here before using appropriate channels or to accuse one of criminal activity when there is no basis and no pattern, in wrong.

End of rant. Thanks all for allowing me to blow off a little steam. Let's all work to make our WHT home one we can be proud of.

Tabloid titles constitute a culture of their own; I can't forget "Rockstar ate my hamster!"

Originally posted by timechange
    Tabloid titles constitute a culture of their own; I can't forget "Rockstar ate my hamster!"
    they do indeed .. if I could only write a header of that calibre

It's got to get "Header of the Year Award "

oh well, back to the drawing board

Hey I have Header.org

in what language ?

you're serious

I hadn't realised ..

is that profitable , having names and selling them ? just curious

Errrr.....I won't disclose the financials here because we're off topic. Although Incognito would say a few good things about me, I hope