Windows and Linux Reseller Recommendations.

If you have read my recent reply to a previous thread I have had enough of hostdepartment.

I am looking for a PROVEN RELIABLE reseller, that will allow me to resell Windows and Linux accounts. Aside from being proven reliable, I would like a company with GOOD support. I would also like if the same company has domain management, so I can manage my domains from one console.

One reseller I am looking into is jodohost.com. Any feed back or other suggestions?

THANKS in advance

Do you have a preferred location for these accounts?

Do you require a single host who will provide both linux and windows reseller? For quality reasons, I'd recommend you to consider two separate hosts excelling in Windows and Linux respectively.
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

Nothing in mind. What would be the advantages/disadvantages of different locations?

Quote Originally Posted by SoftsysHosting-Rick View Post
    For quality reasons, I'd recommend you to consider two separate hosts excelling in Windows and Linux respectively.
    Just out of interest, why can't a company offer good quality Windows and Linux hosting?
    Darren Lingham - Stablepoint Hosting
    Stablepoint - Cloud Web Hosting without compromise
    We provide industry-leading cPanel™ web hosting in 80+ global cities.

Quote Originally Posted by fatluke View Post
    Nothing in mind. What would be the advantages/disadvantages of different locations?
    basically there is no restriction for remote control your account whichever location. the consideration only look into the reliability and the efficiency of the data center and your provider.

Last edited by bear; 09-25-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dazmanultra View Post
    Just out of interest, why can't a company offer good quality Windows and Linux hosting?
    Definitely possible - however, specialized hosts will surely be having their 100% attention on specific environment and IMHO, I'd be considering them if I was in OP's shoes

Do you require a single host who will provide both linux and windows reseller? For quality reasons, I'd recommend you to consider two separate hosts excelling in Windows and Linux respectively.
    I would prefer a single host. Just easier to manage.....

Well Rick, it's an interesting blanket statment - i'm not sure whether you've based the opinion on anecdotal evidence or anything quantifiable.
    Darren Lingham - Stablepoint Hosting
    Stablepoint - Cloud Web Hosting without compromise
    We provide industry-leading cPanel™ web hosting in 80+ global cities.

I would prefer a single host. Just easier to manage.....
    In that case, you can consider a host offering HSphere control panel. I believe, Cartika has such offering and they are quite popular for their service quality. However, you can make your own research of such hosts using 'Search' feature on top right corner of this page
    Last edited by Softsys Hosting; 09-23-2009 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dazmanultra View Post
    Well Rick, it's an interesting blanket statment - i'm not sure whether you've based the opinion on anecdotal evidence or anything quantifiable.
    From my experience, I have always observed specialized hosts to have offered the latest technologies to their clients fairly sooner and with more flexibilities and functionality compared to other hosts. Again, this is my personal observation and hence my personal opinion

Anyone have any experience with www.ourinternet.us???

Definitely possible - however, specialized hosts will surely be having their 100% attention on specific environment and IMHO, I'd be considering them if I was in OP's shoes
    IMHO, this is not true. We have a Windows team and a Linux team, both teams work simultaneously to manage their respective environments. I am sure any good host will have a capable admin team to manage all platforms they support
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

I agree with Yash. Most of the better known H-Sphere hosts have dealt with Windows and Linux environments for years. They have the admin staff that knows these environments very well.

Quote Originally Posted by tcstatic View Post
    I agree with Yash. Most of the better known H-Sphere hosts have dealt with Windows and Linux environments for years. They have the admin staff that knows these environments very well.
    Who are the "better known" h-sphere hosts?

I have found a lot of bad reviews about jodohost support. I do not want to be down the same road I am with hostdepartment.

I have found a lot of bad reviews about jodohost support. I do not want to be down the same road I am with hostdepartment.
    We host over 100,000 websites and have a very qualified support team, working 24x7x365. We are a Gold Certified Microsoft Partner. While I am sure there might be some complaints about our service (and we work diligently to resolve them), I believe we maintain a very high customer satisfaction rate - there are plenty of good reviews about us on this forum and other places.

Good luck with your host search.

Who are the "better known" h-sphere hosts?
    Well I cannot vouch for any of them except Cartika whom I've been with for years.

Some of the more popular ones are listed below (in no particular order):

JodoHost
    Vortech
    Cartika Hosting
    FluidHosting
    Eirca

A full list is at http://www.psoft.net/resellers.php

Thank you for your response JodoHost.

I am still searching.

I just don't want to get stuck like this again. I am very technical, and do understand that issues WILL happen, with any host. I also know how long it takes to restore a server. Definifly not 4 days, like host department has been down for. An honest answer would have been accepted from them, not the BS they give you everytime you call. My clients are FURIOUS, and all I can tell them is....nothing...... I was told 24 hours on Monday...I relayed that message to my client.....It's now wednesday.. Still down...

I hope if I go with jodohost, your service is better than that described above.

We have been in business for close to 7 years, and I can never recall an incident where we had a server down for an extended period of time like that.

We have a very open forum (customers talk freely about our services). Additionally, we clearly document every technical issue on our forum, and our staff actively participates in forum discussions about technical issues. This is an additional level of support we provide besides ticket/chat/phone.

I believe a good, open forum greatly improves the experience for all customers that use it

Definifly not 4 days, like host department has been down for.
    Yep, I would not accept that at all. Also, not sure if hostdepartment enables "Hsphere stats" on their reseller accounts? You can use this to find all account information for each of your clients/accounts. It will display a list of all acct information with user and passwords for all accounts, FTP users, email accts, databases, etc. It makes it much easier to move if you are unhappy with your H-Sphere host. I know Cartika has this enabled for their resellers and I'm sure many others do also.

Quote Originally Posted by Yash-JH View Post
    We have been in business for close to 7 years, and I can never recall an incident where we had a server down for an extended period of time like that.

We have a very open forum (customers talk freely about our services). Additionally, we clearly document every technical issue on our forum, and our staff actively participates in forum discussions about technical issues. This is an additional level of support we provide besides ticket/chat/phone.

I believe a good, open forum greatly improves the experience for all customers that use it
    OK, I have read through some of the forum posts, strangely enough though there are no negative ones. Do you delete negative posts from your forum?

Fatluke, as I mentioned before, the forum is completely uncensored. If you dig a little deeper, there is definitely both positive and negative feedback.