Thread: Customer Growth

Customer Growth

Okay trying to get an estimate of how many customers I can expect. Now I understand there are many varibles that come into play so how did your company grow?

Tell me what you did and what your return was:

IE:
    hosting.com
    We had a banner ad on directory.com and we got 5 new customers.

Yeah and post your urls so I can see what type of plans you offered. And the more details the better like I want to be modust with my estimates as its for a business plan but i dont want to be too modust..

Thanks all for the replies... I am just trying to get some real data from the advertisers rather the web site directories, portals, etc.

Thanks again!
    Gregory A, Van Horn
    President/Senior Web Developer
    Transcend Media Interactive Development & Marketing Group

I don't think many people are willing to share this information...
    Joe - HostingWave.Com / TXINSURANCE.COM
    http://www.hostingwave.com
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.

it's quite difficult to estimate what you will get.
    it's because we don't have same hosting plan and price. we don't have same banner as you.therefore, what I get will not same as you.

im not asking for an exact number because i would not want to share this either. But just an estimate based on your performance.

i know there tons and tons of variables but how about customer referrals? for instance 1 happy customer refer how many more happy customers?

thanks again....
    Gregory A, Van Horn
    President/Senior Web Developer
    Transcend Media Interactive Development & Marketing Group

Word of mouth is a powerful tool, espically for a small company who cant afford massive ad compaigns.

Word of mouth and resellers help with growth.

I agree on that. Exactly why I'm going to a trade show for small businesses in the morning, armed with 200 flyers, couple hundred business cards and a dozen reseller info packages I made up. I figure if I hand out about 1/2, and even get 2 or 3 sigups, it was worth it.
    AC Host Canada Affordable Canadian Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared Hosting | Email Hosting | DNS Hosting | Custom Plans Available

As long of course you dont make a loss by paying for travel etc to get up to the show. 1 is good enough, because no doubt they will spread word if your service is good etc.

It has always been a problematic subject, it depends on so many factors, audience you're targeting, marketing strategy (a.k.a banners showcase text etc.), your web site, hosting plans.

Some places are known for their targeted traffic - I suggest you'll try those places and see how it goes, if you usually have a good conversion rate on your web site - there shoudn't be a problem if you'll make some attractive offers - just be sure to check the traffic before you spend your money, lots of web sites claim more than they actually have.

Good luck
    Marketing For Hosting Companies:

Start testing different places and track your conversions with cookies. Find the best ROIs and stick to them.
    Web Hosting Stuff - Over 10,000+ Hosting Companies Listed
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com