Our company provides a variety of server migration/relocation services for companies and organizations with simple to very complex websites and applications, resellers and top tier web hosting companies. We offer consulting and assistance on migrating websites and applications from one server to another, including upgrading components and offering analysis of performance and other application / architectural issues. We are recruiting for an experienced systems administrator / migration specialist to join our growing team.
The position includes the following qualifications:
• Candidates will be highly skilled in Unix/Linux administration, configuration, and problem solving. You should have analyzed, managed, and completed a number of server migrations/relocations, and be very knowledgeable about techniques, migration tools, and challenges.
• Some experience with Windows Servers (Win 2K or Win 2003) would be a plus. Desire to also master windows server administration is necessary.
• Strong knowledge of DNS and related issues
• Significant experience with a variety of distributions, such as: Red Hat, Debian, SUSE, FreeBSD, or Solaris.
• Application and ecommerce experience with some of the following: Apache, MTAs, OSCommerce, X-Cart, and other widely used applications.
• Database administration experience to include MYSQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle.
• Experience with hosting services control panels including Cpanel, Plesk, or equivalent.
• Experience with scripting languages such as PHP, RoR, Python, ASP.net, or ColdFusion