Question E-mailing Newsletters

I'm looking to start sending out monthly e-mails to my clients (thanks dbbrock1!). I'm trying to find the cheapest method to do this. Right now I have about 1500 clients and I want to send out 1 monthly newsletter along with the ability to send out 1 or 2 announcements if needed. I've tried using the built in mass mail feature in iPanel but I have a lot of issues with people clicking the "Mark as spam" button in their e-mail and getting my IPs blacklisted on various lists.

Another option I have is creating a seperate VPS using different IPs just for mailing these newletters/announcements on my server although I don't know the best method of going about this nor do I know if this would be cheaper than using a seperate service.

Any recommendations, suggestions, or ideas?
    -Joe @ Secure Dragon LLC.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

Personally for 1500 emails a month I would do this in-house using PHPList. You will need to setup the cron to sent 100 per hour or less. If your emails are going into junk folders then your IP or domain could be blacklisted. Maybe your could allocate a new dedicated IP for bulk mailing? It might be an idea to add a line to your welcome emails saying people should add "[email protected]" to their whitelist. Rather than find a dedicated bulk mail service it maybe cheaper to find a cheap VPS and use that.

Well if I'm going to spend any money it will be much cheaper to get a dedicated e-mailing service. I've editted my Exim configuration to allow 2000 e-mails per hour from my main domain and plan on trying out PHPList. I'm looking into ways of having the e-mails sent from a different e-mail than my main one so that if the IP gets blacklisted then it won't halt system e-mails to my clients.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

just make sure you watch out for the Can-Spam laws.
    www.kuzasneu.com
    Internet|Technology|Intellectual Property
    No comments, postings, or exchanges on this forum are intended to be nor shall they be viewed as constituting legal advice, nor does it establish a client attorney relationship. If you need legal advice, please contact your attorney.

Glad you are giving the old newsletter a try.

Someone recommended PHPList - it's a decent software - the only problem is that people tend to get mail to their SPAM box if you email from your own dedicated server(not PHPList's fault).

I always use a premium email service because delivery rate is pretty much flawless. You do have to pay for it though.

I forgot how much I am paying - I think it's in the $20.00/m range.

It is definitely worth it - plus they got some really cool features and scheduling options which make it a pretty much automated process.

You just write up your series of emails, set the interval you want them delivered and it does it all on it's own.

With PHPList you kind of have to full around with it a lot.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

Yeah, that was the only reason I was considering an e-mail service was because of the delivery rates, although my clients have already received e-mails from my server in the past so I don't see a problem with them receiving more e-mails. I will give it a test run tonight.