Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Beware of HostPolice (Scammer)

I purchased a reseller account with a domain name from HostPolice 2 months ago (Paid $15.95), their service with 50% downtime was really sucks. I upgraded my account to alpha reseller 1 month later (Paid $54). You know what they told me?
    As alpha master accounts are hosted on different server it is not possible your current account but we will have to terminate your existing account & will create new alpha account on new server. Please confirm so we can proceed.
    What does this suppost to mean? All accounts will be deleted with NO BACKUPS! It was ok because i have only 2 clients.

Yesterday, i requested to change username and domain of my account. It would takes some time to change it because there are a few steps to do, just create a new alpha master reseller account for me and transfer all clients to there. It would takes 10~15 minutes only because i only have 10 + clients!

I submitted a ticket requesting to change username and they closed the ticket after a few replies when the issue was not solved. I'm not statisfied with their ticket reply! Also, they scammed about the panel. When ordering alpha reseller package, in the discription displayed this:
    Unlimited Transfer
    cPanel11 & WHM
    PHP5 Mysql
    Overselling Enabled
    All features Unlimited
    Zamfoo Reseller
    Fantastico Script Installer
    24/7 Technical Support
    99.5% Up time Guarantee
    30 Days Money Back Guarantee
    But when i login to the panel, i don't see any Zamfoo plugin installed so i opened another ticket requesting the panel plugin, they replied:
    You can't ask us what to do & what to not do on our server. We know what we are doing & we can ignore the things which we believe to NOT answer. We are not going to install Zamfoo.
    And then they closed my ticket. How rude was that?
    They provide **** services totally, i purchased a dedicated IP but they did not set it up for me and now even my ns1 and ns2 are the same IP as my website's IP. SHARED IP ADDRESS!

My advice, avoid them and hosting with no live support and phone support.

They terminated my account and my domain name after i posted this http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=891531
    I spent a few days editing my template and affords and now its gone just like that? Do you think i should ask for a refund and the loss?

Write your comment below.
    Last edited by mczy; 09-22-2009 at 06:29 AM.

If you went through that much trouble with them, I doubt it will even be worth trying to get a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    If you went through that much trouble with them, I doubt it will even be worth trying to get a refund.
    Thanks for the comment. Which host did you switched to?

Hi!
    Heh. I had to google "zamfoo" to even see what it was. Gah...another sub-reseller script. I wouldn't even consider something like that..those were a very bad idea from day one.

Yeah..well..I run out of fingers and toes counting the broken promises from so-called "resellers"..it's nothing new and should actually be expected. Gator has not let me down..not even once..so guess what? They're going to continue to be paid.

As a matter of fact, since we're on the subject of resellers..I have something that really needs to be said.

I know most won't listen and that's ok. I'm used to that and expect it.

I need to vent.

I once thought the purpose of offering a account for near nothing (at a loss) was to demonstrate to the person paying the bills that they could provide a service worth keeping..worth paying for every month and you could trust YOUR customers with them.

I am sad to say that theory has been proven wrong time and time again as wanna-be resellers continue to take 5-7 days to install a SSL cert that still does not work. Don't even get me started on the billing and ticket systems that are never tested beforehand..or the countless coupon codes that don't work..and the claims of 24/7 support. Don't even get me started on the nightly backups lies either.

I have came up with a new theory to replace the old. I have decided that there must be some tax advantage writeoff upshots to starting a business and losing money hand over fist. There has to be some reason..maybe it's enjoyable to lose money to some.

They plan on losing money and customers..it has to be so. There simply is no other way it has to be.

So there..I'm done wasting my time telling you things you already know.

Bryon
    Last edited by bryonhost1; 09-22-2009 at 08:31 AM.
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

Seems he don't want to reply me, i'll charge him $100 for the loss and $69.95 refund.

Whao, he deleted my client area account.

that's just terrible - if you paid by credit card you can file a chargeback and if it was by paypal, you can definitely dispute the transaction. These are the only ways to get your money back at the moment.

Don't know why they would delete a client's account...just to get rid of trouble? that's very unprofessional. We never delete a client's account even if they ask - it's for records. We can certainly close but deletion of legitimate accounts should not even be something to consider.

Good luck getting your money back, will be a toughie.

Quote Originally Posted by njoker555 View Post
    that's just terrible - if you paid by credit card you can file a chargeback and if it was by paypal, you can definitely dispute the transaction. These are the only ways to get your money back at the moment.

Don't know why they would delete a client's account...just to get rid of trouble? that's very unprofessional. We never delete a client's account even if they ask - it's for records. We can certainly close but deletion of legitimate accounts should not even be something to consider.

Hello,
    It is discusting that a company would remove an entire account, As a host, that should never be done unless a customer closes their account.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

I am sorry for your loss dude. i Know it sucks... i have gone through this kind of situation past. i would say always do research before you go with a hoster.

-TA
    TechWacky - The Social Tech Guide - HERE
    Currently operate servers with: Wholesale Internet, EvoSwitch, DataShack
    _) Previous servers: Limestone Networks, RapidSwitch, Poundhost, TailorMadeServers, JoesDC

Sorry to hear that.
    I did not find any thing about refund after 30 days in their TOS,so file a chargeback would be the only way to get your money back.
    HostEase Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

For an UNLIMITED (we know that there's no such thing) reseller account at $8.99/mo what were you actually expecting? You know what they say, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. Everybody should take this as a warning to keep their hands away from such unrealistic offers or better try their luck in some MLM scheme instead.
    Last edited by Michaelz; 09-22-2009 at 02:07 PM.

Totally lame, good luck in your next pick.

Quote Originally Posted by HostingDirect24 View Post
    For an UNLIMITED (we know that there's no such thing) reseller account at $8.99/mo what were you actually expecting?
    I agree on that!

hmm....it sounds like they don't know their arse from their elbow.

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by HostingDirect24 View Post
    For an UNLIMITED (we know that there's no such thing) reseller account at $8.99/mo what were you actually expecting?
    Get what you pay for

sorry for your loss, i've heard of this scam before. i know people who have lost way more money.

Quote Originally Posted by XSAndy View Post
    Get what you pay for
    Quote Originally Posted by eric_pu View Post
    Sorry to hear that.
    I did not find any thing about refund after 30 days in their TOS,so file a chargeback would be the only way to get your money back.
    I made the payment by Paypal 2 months ago, can i still dispute the transaction?

Quote Originally Posted by njoker555 View Post

Yes, they deleted my account and all accounts under me.
    And somemore, they replied "**** OFF" in the ticket when i'm asking for a refund, he said i "ABUSED HIM"! lol? How did i abused him? For just asking to change username and domain name?

AVOID THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by mczy View Post
    I made the payment by Paypal 2 months ago, can i still dispute the transaction?

Yes, they deleted my account and all accounts under me.
    And somemore, they replied "**** OFF" in the ticket when i'm asking for a refund, he said i "ABUSED HIM"! lol? How did i abused him? For just asking to change username and domain name?

AVOID THEM.
    He said WHAT? I dont care how angry you are, how can a business say something like that to a customer. You should post a screenshot of that communication.
    Keith I Myers

Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    He said WHAT? I dont care how angry you are, how can a business say something like that to a customer. You should post a screenshot of that communication.
    lol i missed the SS, he deleted my account after posting that message..

lol i missed the SS, he deleted my account after posting that message..
    Does he have his billing system send an e-mail when he responds to a ticket?
    Keith I Myers

I never receive any e-mail from his WHMCS since we started the arguement, he probably disabled it coz i keep sending emails asking for a refund lol.

EDIT: Just received this when submitting a ticket:
    Thank you for contacting our support team. A support ticket has now been opened for your request. You will be notified when a response is made by email. The details of your ticket are shown below.

Subject: Hey issue a refund!
    Priority: High
    That was my 4th ticket.
    Last edited by mczy; 09-22-2009 at 06:47 PM.

I got the screenshots! Comment and rate please, thanks.

Title: You're a jackass
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/d845f91c9c.png
    My Comment: HostPolice isn't a registered company so please don't say its a "Company" and even if its a company, its a CRAP COMPANY!

Title: Grow Up Kid
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/32e11d70b0.png
    This started to make me feel that HostPolice owner is immature. And i know $45 isn't a big deal, how about my loss? All together its like $169.95, you will have to pay me that.

Title: You're so immature
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3c9cc74fdd.png
    Abused you? How did i abused you? By just asking to change domain name username? You're naive.
    Last edited by mczy; 09-22-2009 at 07:45 PM.

I got the screenshots! Comment and rate please, thanks.

Title: You're a jackass
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/d845f91c9c.png

Title: Grow Up Kid
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/32e11d70b0.png

Title: You're so immature
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3c9cc74fdd.png
    Wow... Thats all I have to say.

However,
    In truth he is completely wrong in his response. How many "Unlimited Alpha Reseller" hosts survive more then a year or so. Very few. He may not know it yet, but he is a ticking time bomb.

What few people realize, it is that it is just as important to treat your former customers just as you treat your current customers.
    Keith I Myers

Updated with comments.

Those screenshots should go straight over to Paypal, then you can safely sit back and wait for a prompt chargeback from PP.

Then I would expect Paypal to slam the brakes on him, for breach of contract.

Post how you get on.

Hostpolice, sounds about right, upholders of the truth?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast