* What do we look for before buying a web hositng service?

Hi Everyone,

I am new here in this forum. Have been marketing on the internet for a while already. Have been running my biz on Hostgator all this while.

Hope to share and learn more from you guys.

Cheers,
    LittleguySingapore

Reputation. If the host doesn't fulfil that first requirement, find another.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

I would suggest you always to check the web hosts background. Go to search engines, type the company's name to see what kind of pages are ranked, search for consumer reviews, check whether they are well-established company or not. When it comes to web hosting it is always a good idea to search the WHT. The forum archive might give you a lot of information about provider's history.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Yes the reviews of the people for their host does explain lots about the hosts. Its definitly help peoples to guide them to make a good choice for themselves.
    And the host Uptime and Support matters lot.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles

The location of your visitors and your hosting company can be important.
    Internet Brothers Asia*SEOUL South Korea Since 1999
    http://www.internetbrothers.co.kr Business Registration 134-11-18207
    ▇ ASIA KOREA Web Hosting with English Support focusing on International clients in/out of Korea
    Cloud XEN VPS, VDS , Dedicated Servers physically located in South Korea Twitter @internetbros

1. Always ensure that you have a current backup or your data.
    2. Set up communications with them and discuss the important parts of your business with them and what you expect from a web host.
    3. Ensure you have current backups of your data.
    4. Do your due diligence using WHT and Google for example to check on them.
    5. Verify that they are familiar with the type of service you will need.
    6. Identify the current and future resource requirements for your hosting; bandwidth, RAM, HDD storage space
    7. Oh and did I mention to make sure that you have current backups of your data?

Quote Originally Posted by littleguysingapore View Post
    Hi Ian, this is something new to me. I thought all web hosting company can host andy domain type. Now i know most company cannot support .ws..... Hmmm... interesting...

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Littleguysingapore
    Any host can support any domain name. Some might just not be willing to register the more obscure extensions for you and you'd need to contact them directly or use a seperate registrar.

I think one of the most important thing is that the web hosting company must be able to provide fast support response. Imagine that you have a problem with your hosting and your business is not running adn to add salt to your misery, the hosting company is not responding to your ticket.

ERRRRR... and you are losing money by the hour. This will be very VERY frustrating indeed.
    <snipped>

Cheers,
    littleguysingapore
    Last edited by ldcdc; 09-22-2009 at 11:22 AM.

I would consider the reputation and up time guarantee.
    Anyway all the hosting companies are providing 100% satisfaction guarantee programs so go with the best reputed company that is in the business for long years.

Search in whois and have a look at the time their domain has been registered. You can at least have an idea how long they have been online.
    Internet Brothers Asia*SEOUL South Korea Since 1999
    http://www.internetbrothers.co.kr Business Registration 134-11-18207
    ▇ ASIA KOREA Web Hosting with English Support focusing on International clients in/out of Korea
    Cloud XEN VPS, VDS , Dedicated Servers physically located in South Korea Twitter @internetbros