Question Resolving DDoS Timeframe?

How long does it usually take to resolve a DDoS issue? With my previous provider, they usually resolved it within 30 minutes to 1 hour top.

With my current provider now, my server has been down for more than 6 hours due to a DDos attack which they stated are going into one of my boxes.

I got no update in these 6 hours, this kinda surprised me since I was used to getting replies in under 5 minutes from my previous provider.

Another thing the server is completely inaccessible, while I used to be able to actually help out solving DDoS cases on my previous provider. Now, all I can do is wait... for who knows how many hours...

Any insight would be helpful if this is normal or not.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

A DDoS or Fixing a DDoS can most definitely take anything from 30 minutes to weeks (The damage it could cause). Your provider not responding is another matter at hand.

Have you tried calling them?

Longest attacks we generally see are about 1 - 2 weeks. Unless your provider specifically advertises protection capabilities within the thresholds that you're receiving then they're not responsible for resolution.

Either way they should be able to get a null route in place against the offending IP in a fairly decent amount of time.