Thread: I need advice

Angry I need advice

This is a horror story to me and I am so upset that I can't think. In June I paid thehostingpalace.com a yearly fee. Since that time I have had to submit 24 tec support requests asking why my site is down, why is the address up and I cannot load my DB and various other situations. I am on offshore hosting. The site has been down over 17 times since I paid the $66.00. I requested a refund of 2/3 and the release of my site.Nope.. now they have banned me from the tech support. Funny thing that happened after the request.
    I would like to know if there is any place I can go to plea my case that I want some of the money back.
    I am here by a friends advice to find another server for us, but I am beside myself since I just can't throw that away and feel I have been ripped off.
    Thanks for listening,

There's not really much you can do unless you paid via a Credit Card in which case you can fight back with a charge-back. Curious as to why you went for "off-shore" hosting? Generally hosting providers that offer "offshore hosting" are labeled as less than reputable (but not always).
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

If you paid via paypal, you can easily get the refund back. Also if you paid by visa or credit card, you can also file for a chargeback. However I think there is a reason to why this happened. Maybe it was an understanding.
    Hussain Baig - 1-866-954-6747
    Toronto based VPS - Dedicated Servers - Colocation
    VPS Fusion - Providing scalable and reliable hosting solutions.

It's usually not a good idea to pay for a year in advance. It's better to pay month-to-month until you know that you'll enjoy the services the provider has to offer.

Unfortunately, unless they have some sort of refund or money back policy it's very unlikely that you'll be getting any type of refund.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I'd recommend searching for some new potential hosts, and do your homework on the hosts. For example, search for reviews about them, find out if they're a registered business, on a reputable network/datacenter, email them and ask them pre-sales questions.

I am so glad to have read the responses.. and will take them all into consideration. I did pay by paypal have the reciept and am looking for another server. I knew the people that ran the server I am on at least I think I did. It's going to be okay. I will just reload the site change my .com and move on and pay monthly for a while.
    Thank you for your response. As unethical as this seems to be.. it is really out of my hands.
    Nice site to be on for many things.. I am pleased to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgohan View Post
    If you paid via paypal, you can easily get the refund back. Also if you paid by visa or credit card, you can also file for a chargeback. However I think there is a reason to why this happened. Maybe it was an understanding.
    Actually if you paid via PayPal you have worse luck because all they have to do is say it was a virtual (non-tangible) service and you automatically lose. If you don't believe me call PayPal business support and ask them.

I do believe you, MikeDVB. I am just going to have to take this as a loss and move on again. At least I have support from my admin.assistant and mod. Currently I am just going to find another server tonight or tomorrow. I know this happens and will not repeat the same mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Starnova View Post
    I do believe you, MikeDVB. I am just going to have to take this as a loss and move on again. At least I have support from my admin.assistant and mod. Currently I am just going to find another server tonight or tomorrow. I know this happens and will not repeat the same mistake.
    Go with a reputable+known+established host - one with good reviews here on WHT and you should have much better luck.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Go with a reputable+known+established host - one with good reviews here on WHT and you should have much better luck.
    Nice suggestion. Beware reviews you will find. That is honest experience of other people, but not yours and what I recommend you is additional conversation with web hosting provider. Tell them what you are planning to do and which troubled did you have just to avoid them in the future
    Good luck

Sorry to hear that... but normally, i would prefer to pay for a monthly charge for a hosting service instead of paying them in a year. This way, i can terminate them without the need to ask for a refund.

Cheers,
    LittleGuySingapore

Quote Originally Posted by Starnova View Post
    I am just going to have to take this as a loss and move on again.
    Oh, I wish we had a few more like you.

I hate seeing people let down in business, but I also hate seeing people waste too much energy on pointless[even if justifiable] wingeing on WHT.

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    Nice suggestion. Beware reviews you will find. That is honest experience of other people, but not yours and what I recommend you is additional conversation with web hosting provider. Tell them what you are planning to do and which troubled did you have just to avoid them in the future
    Good luck
    I would agree that communication with a potential host can be of great help in your decision making, talk to any hosts you're interested in, test the support reply times, the knowledge of the staff, the professionalism of the responses, and get informed directly from the host itself about what you can and can't do with their service, and if they can meet your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgohan View Post
    Agree...all of us not sure about the story behind. Unless the company & the buyer can justify here and make clear to everyone.
    Last edited by ControlVM; 09-22-2009 at 12:10 PM.

Well I really appreciate the support I have received in such a short time. Thank you for your responses.
    As I wrote to the provider, I do not wish to make trouble, just move on an improve our situation.
    My attitude is to change things within you, in this case, find someplace else and quietly move on

At any rate I have gained a lot of information right here. Maybe I can contribute and help someone in the future at webhostingtalk.com

It is pretty nice you thinking like this.
    You will find very easy to find a host with good reputation on WHT.
    Wish you good luck.
    HostEase Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

Thats why i recommend never paying one year in advance, best of luck too you and hope you find your next host.

Starnova, just a question out of curiosity, does this $66.00 a year hosting has to do something with job posts at getafreelancer.com?
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence