Question confused with first client

I own a reseller account through a small hosting website. I purchased my client their domain and set up their account.

How do I link their hosting to their domain? Should I use my host's name servers or the ones they created for me?

I've tried using my name servers and I see their website how it is supposed to be, but they only see their domain parking page.

Thank you.

DNS changes are generally not instant, in some cases can take up to 48-72 hours. But it's usually pretty quick, are you waiting any period of time before trying other settings? As long as you created their account with the domain you want to come up ( or as an addon domain ) it should technically come up fine.

Can you provide any other details?

I've tried using my name servers and I see their website how it is supposed to be, but they only see their domain parking page.
    If they are running a Windows based PC they should open a command prompt and type:

ipconfig /flushdns

If they still see the parked page it could be their ISP.

When you register the domain, you should do so with your nameservers to prevent the propagation wait.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Is this a joke? you are selling hosting but have no idea how to set it up?

Quote Originally Posted by northstormnet View Post
    Everybody starts somewhere, at least they're coming here and asking for advice instead of just playing dumb with their client. Give them a break.

I must agree Mike, everyone needs to start somewhere. You cant expect someone to know all things about web hosting if they are now starting out.

BTW riptap, congrats on your first client and you should try to direct your questions to the person who created your reseller account. They might be more willing to handle the various questions you may have at this point. Also try reading some hosting account books and do try to visit here more often. That question you're asking falls under "domain names" so you can always look up further topics there.
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

Hello,
    I agree as well. I doubt that anyone here knew WHM and cPanel perfectly when they started (wishful thinking). However congrats on your first client and I hope you have many more.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

No one can skip their fist step. Lets give them space to develop...
    Last edited by bear; 09-25-2009 at 06:33 PM.

I doubt that anyone here knew WHM and cPanel perfectly when they started (wishful thinking).
    No one can skip their fist step. Lets give them space to develop...
    Agreed, to a point. Creating accounts, moving sites, restoring backups etc. are all situations that a soon-to-be-host can expect and thus prepare for (even if not become an expert at).

That being said, it is definitely better to ask (here, or the upstream provider) than let the customer down.

Somehow I agree with that.Would you start a garage (fix cars/mechanic) business when you have never worked on a car in your life ? Would you want to go to your doctor for heart surgery when that doctor has never worked on a patient before ?

Seems very silly to open up a business you have no clue what you are doing. You are letting yourself down as well as your clients.

my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by XFactorServers View Post
    Somehow I agree with that.Would you start a garage (fix cars/mechanic) business when you have never worked on a car in your life ? Would you want to go to your doctor for heart surgery when that doctor has never worked on a patient before ?

Seems very silly to open up a business you have no clue what you are doing. You are letting yourself down as well as your clients.

my 2 cents
    Being resourceful is just as useful/important as being knowledgeable in my experiences. You may not know the answer to everything but as long as you know where to find the answer in a timely fashion you should be good to go... And you will build your knowledge as you go along.

I assume you are linked to North Storm Media Networks, wonder how you did with your first steps and how long it took to break ur ego before asking for help, give the guy a break, he is trying to do the right thing for his client
    If you need help about anything to do with WHT, check out the Helpdesk

Guys give riptap a break.

You do not walk instant when you where a baby you crawl.

Well done on your first client. That is what this forums is about ASK and you shall Recieve.

Ask if we need to help you. This world is so full off I know it all and some do not even know much.

Never think you know it all. You might trip and fall hard with your face to the ground.

Just my 2 cents.
    South Africa SEO
    South Africa Web Solutions
    24 Hours / 365 days Support

Riptab,

Another thing to watch out with DNS, if they were hosted with there local ISP, most of the ISP will only pull local DNS then, unless they are told other wise. We have had to make calls on the clients behalf before.