* need your recommendation for ecommerce website,

Dear all,
    I would highly appreciate if you can recommend one reliable, good speed hosting company for me.

here is what I would like to have.

1. Stability and reliablity.
    2. accessible to users around the world with descent speed.
    3. My budget <15 usd/month, the lower the better.
    4. the server should be mainly based in USA.
    5. the more domain it host for free, the better.
    6. Since it won't be a huge e-commence website, I would think the minimal disk space and bandwith will be sufficient.
    7. Allow me to FPT upload and manage the website I write with Frontpage 2000 (don't laugh at me, that is all I can do now).
    8. some tools that can be used to promote e-commerce, though I don't immediate need for it yet.
    9. Definitely, the server should be windows based.

thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by needstablehosting View Post
    1. Stability and reliablity.
    I think most would like to have this from their host, nothing out of the ordinary here.
    2. accessible to users around the world with descent speed.
    Again, this is pretty standard. You are of course going to have the fastest response times/transfer speeds closest to the provider no matter who you choose or where they are.
    3. My budget <15 usd/month, the lower the better.
    Ok.
    4. the server should be mainly based in USA.
    Define "mainly based" are you planning on having multiple accounts around the world? If so how are you planning on splitting/determining traffic and sending them to the right server? You're not going to get more than 1 account and anything near what would be needed for that for anywhere near $15 so I would suggest you choose "USA" or "Not USA"
    5. the more domain it host for free, the better.
    Keep in mind that if you can host 1,000 domains on one account so can everybody else on the server which may cause some issues for reliability and stability.
    6. Since it won't be a huge e-commence website, I would think the minimal disk space and bandwith will be sufficient.
    Sounds good - just about any host should be fine in this regard (yes, even unlimited) as long as you don't plan or expect to use huge amounts of disk space or transfer.
    7. Allow me to FPT upload and manage the website I write with Frontpage 2000 (don't laugh at me, that is all I can do now).
    I don't know any paid web hosting providers off the top of my head that do not support FTP now if you meant "FPT" instead of "FTP" maybe meaning FrontPage Transfer - the provider would have to support FrontPage extensions and for this I do wish you some luck as FrontPage is long dead and gone. I'm not laughing at you - it's just no longer developed or supported.
    8. some tools that can be used to promote e-commerce, though I don't immediate need for it yet.
    What do you have in mind?
    9. Definitely, the server should be windows based.
    This is going to greatly increase your cost because the average Windows shared plan is going to have a higher base cost due to licensing (Windows, MSSQL, etc...) as well as there are far less ecommerce options out there that are Windows based and they are likely going to cost money where as there are many free ecommerce solutions for Linux. Now keep in mind that it doesn't matter what type of computer you use at home - you can use MicroSoft FrontPage with Linux and you can even use a Mac with Linux hosting

thank you so much.
    Hopefully I've been helpful.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Nice and detailed reply mike. Nothing to add.
    Let's talk custom servers and reseller plans

Hi Mike,
    Really appreciate your inputs. do you have any recommendation on web hosting company based on my needs?

Hi, Aspirationhosting - linux though so not helpful on the other hand... ultimahosts.net --> contact them they **Might** be able to help you on your budget.
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

It is rarely that you will get a direct recommendation in the forums, but the Offers area should provide you with a list of companies that can meet that budget/specs....frankly a LOT of them would.
    Select few offers, look them up on WHT and even Google them for bad/good reviews and give them a shot.
    I recommend going monthly at beginning, so you see if the promised specs are true.

Good luck and let us know when you nailed it.
    Let's talk custom servers and reseller plans

Hi Mike,
    Really appreciate your inputs. do you have any recommendation on web hosting company based on my needs?
    I assume you need to do the following:
    Do the search within offers section. Find web hosting companies and then do the search for the reviews on the forums.
    I assume that would the be4st and the quickest way
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization