Starting a News Website - development and hosting advice

Hi guys,

I have an idea I have decided to run with for a specific industry news website in an industry I know extremely well. I know i can make a huge success of this, but need to get the right site.

What I am looking to do is create a site which, as well as placing my own news stories, pulls in news stories from several other sources - main players in the market and other, less specific news sites.

I dont have the knowledge to develop something like this myself, but any assistance any one can provide would be very much appreciated. i'd be looking for hosting with a provider who also offered some kind of bolt on apps or something similar...

maybe it doesnt exist and i need to have the site professionally developed from day 1???

cheers

You could use RSS feeds and an RSS feed agreggator such as Gregarius. Drupal also has RSS feed aggregator plugins.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    You could use RSS feeds and an RSS feed agreggator such as Gregarius. Drupal also has RSS feed aggregator plugins.
    So I would be looking for a host that offers Drupal as a CMS and also RSS plug in....

Know any!?

Quote Originally Posted by t1net View Post
    So I would be looking for a host that offers Drupal as a CMS and also RSS plug in....

Know any!?
    No, you would be looking for any host offering PHP5 and MySQL and then you would download and install Gregarius or Drupal and the Plugins and follow their installation instructions.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/