Advice Please...

Hi, I am looking to become a sole trader building and selling pc's as well as custom builds and maybe some hardware.

I am looking for advice on tips and do you think this small business would survive on the Internet? A little quirk to the business is that i may pre-install Ubuntu Linux on the PC's. I am also considering offering Ubuntu OS solutions to local small businesses.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Dan

I really don't have advice

but i wish you a good luck

Quote Originally Posted by marsdend View Post
    Hi, I am looking to become a sole trader building and selling pc's as well as custom builds and maybe some hardware.

I am looking for advice on tips and do you think this small business would survive on the Internet? A little quirk to the business is that i may pre-install Ubuntu Linux on the PC's. I am also considering offering Ubuntu OS solutions to local small businesses.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Dan

My advice, start a gaming lan center. Fairly small start up costs and you'll have a lot of kids coming in, that's the best way to get people interested.
    Not sure what to put here :-P

What your attempting to do, is a very hard market that is nearly impossible to penetrate.

Between Dell, HP, Alienware(also dell), Cyberpower, and Ibuypower, what makes you think someone will buy from you, vs buying from one of these established companies.

Not trying to be hard on you, just realistic.

This would be more viable if you just had a website online for a web presence, but mainly only catered / built the computers for locals. But then again, are you going to offer 24/7 tech support? 1 year warranty? Are you prepared for the startup costs..business tax / permit etc etc?

If you are interested in selling online, I'd recommend trying out eBay first, instead of making your own ecommerce website. Some of the powersellers on eBay can sell up to 20 PCs/week.