Question Newbie help needed please: Some questions about fdcservers...

Hello friends,
    I want to get a server from fdcservers.net and I need help on some subjects.

1-Do you know about the control panels? i saw ensim, but if i want plesk 5 or cpanel, how it would be? any extra price?
    2-How are reboots? when i want a reboot in what time it will be done? (normally and maximum)
    3-How long it will take to setup a server ?
    4-How is the support? (Because when i email sales i got no responce)

ThanX.

You should probably steer clear from them......

Why??

They are a cheap provider, they cram lots of servers onto one single line...they have zero support...do a search they just sustained a WEEK of downtime b/c they lost their cogent line... I sure as hell wouldnt put my business on them.

So whats your choice between dedi. providers? i want to start with low prices like them...

You arent going to find much for $100, however for about $150-160/month you can find dedicateds that are reliable and have good bandwidth... you can get a P3-P4 w/ 100-150gigs transfer for about that much..60gig 7200prm hdd as well.

1) I use webmin, it's free and rocks

2) I had to request 3 reboots within 4 days for one of my servers. All were executed in about 5-15 min., the last one was today very early in the morning, must have been 5-6 o clock at fdc's location

3) It was always about 2 days for me (2 servers so far)

4) Unsure what you mean: I haven't had any hardware failures, and reboots were done within reasonable time. Other than that I have no experience with them support wise. I do everything on my own and I think you should be prepared to do the same if you want to take advantage of any of these $100 and below servers, be it from fdc or another provider

does FDCservers have a chatroom in IRC ??

For the one millionth time...FDC provides pretty much zero support.

Erich, how you can get more IPs?

(I dont know if fdcserver saw this thread?)

Haven't ordered additional IP's yet. I guess I'd get some if I need them. Just send them an email.

this is where i chime in and recommend rackshack

lol

Originally posted by powvex
    So whats your choice between dedi. providers? i want to start with low prices like them...