Thumbs down servernation.co.uk rip off

We have a large problem with servernation.co.uk , they have taken our money for a server and delivered a non-functioning box. We paid by UK bank transfer. I'm not sure how UK law works so I'd appreciate some advice.

We ordered a server with 12 Gigs of ram, and received one with only 8 gigs. When we complained about it we were told they had installed the wrong chassis with the motherboard and would replace it when they had the right parts.

The malfunctioning server has been sitting in the datacenter now for over 6 weeks, and there is still no resolution to this. They've taken our money and refuse to offer a refund, take back the equipment, or do anything at all. All we get is the occasional reply from Dale Woods to our complaints with vague assurances that the equipment is on the way. After 6 weeks these platitudes are getting a bit ridiculous.

Meanwhile we were able to order identical equipment from sentralsystems.com within days.

This is a complete rip off, from what seemed to be a sizeable company. We were even referred to them by the DC (ukservers.com).

Does anyone have any experience with these jokers? What recourse do we have here?
    VPSVille.com
    Toronto, London, Dallas, Los Angeles
    Quality VPS hosting on Premium bandwidth
      0 Not allowed!

Which CPU did you have?

There can be quite a big jump in part costs from 8G to 12G RAM with some platforms
    Technical Director, M247

Premium web and Internet infrastructure services from M247.com
    M247 is actively buying Helm3 customer base - cash waiting.
      0 Not allowed!

The issue here is that we're out the money.

We were invoiced for core-i7 and 12 GB and thats what we paid. The prices were in line with other vendors for the same equipment. They didn't under charge us, they delivered equipment which apparently is shorting out and unusable due to an incorrect build.
    VPSVille.com
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

FYI: Looks like the server was repaired last week, but we were never informed by either the supplier or the DC!
    VPSVille.com
      0 Not allowed!

So rather than being a rip off they actually fixed it but someone forgot to tell you ?

Thread title needs changing me thinks.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DATARTIM View Post
    So rather than being a rip off they actually fixed it but someone forgot to tell you ?

Thread title needs changing me thinks.
    I would agree, but waiting 6 weeks too long.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DATARTIM View Post
    Yes, exactly. After a month they were able to secure the parts and they made good on their promise to fix the server. Unfortunately no one told us about it until we started complaining loudly
    VPSVille.com
      0 Not allowed!

I'm sorry to hear you had issues with the company. I hope the next company you choose will be able to service you better. They sure seem to have a communication error in the company. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!
      0 Not allowed!

Thread closed by request.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!