Angry Bad experience with fluidhosting

I use fluidhosting service for 7 years and introduce many friends to use their service,too.

At first years, fluidhosting provides very excellent service, they always handle my issues less than 10 mins. That's why I recommended fluidhosting to my friends. But in the recent year, I always need to wait almost 2 hours at least to got help. And their live support at homepage or msn are always display away.

Yesterday I submitted a ticket about network issue, I got response after 3 hours. So I decided to move out from fluidhosting. After I backup all files and databases, I submitted a ticket to ask them terminate my account and refind my payment at 16:18 yesterday. But nobody handle my ticket until now (almost 12 hours ).

Because I can't get any help after I submitted a ticket, I post a new thread at their customer forum. But still no-one show up to help me.

I just want to terminate my account and refind payment. It's very simple issue, even if financial department not work at weekend they also can tell me they got this message and will handle this at Monday. This makes customer feel much comfortable.

I don't know when will I get my refund, the lastest billing statement is 7/18/2009 - 1/18/2010. They might want to keep my issue's state in new and close my account at 1/18/2010 then they don't need to pay any to me. That's also fine to me, I spent $76 to know fluidhosting clear and I will tell all my friends don't use their hosting service(I already did it).

I also post my terrible experience with them at my blog and here. If you want to use fluidhosting please refer my experience before you make decision.

Quote Originally Posted by henryi View Post
    I just want to terminate my account and refind payment. It's very simple issue, even if financial department not work at weekend they also can tell me they got this message and will handle this at Monday. This makes customer feel much comfortable.

It is common that many companies billing departments are not open 24/7, weekends or holidays. You will probably see some action today on your ticket / request.

If the department is not working, they cannot respond to your initial request. If they were around, they would be able to process your request at that moment and not say we'll handle it later.

I do understand your situation and point of view however, I wish you goodluck in obtaining a refund if it is possible and wish you the best at your new host.

It maybe the difference between Chinese and American. Chinese customer service will give me a response and tell me billing department not work at weekend and they will handle my request at Monday.

This will make customer feel better. At least, I know someone care about my request not just wait.

And the main reason I decided to move out from fluidhosting is their technical support. I submitted a network issue ticket, they answered me after 3 hours later.

Create a support ticket to technical department asking about the billing ticket. They will let you know department timings.

Fluidhosting support ticket system only can chose priority and can't chose what kind of issue. So I don't know who will see my ticket after I submit it.

It maybe the difference between Chinese and American. Chinese customer service will give me a response and tell me billing department not work at weekend and they will handle my request at Monday.

This will make customer feel better. At least, I know someone care about my request not just wait.

And the main reason I decided to move out from fluidhosting is their technical support. I submitted a network issue ticket, they answered me after 3 hours later.

That could very well be, however if no one in that department is working, they can't really respond either way. It does behoove a company to have an employee check in once or twice a day on the off days though.

If you submit a ticket about a refund request etc, to tech support in most cases they would have replied with the billing department is closed X days and operate between x hours and that your ticket would be handled then. That would give you the validation you are looking for. Even if it took them two hours to respond to it.

Fluidhosting support ticket system only can chose priority and can't chose what kind of issue. So I don't know who will see my ticket after I submit it.
    Oh I see, this is strange. Usually you can select the department. In that case someone should have replied letting you know they sent the ticket to billing etc. Is tech support not 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by CoishAssociates View Post
    That could very well be, however if no one in that department is working, they can't really respond either way. It does behoove a company to have an employee check in once or twice a day on the off days though.

If you submit a ticket about a refund request etc, to tech support in most cases they would have replied with the billing department is closed X days and operate between x hours and that your ticket would be handled then. That would give you the validation you are looking for. Even if it took them two hours to respond to it.
    I agreee with you. I will wait fluidhosting respond to my ticket at work days.

Oh I see, this is strange. Usually you can select the department. In that case someone should have replied letting you know they sent the ticket to billing etc. Is tech support not 24/7?
    In recent year, I think their service might not 24/7

2 hours is good enough.

I hope your new provider can beat this. Some of the providers I know will reply 24 hours later... especially the europe host.

Good luck with your new provider!
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    2 hours is good enough.

I hope your new provider can beat this. Some of the providers I know will reply 24 hours later... especially the europe host.

I agree with this, two hours would be considered a "good to fair" response time, especially in Europe where things seem to be more laid back. It looks as if the OP became accustomed to FH's quick response / resolution times in the earlier years and as they've grown have adopted a different support policy / less inclined to provider a higher level of service.

Waiting 2 hours to receive a response for a support request hardly can be qualified as terrible. I'm mean, is not great either, but you must have very high standards to qualify 2 hours as terrible.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

2 hours is good enough.

I might be too greedy. Fluidhosting provides very excellent service at first years at my experience. They always handle my request within 10 mins and never over 30 mins.

It might reason makes me feel very un-happy about their service in recent year. I got response about network issue over 3 hours yesterday and this not first time in past year.

I also have experience with hosting providers in Europe, maybe I'm lucky my provider in Europe never let me wait for 24 hours.

I agree with this, two hours would be considered a "good to fair" response time, especially in Europe where things seem to be more laid back. It looks as if the OP became accustomed to FH's quick response / resolution times in the earlier years and as they've grown have adopted a different support policy / less inclined to provider a higher level of service.
    Yes, that's why I think two hours is terrible experience with fluidhosting. Because their support service very excellent in the first years about my experience.

I think I should accept two hours is reasonable. Anyway, I moved out from fluidhosting and just want they can care about my last issue ticket. At least, fluidhosting is a very excellent hosting provider that I used.

Yes, you are just lucky.

When it comes to hosting industry, a valid response is within 6 hours unless your server/site is down, they do put some emergency on this at least for these days though...

The Europe host I knew has 24/7 support but it is only true if you pay more for it... so, normal for them is within 24 hours or within 48 hours... it is really a pain.

So, in my opinion, I don't agree that fluidhosting is a terrible provider based on their 2-3 hours response time.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Yes, you are just lucky.

When it comes to hosting industry, a valid response is within 6 hours unless your server/site is down, they do put some emergency on this at least for these days though...

The Europe host I knew has 24/7 support but it is only true if you pay more for it... so, normal for them is within 24 hours or within 48 hours... it is really a pain.

So, in my opinion, I don't agree that fluidhosting is a terrible provider based on their 2-3 hours response time.
    I think it's my "terrible" English makes everyone think my opinion is wrong. I think if title of this thread change to "bad" or "not good" experience would be good.

I also want to thank you all. Because I use and very satisified with fluidhosting for 7 years, I don't know two hours support actually is a very good support. Your reply let me know more about this industry.

I think this forum's most help not only provides a platform to let us find / promote hosting provider. It also teach customer to learn more about what is good and reasonable.

If possible I want to modify my title and don't use "terrible". Because I think their service not terrible after your explanation.

I think in this thread the most terrible is my English.

Because I use and very satisified with fluidhosting for 7 years, I don't know two hours support actually is a very good support.
    It's not "very good", but it's decent enough, and you could definitely find a lot worse.

But, given the significantly better experience you had with them in the past, the decline may very well be subjectively be perceived as "terrible".

Good luck getting the level of service you need/are used to, from your new provider!

I think if title of this thread change to "bad" or "not good" experience would be good.
    I changed it for you already.
    Specially 4 You

I changed it for you already.
    Thank you very much.
    I feel very sorry about using "terrible".
    This word is not fair and harmful to fluidhosting.

With my experience with FH, I would strongly suggest to think twice before you move out. These are the some of the nicest guys I have come across in the hosting industry. Forgetting 7 years of good experience because one ticket response/resolution got delayed by few hours, I personally think is bit an extreme thing

About Billing I think Dave is the only one who handles such type of cancellation requests and he might be away for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by pingme97 View Post
    With my experience with FH, I would strongly suggest to think twice before you move out. These are the some of the nicest guys I have come across in the hosting industry. Forgetting 7 years of good experience because one ticket response/resolution got delayed by few hours, I personally think is bit an extreme thing

About Billing I think Dave is the only one who handles such type of cancellation requests and he might be away for any reason.
    FH's support responsed my ticket, I told him/her why I moved out.
    I think they might be understand.

FH's support responsed my ticket, I told him/her why I moved out.
    I think they might be understand.
    Just curious where did you move to?

I use fluidhosting service for 7 years and introduce many friends to use their service,too.

At first years, fluidhosting provides very excellent service, they always handle my issues less than 10 mins. That's why I recommended fluidhosting to my friends. But in the recent year, I always need to wait almost 2 hours at least to got help. And their live support at homepage or msn are always display away.

Yesterday I submitted a ticket about network issue, I got response after 3 hours. So I decided to move out from fluidhosting. After I backup all files and databases, I submitted a ticket to ask them terminate my account and refind my payment at 16:18 yesterday. But nobody handle my ticket until now (almost 12 hours ).

Because I can't get any help after I submitted a ticket, I post a new thread at their customer forum. But still no-one show up to help me.

I don't know when will I get my refund, the lastest billing statement is 7/18/2009 - 1/18/2010. They might want to keep my issue's state in new and close my account at 1/18/2010 then they don't need to pay any to me. That's also fine to me, I spent $76 to know fluidhosting clear and I will tell all my friends don't use their hosting service(I already did it).

I also post my terrible experience with them at my blog and here. If you want to use fluidhosting please refer my experience before you make decision.
    You are lucky enough and only happened after 7 years.....

Quote Originally Posted by pingme97 View Post
    Just curious where did you move to?
    I still looking for hosting provider. I host my sites at my friend's space that provided by ApertureHost now.

If they provides good support I will use their hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff-ay View Post
    You are lucky enough and only happened after 7 years.....
    Actually, I want to use FH for all my life at begin. But something happed and made have to move out.

Well, this is my 1st post, so I don't want to sound like I'm advertising, but I've been with fluidhosting for a couple years on their shared hosting, and I've found that they provide great service. Granted, I just host a few sites off one account, but they are joomla sites, and they are very responsive.

Fluidhost often emails updates about server maintenance and upgrades that are almost always done late night. From a hosting standpoint, and from a business standpoint, I really think they do great work.

Still, while my sites are fast, there is only so much optimization I can do for cms-based systems on their shared hosting (which is understandable), and their shared servers are definitely not configured to host drupal. Unfortunately, I can't access many of the settings (again understandable--for a shared host) to configure drupal appropriately.

I just joined this site because I'm thinking about getting a host that will work well--and fast--with drupal. I'll likely keep fluid because they have worked so well. I guess I'll post a separate question asking what you guys think of drupal hosts...if I don't find a good thread.

Anyways, it's pretty rare that I want to defend a business, but I really think fluid hosting provides a great service.

Henryi,

Thank you for your business over the past 7 years. Given the many other hosting companies out there, it is certainly not easy to keep a customer satisfied for this long. We find it an honor to be able to serve you over those long years.

First of all, please accept our sincerest apology for not answering your billing ticket until our business hours. I agree that the tech working during the weekend could have informed you with regards to our billing hours.

Unlike billing and sales, we still provide support coverage during weekend, holidays, and off business hours. In this sense, our support coverage is indeed 24/7 (where our sales and billing coverage would have been 8/5 instead). We consider M-F, 8 AM to Midnight Eastern Time, as our prime support coverage. You would get tickets answered and even resolved within, in average, 30 minutes (usually less than this, as you have experienced). Outside of these extended business hours, you will not get denied for support. Your support ticket would be answered and even resolved within, in average, 2 hours. As indicated by others, this is better than the industry standard. It is regrettable that you have used this as a ground to write a negative review about us despite your previous 7 years of good hosting experience with us. We still appreciate your feedback though. Despite the fact that our customers crave about our support quality, we are still trying to improve ourselves.

With regards to the network problem, the problem is beyond our control. Your website had been blocked by a Chinese government. You may be able to resolve this temporarily by switching to another IP (does not necessarily have to be to a different hosting company), but this may not be a permanent fix as eventually the new IP may get blocked again. The issue, again, is not indicative of us.

You can try to contact support again and see if you can see if the issue persists and if so, whether switching your domain to another IP may fix the issue (Again, may not be a permanent fix).

Feel free to contact me should you have any further questions and/or concerns.

Thank you.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Quote Originally Posted by olive48 View Post
    Well, this is my 1st post, so I don't want to sound like I'm advertising, but I've been with fluidhosting for a couple years on their shared hosting, and I've found that they provide great service. Granted, I just host a few sites off one account, but they are joomla sites, and they are very responsive.

Fluidhost often emails updates about server maintenance and upgrades that are almost always done late night. From a hosting standpoint, and from a business standpoint, I really think they do great work.

Still, while my sites are fast, there is only so much optimization I can do for cms-based systems on their shared hosting (which is understandable), and their shared servers are definitely not configured to host drupal. Unfortunately, I can't access many of the settings (again understandable--for a shared host) to configure drupal appropriately.

I just joined this site because I'm thinking about getting a host that will work well--and fast--with drupal. I'll likely keep fluid because they have worked so well. I guess I'll post a separate question asking what you guys think of drupal hosts...if I don't find a good thread.

Anyways, it's pretty rare that I want to defend a business, but I really think fluid hosting provides a great service.
    Thank you for your feedback. What issues are you having? You may contact our support to see if there is anything we can help you with your drupal setup. Shared hosting may not be the best environment to be if you require many tweaks and custom configuration. We do have a VPS as an alternative you can look to. Feel free to contact us in more details if you are interested.

Thank you again.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)