Exclamation Beware Web Hosts

Hi web hosts,

Just thought I should let you know:

I have just had to terminate a web hosting account because of violations to the following from our Terms of Service:

3. Banned Content

3.1 Customers must use Hydro Host Services for lawful and authorized purposes only. Storage, presentation or transmission of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited.

3.2 Storage, presentation or transmission of data, information or work which violates British, UK, International or other applicable laws is strictly prohibited.

3.3 Distribution or storage of malicious scripts or programs such as viruses is strictly prohibited.

3.4 Content which intends to teach or endorse malicious scripts or hacking is also prohibited.

3.5 We reserve the right to immediately and without notice terminate the services of customers who violate the conditions in 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and/or 3.4.
    I am aware that this person is floating round a lot of web hosting forums trying to get free web hosting.

The domain in question is: av-hackers.com.
    Hydro Host – Affordable UK Web Hosting - cPanel
    Shared Hosting – Reseller Hosting – Domain Name Registration - Affiliate Program
    www.hydro-host.net

okey kokey, We'll bare that in mind
    Garbott Ltd - Exceptional web development, hosting & consultancy services

Thanks for the tip.

No Probs!
    Shared Hosting – Reseller Hosting – Domain Name Registration - Affiliate Program
    www.hydro-host.net

The domain should be a bit of a giveaway should it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_EZPZ View Post
    The domain should be a bit of a giveaway should it not?
    Indeed, but it was only registered last night. And hosting was canceled today.
    www.hydro-host.net

I wonder if this is the same guy who kept emailing us asking for a free trial "only for one day to test uptime and speed". Pricing is your first line of defence against such people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_EZPZ View Post
    The domain should be a bit of a giveaway should it
    not?
    well, I've seen domains like that which doesn't contain anything about hacking anyway, so you'd have to look at the content before fully deciding on whether to take action

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting View Post
    I wonder if this is the same guy who kept emailing us asking for a free trial "only for one day to test uptime and speed". Pricing is your first line of defence against such people.
    gotta love those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting View Post
    It's really too bad because this is why the free trial has gone by the wayside. The thing is that anybody could get a free trial to try something out with 0 risk however but even these days with a money-back-guarantee people still feel they may not get their money back as an initial level of trust is still required.

Oh well - scammers, fraudsters, and the like can all be held responsible for that but there's nothing that can be done about it now.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Well i know with us personally we will not host any domain with even the word hackers in the URL, If it apears we usually suspend it.

Quote Originally Posted by hostingdispatch View Post
    Well i know with us personally we will not host any domain with even the word hackers in the URL, If it apears we usually suspend it.
    I can obviously understand protecting yourself and your servers against hackers but what about sites that use the term "hackers" in the more benign sense? Ie "phpBB hackers" who hack the software and create plugins and fixes.
    AdelaideHost - providing shared and VPS hosting.
    Reliability and professionalism at prices that don't hurt your wallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceaser View Post
    I can obviously understand protecting yourself and your servers against hackers but what about sites that use the term "hackers" in the more benign sense? Ie "phpBB hackers" who hack the software and create plugins and fixes.
    I've never personally considered that "hacking". Such as when people call something a vBulletin "hack" it's not a hack - it may be a modification or a plugin but it is not realy a "hack" as far as the word hack is actually defined.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    I've never personally considered that "hacking".
    Which is where it gets interesting! The term "hack" now means so many things to so many people that it has become a matter of opinion as to what the official definition is.

My point was more that it seemed as though hostingdispatch would arbitrarily suspend an account with the word "hacking" in it and that seems a little unfair to me, personally.
    AdelaideHost - providing shared and VPS hosting.
    Reliability and professionalism at prices that don't hurt your wallet!

Thanks for the information
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Thank you

Thank you for the heads up I will be on the look out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceaser View Post
    Which is where it gets interesting! The term "hack" now means so many things to so many people that it has become a matter of opinion as to what the official definition is.

My point was more that it seemed as though hostingdispatch would arbitrarily suspend an account with the word "hacking" in it and that seems a little unfair to me, personally.
    Yeah, definitely a poor way to go about things but I guess that just means more clients for every other provider out there besides HostingDispatch.

More specify the sites content was regarding "Anti Virus Hacking".

I would not just delete someone just because of the domain.
    www.hydro-host.net