Thread: email support

email support

hi there im currently starting my own webhosting company and im stuck at a wall as all emails sent from me and my billing system seems to go in junk mail on hotmail is there any way some 1 could tell me the steps needed to get my emails to show on hotmail inbox

many thanks

You'll need to add the address you're sending from to your address book. Click the "mark as safe" link beside the "from" email address in the email you receive.
    AdelaideHost - providing shared and VPS hosting.
    Reliability and professionalism at prices that don't hurt your wallet!

Tony,

Unfortunately this is something you'll need to get used to. We've done so much in the past to make Yahoo, Hotmail, etc happy but emails still continue to hit the junk box.

My suggestion would be this on your signup page:

"Please take a moment and add email@domain.com to your address book. Failure to do this could result in our emails not reaching your inbox"

That's my plan on our redesigned site.

You need to setup your domain's SPF record correctly so that Hotmail and Yahoo can verify the originality of your emails.

You can do this by adding SPF records in your domain's DNS zone.

Additionally, ask your provider to also setup PTR records or Reverse DNS from your IP to your domain name. This will also help your mails to get into Yahoo's and Hotmail's inbox instead of their junk folder.

Good luck!
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

I've found that GMAIL is pretty good at getting mail to other "free" email providers. They allow you to send mail from your own domain so I sometimes use them to send a message if I know the recipient is using a service that (hyper)actively marks good mail as spam (e.g. Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail).

Ironically, GMAIL regularly marks good mail as spam too but at least their pretty reliable for sending.

I hope this helps!