What made you choose your current host.

When looking for a web host, what do you look to sing up with them. If you already have one why did you pick him.

SoftLayer - and it was their network and support as well as pricing.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

I chose our Service due to their Reliability and Support. I did some backround checks and read some reveiws and asked them several questions before purchasing. I believe I made the correct choice.

Go Knownhost!

Limestonenetworks: There reputation gained in the little 2years open, I have been a customer for those great 2 years, not a single problem, by far the best support and network.

WiredTree and UberBandwidth colocation.

WiredTree - Excellent support and response times. Haven't ran into any major issues in terms of downtime. Any maintenances were always notified before hand and are relatively brief.

UberBandwidth - New customer with them so I can't say much. So far so good. Very cheap bandwidth

limestonenetworks - they are simply the best! no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by hypebeast View Post
    limestonenetworks - they are simply the best! no questions asked.
    I suppose 80% of the residents will answer in the same vein

I assume each relationships betwen web hosting service provider and end users begin from the try. User decide to give a try to the provider and once they get what the hoped for they become trust this company
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Reliability and support. Speed comes as a bonus.

I've tried a cheap hosting before, and it disappoints me during the worst times (down just before demo, presentation, etc).

I'm with HostGator. I went with them because they have a good reputation, good hosting packages for great prices, and good servers (which could be argued in some cases I guess, but the one I'm on is fine).

I simply returned where I started. I knew their service, talked with their representative. Why did I return? Just because I was not using a smalll part of resources given at previous host.

godaddy, cheap and also customer support very good, I got used to it with them so I don't know if I will change to a different host. But is good
    I wouldn't recommend sex- drinks- or Mac for everyone but they work for me.
    Programming Help, OS System Help, Articles, Videos, Tutorials, Books-Web Dot Dev http://www.webdotdev.com

But is unlimited bandwidth and storage inportant?

Quote Originally Posted by userkiller View Post
    But is unlimited bandwidth and storage inportant?
    There's no such thing.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Good service and good support. Good service for me = little to no downtime, fast page loads, and has all the features I need.
    The 2 hosts I have are:
    Powermonster.net which hosts bunnykinsblog.com
    and everity.com which hosts otakuplayground.com.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    SoftLayer - and it was their network and support as well as pricing.
    Same here. Two years with them and everything is great.

To the OP: beware there is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth and space. All terms of service (TOS) contracts taketh away what the advertising giveth. The problem with an "unlimited" provider, is you never know when your site might "use too many resources" and be suspended. (e.g. if it gets a Digg.) Also, the servers can be slow AND they are not all that cheap when you consider prices often go up after an introductory special low offer... OR you have to pay for 2 years to get the real low price. (Again, I'm not claiming every single unlimited service falls into all of these pitfalls, but it's generally accurate for the most part from what I saw when looking for a host recently.)

Now contrast this to a host who offers REALLY low month-to-month or quarterly payments (annual too, if you want), for limited space and bandwidth that is nevertheless more than you will ever use? Or at least for a long time! And if you DO need more space or bandwidth later, you can graduate to a plan with higher thresholds for a small increase in the fee. This can be a cheaper and arguably a better way to go, because the servers aren't overcrowded, you know where your limits are, and you are paying LESS (in many cases) than with an "unlimited" carrier.

So getting back to your question, I picked my host looking for:

1. Generous space and bandwidth limits that would exceed my needs but be highly affordable (like between $3-5/mo.).

2. Affordable higher tiered plans so I could grow with the host later, if need be.

3. Great customer service that was not farmed out and highly responsive (a 30-min turnaround time, or less, on average).

4. Unlimited add-ons (within bandwidth/space allotments) to host multiple domains.

5. Unlimited POP3 and an SMTP server.

6. cPanel with all it's bells and whistles.

7. Money-back guarantee trial period.

8. 99.9% guaranteed uptime.

9. Owned their own equipment rather than reselling me host space.

10. Multiple servers for stability.

I chose 2am Network (2amnetwork.com), an up-and-coming host provider, because it not only met all of these criteria, but exceeded them, which even surprised me. They answered my questions, pre-sales and post, in 15 min or less (they answer before I'm even looking for the reply yet), and they lock in your price for life on any plan you choose, for as long as you have it. These guys are really on the ball and very friendly and helpful. They also have a Live chat line that's manned by their own crack techs (not by low-paid employees who know less than you do, whose only purpose it seems is to tell you to proceed to the trouble ticket section). I couldn't be happier with them.

Good luck in your search! I hope you find a host that exceeds your expectations too! We should all be so lucky!

http://pair.com reliability and quality of service