Exclamation dme crashed the data

Its not as a routine itseems for the dme, to crash one data after the other,
    this time my friend was the loser, he had lost over all 37gb crash and since he had around 14-15gb backup on his remote server he might be able to get something better than nothing

This time it was openv5 server that crashed it seems.

And the worst part of it is, there is no compensation declared for the data lost VPS users. May be this has to be requested

I am not sure if my friend would stick with the host for the future too.

He had outsourced from 3rd party to harden the server on hrly paid basis, so he had lost this as security as well.

Just because its an un-managed server, the host can't be so careless, even after noting the other losses which happd for them before.

reported domain via report thread
    Last edited by koolnhot; 09-21-2009 at 05:55 AM.

What surprised me about DMChosting was the lack of info around it.

I found out 6 hours later that my VPS was down, and made a ticket about it. Good thing was the fast reply that they had lost the date due to a buggy kernel, which I completely understand and offered me a VPS right away on a different server.

What got me was, why weren't I informed?. Its not like this was a minor error/fault.

Did they expect that I would just log in one days an "oh, look at that I need to rebuild and reconfigure my VPS, yay!"

My VPS is up and running again with almost all the data.
    Some data were lost since the backups was a week old.

But I don't and you shouldn't expect any compensation for the down time or loss of data. They have done nothing so far to inform or compensate any one as far as i know.
    Last edited by TmmZ; 09-21-2009 at 07:05 AM.

yes u r rite, there is no info
    they didn't even care to send a mail to the clients about their disaster, may be they were scared of the backlash at them
    since, I just saw about it few hrs back I thought first, the server might have had probs so was planning to restart and when logged into hypervm found , blank MB space , bandwidth and RAM, after that when checked got the info of the crash on openvz5

the latest info, they have denied to compensate as they feel hardware issue is not under their control for un-managed plans

Do you guys have your own backup system in place? It is always necessary to have some sort of onsite/offsite backups for your servers in order to fight against such issues. Also, it'd be worth considering to check out with your host if they actually backup their servers (or your VPS's) which can be used for disaster recovery situations.

Good luck!
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

better stay away from them, if you ready many threads about them regarding similar incident (including mine) you will see the big picture why you should avoid DMEhosting at all cost!
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz

We don't make backups of any of the budget VPS's as they are completely unmanaged. THe reason we don't send out mass emails is that there is no way for us to only send emails to only those who were effected. Instead, we have public forums that we post everything on. It isn't like we are trying to hide anything. Why would make everything public on our forums for everyone to see when they search for DMEHosting in google? I think it's pretty safe to say we are pretty open over issues we have with any service we offer.

If a client wants daily/weekly backups they can most certainly pay for it by contacting sales. But since our VPS's are dirty cheap, we never make any attempts to make backups since they understand they are unmanaged.
    www.opticip.com - Optic IP LLC

Oh no. I hope this will not happen to me. I have a VPS with them. This is really scary

All my data that hosted at their VPS has all gone too.

They even not send me an e-mail to let me know the server problem when it happen. Until I found my VPS was down for a long time and submit support ticket. I also ask them to refund my next month payment and cancel my account(just paid at last week for 09/23/2009 - 10/22/2009 hosting fee), but not reply so far.

From what location is your VPS hosted? They have 3 location - Denver, Chicago and Scranton

Quote Originally Posted by DMEHosting View Post
    THe reason we don't send out mass emails is that there is no way for us to only send emails to only those who were effected. Instead, we have public forums that we post everything on. It isn't like we are trying to hide anything. Why would make everything public on our forums for everyone to see when they search for DMEHosting in google? I think it's pretty safe to say we are pretty open over issues we have with any service we offer.
    sorry but that is not the proper way of dealing this issue. You cannot save yourself from google and let your clients rot by not even informing them. A good provider will send out an email to everyone but specifying the ip addresses affected of the issue. To be honest, you should inform your clients and not only think of your business or money.
    Last edited by sharmaine1111; 09-22-2009 at 02:17 AM.
    All things work together for the good of those who love God - Romans 8:28

Its highly ir-responsible dmehosting,

u can't just try to escape away by saying since u can't send to the particular group of clients who were affected

You could send a mass mail, vps giants such as servint, knownhost, virpus do atleast send mails to the entire clients if only one of their server has problem.

You can't expect ur clients to visit ur forums daily to know for the downtime or any other probs, its ur moral responsibility to inform the clients, you could very well give details with the server name which faced problem.
    Since, the services are dead cheap you can't just deny from giving the information that has to be given to your clients.

so, u expect to search ur forums or google to know problems from your end, this is ridiculous