Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Medialayer review almost 2 years

I am so overwhelmed by the quality of hosting provided by Medialayer, that I decided to review them after being almost 2 years on their servers. My "bread and butter" website is hosted on their server and all I experienced in these 2 years was sheer quality, stability and prompt customer support (very rarely required).

It is a saying that you get what you pay for, and it shows. Medialayer is not one of those hosts with "unlimited everything" plans for $3 a month. I am on their starter shared plan which is $9.95 a month with 500 mb of space and 10Gb bandwidth. Some may find that costly, but believe me, it is worth every cent.

Uptime: Excellent. I have never seen my website down or someone complaining about it. No downtime experienced whatsoever till now.

Speed: Rocket fast. Scripts execute rocket fast too.

Ease of use: Excellent. They provide direct admin (instead of cpanel) and never faced any problem with that either.

Customer support: Blink of an eye, round the clock. I am from the opposite part of the world (GMT +5.5) and at 11 AM my time, I get instant response to a support ticket if opened. Secondly, they go above and beyond, - I had a problem with one of my php scripts and these guys studied the script and pointed out the flaw (which might have been harmful) if not rectified.

I will be more than happy to let anyone know my website, mods please let me know how do I prove the authenticity of the review, with my website. These guys deserve a lot more than just a review.

Conclusion: The best host so far I have got. In these aspect I must tell you, I have 3 more hosting service providers, Medialayer smokes them apart. And my personal thanks to Gurpreet Virdi via this forum for running such a tight ship consistently. I believe, the success of a website business depends on the hosting heavily, so Medialayer folks - it has been my pleasure to stay with you all these time and thank you for everything.

Awesome review! Good job on medialayer for providing such excellent service.

Not a surprise at all.. pretty sure I've only ever seen glowing reviews on ML.
    mirACL: firewalls in software.

You need to confirm your review by either posting the domain hosted at MediaLayer or by reporting your post (by clicking here) and including your domain hosted there.

It's good to see a good review, they don't come as often as they should in my opinion.

The site on his WHT profile is at ML
    mirACL: firewalls in software.

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    Yes it does seem to be hosted with ML.
    Kudos to the ML team for having such a satisfied client.
    Aspiration Hosting | The Managed Cloud Server with Auto Failover
    High Availability Pure SSD DDR4 RAM CDN Bundled Triple Layer Backups

NoFrillsReseller.com | Budget Reseller Hosting + 24x7 Live Chat Support

Great to see you're happy over at ML! I'll echo what's already been said - I haven't seen any kind of negative review about their service in the past. Congratulations ML!
    Theo Robertson | vividWire | Solid IT solutions for business
    vividWire VPS - Low-latency London, UK VPS based in Telehouse North, SSD RAID10 storage & KVM virtualisation
    vividWire Shared Hosting - Performance UK hosting with cPanel, CloudLinux, CloudFlare, 99.99% SLA

Good to hear, I have always been interested in trying ML.
    Follow my antics and shenanigans on Twitter

I've always heard nothing but good things about MediaLayer! Yay for another DA host. We need more of them!
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by FS - Mike View Post
    You need to confirm your review by either posting the domain hosted at MediaLayer or by reporting your post (by clicking here) and including your domain hosted there.

It's good to see a good review, they don't come as often as they should in my opinion.
    Just submitted my domain with reference to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    Yes indeed!

i have a hosting plan with medialayer.com 19,9 usd per month for nearly 1 year,i am not in the same idea with you when it comes to support.

let me give you some examples,

1- one day,someone send me aprox. 200emails to my contact form,i told them(by email with my iphone) that i am outside the office and requested them to block this ip to access to my site.they tell me how to do it by a htaccess file,but i know nothing about these things,and even i was mobile at that moment,and i have no chance to access to my admin panel.
    they refused to do it.

2- one day ,i made some changes in my script ,and my site gave error.i tried to recover it by r1 soft backup ,but i wasnot successfull,i need help from them they tell me to do it from admin panel on my own,they refused to do it.
    they didnot even try to do it,they said that it is not their business.
    and there wasnot a proper backup file in the r1 soft because they were making some kind of revision in the backup system.

here is the email they sent to me below;

* The backups that were used to recover your index file earlier today are primarily kept in the event of total system failure -- this also means that you are responsible for keeping your own set of backups either within your account or off-server for day to day restores. However, we've, on numerous occasions suplemented your own backups (or lack thereof) with our backups when we were not required to. Furthermore, you have access to the backup system on your own to restore content as required without our intervention, which was also affected by the aforementioned issue (which is now resolved). In the future, if you need files restored - please try using the self-serve options prior to contacting support.*

and when i kindly try to tell them that they should give me this kind of support they wrote me this :

*they wrote : I just wanted to clarify a few things for you:

1. We do not appreciate your tone of voice and attitude when dealing with a company that is actively trying to help you and resolve your issue - that is completely uncalled for. If you approach us with this level of hostility in the future, we will be forced to sever our business relationship with you as we cannot accept harassment from our own customers.

as a conclusion , while i was trying to get support ,i was blamed for requesting support.

lastly ,other than this problem ,i never faced any diffuculty with them.their hosting is good.

if you are not familiar with ,changing files,connect with ftp,or make some changes from direct admin ,you may face some diffuculties with medilayer.com.

i hope they dont close my account after this review )

inci,

It is not the host's responsibility to restore your files because you deleted, accidently modified or "broke" your website. It is especially not the host's responsibility to continue restoring your site multiple times because you messed up. MediaLayer uses DirectAdmin and creating a backup of your website is super easy! Literally all you have to do is press the Create Backup button when creating, and select the date to restore if you ever need to do so. Unfortunately, it seems that your incompetency is the reason why you're having issues at MediaLayer, and is no fault of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by sgarbus View Post
    inci,

It is not the host's responsibility to restore your files because you deleted, accidently modified or "broke" your website. It is especially not the host's responsibility to continue restoring your site multiple times because you messed up. MediaLayer uses DirectAdmin and creating a backup of your website is super easy! Literally all you have to do is press the Create Backup button when creating, and select the date to restore if you ever need to do so. Unfortunately, it seems that your incompetency is the reason why you're having issues at MediaLayer, and is no fault of their own.
    i am not in the same idea with you.
    if i broke my website ,and cant restore from backup,i think the hosting company must help.
    other than this,i push the restore button but the files are not restored.i tried it.
    also there wasnot enough restoring options because the r1 system was not working properly at the moment.

so are you saying that ,in medialayer and in your hosting company Precision Effect ,these kind of support issues are not covered ?

I think it'd give a better picture of you posted the full conversation and not just their replies which by the way were written in a professional manner.

From the replies, it sounded as if you expected medialayer to be managing your account when its your responsibility as the webmaster to do so. I could be wrong if their backup system was indeed broken as you stated, then ML would be required to provide support in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Zsev View Post
    I think it'd give a better picture of you posted the full conversation and not just their replies which by the way were written in a professional manner.

From the replies, it sounded as if you expected medialayer to be managing your account when its your responsibility as the webmaster.
    i am not a webmaster,i am just a client who has a website.
    i may not know ,blocking ip from htacess file
    i may not know restoring from last backup

again i think that these issues can easily be done by hosting support.

otherwise ,managed hosting will be something like an unmanaged hosting.

am i wrong ?

by the way i asked some presales questions to some of the hosting companies ,i asked these things i faced, and they told me that,these issues can be fixed by them,if they are not lying.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast