Looking for a host for my blogs

Hi,

I'm looking for a hosting that meets the next requirements:

- located in Europe, prefferably ( i want low ping )
    - at least 200-300 MB webspace
    - at least 100 GB traffic, prefferably unlimited
    - e-mail hosting with at least 100 MB space
    - unlimited web sites hosting ( i want to host a few blogs on it )

I'm currently paying 7$ / month to GoDaddy for 100 GB space and 1500 GB traffic, but i want something around 3-4$ and with lower latency.

I want to host two blogs, one of them has around 300 visitors and 3000 pageviews per day and hits around 30 GB traffic per month, and the other will only hit 1 GB traffic per month, but i expect a little bit more visitors
    Last edited by ADHDer; 09-20-2009 at 11:02 AM.

The problem you're gonna get is with the unlimited website hosting.. Keep in mind that many hosts mistake the webspace/bandwidth as the only factor for price... In reality, you should set your budget to match your requirements in terms of resource usage that isn't just webspace/bandwidth..

While you may be able to run that currently in a shared environment, it doesn't leave you with all that much room to grow..

You might be better getting a low level reseller account or something, for example ResellerZoom have a reseller account for $5.95 gives you WHM (which is great to use) 7GB of webspace, 20 sites to host and 70GB Bandwidth.

Should be plenty, and also gives you the opportunity to expand if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by ADHDer View Post
    I want to host two blogs, one of them has around 300 visitors and 3000 pageviews per day and hits around 30 GB traffic per month, and the other will only hit 1 GB traffic per month, but i expect a little bit more visitors
    Blog generally hog lot of resources, you might soon overshoot shared hosting limit.
    █ All time best VPS Hosting is now more affordable
    █ Compare different VPS hosting Providers
    █ Ultimate place for Top VPS Hosting Comparison
    █ Reviews | Ratings | News | Articles | Forum | Offers

You want more and pay less. That is impossible or you will deal with oversellers and then regret about that

You won't likely be able finding anything that offers any higher quality than what you have now for what you're paying. You'll definitely need to raise your budget if you're looking for better quality service and the amount of resources that you'll need. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    You won't likely be able finding anything that offers any higher quality than what you have now for what you're paying. You'll definitely need to raise your budget if you're looking for better quality service and the amount of resources that you'll need. Good luck
    And in additional that would be great to change the solution from shared to the VPS at least and not because of the space needs but because of the bandwidth needs
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Quote Originally Posted by allennbb View Post
    Blog generally hog lot of resources, you might soon overshoot shared hosting limit.
    not really - depends on what the blog has, wordpress in itself barely uses anything at all but if you have a dozen or two plugins then you'd have to worry about resources. But not so much on bandwidth or space as you should worry about CPU/Ram usage.

I don't think you would find a cheaper service in EU. $7 are less than 5 Euro. If you are willing to spend 5 to 7 euros and if you drop the idea of using a service which claims to provide "unlimited" it will be much easier for you to find good EU based hosting. Of course "unlimited" still might work when it comes to data transfer and if certain restrictions apply, but as you know the concept is generally wrong.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

European services are generally going to cost more due to the supply vs demand. US prices are cheaper if not simply for the fact that there are a huge amount of providers and data centers in the US to choose from and as such competition based upon price has driven things down quite a bit.

If you want to move your service to Europe you're likely going to have to look at increasing how much you are paying.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

I use www.cprvhost.com - this hosting have a good support and haven´t got outages..

There are a number of providers in UK (which is a good idea if you're interested in English based support) with a decent or excellent reputation. Not so sure you'll find them offering 100GB for $4 though.