which panel is secure?

hi 2 all
    please tell that which of control panels are more secure? (security)
    - helm - plesk- directadmin - webmin- kloxo - cpanel
    you can sort them by security too

cPanel, they are the largest - well - they have the biggest team in terms of support and response time, may not be the most resourceful, but it certainly is a huge corporation with staff working to fix any security holes and they release them very quickly with fixes (as we've seen for years ).

I've heard of far more security exploits in cPanel over the years than I have in DirectAdmin. cPanel probably has the largest user base which makes it more vulnerable.
    Daniel | Server Complete, LLC
    Windows VPS // Dedicated Servers // Backup Services
    Wholly owned hardware and self operated network (AS19531) in Jacksonville, FL

cpanel i think has some issues but it is the leading on the market this time i think
    k-planethost
    shared hosting,reseller vps at http://k-planet.gr

I have been using cPanel exclusivley on Shared/Reseller servers for 4 years and would never use anything else. As others have said, they have an excellent support team and they also have the largest customer base.

Bear in mind that how secure your system is at the end of the day, comes to how you have set it up. The security offered with a control panel on it's own is not sufficient.

I'd go for cPanel any day, regardless of security holes etc as I know for a fact, by the time I come online in the morning (After a auto cPanel update) it would have been discovered, investigated, fixed and broadcasted across millions of cPanel servers world-wide.

So yeah, cPanel

For security and user friendly, my vote goes to cPanel.

Thanks

My vote goes to cPanel as well.
    I'm part of the Chicago Breast Cancer 3 Day!
    Because Everyone Deserves a Lifetime.

The thing is every control panel is vulnerable, no matter what. DirectAdmin, cPanel, Helm, Plesk. It doesn't really matter what panel it is - (well, for the security side of things) - it matters on the team behind it.

DirectAdmin has a much smaller corporate structure than cPanel, less staff, and cPanel is huge compared to it.

Plesk is not a popular panel for its features but it is run by Parallels, a huge company.

So in the end, what matters is the teams that make these panels. If an exploit is sent out, does it get fixed fast?

For example, when HyperVM got exploited they were notified by users of this and to come up with a fix - a fix that should have taken a few days work. 2 weeks ish later, HyperVM servers were not fixed and the patch was exposed by a party on milw0rm..and then VAServ got hacked.

If HyperVM fixed the issue in a timely manner, which was quite possible, none of VAServ's problems would have happened.

In the end, cPanel's team is mad-fast at this, because they have hundreds of developers. They fix issues in 24-48 hours before a hacker can get into thousands of servers and hack them. This makes life a lot easier.

So to conclude, cPanel is very secure because although it has a huge client base (many who try to exploit it - many who do) - they have a huge base of developers reading the code to find exploits, fixing reported exploits, and getting everything secured within a quick time period. So even though it may get exploited, it will be fixed, fast, as VPSRight said

Quote Originally Posted by Veltrap View Post
    If HyperVM fixed the issue in a timely manner, which was quite possible, none of VAServ's problems would have happened.
    What proof do you (or anyone else, for that matter) have that VAServ was hacked due to problems with HyperVM? None has ever been provided. Correlation (vulnerability disclosure) does not equal causation (VAServ getting rm'd).

In the end, cPanel's team is mad-fast at this, because they have hundreds of developers.
    No, they don't.

all the programms carries security gaps and holes and bugs.
    The issue is how fast they sort it out before hundreds of servers get compromized.
    For hypervm as you say the most large scale companies throw it away cause they see their customer vps to get compromized. I dont know if it was cause of this or a marketing trick but if you have a large amount of customers you need something secure, or else is a pain on the back.
    The only issue is that the licence per month could be less for cpanel i think .
    As long as we speak gentlemen for cpanel is it safe to update to the latest version on a large scale vps that i have i have on line now a version before or i will result errors with the update?
    k-planethost
    shared hosting,reseller vps at http://k-planet.gr

Greetings:

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
    hi 2 all
    please tell that which of control panels are more secure? (security)
    - helm - plesk- directadmin - webmin- kloxo - cpanel
    you can sort them by security too

They are all insecure out of the box just like all operating systems are insecure off the CDROM/DVD.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

All you guys really think cpanel is ? lol i think al go with plesk ^^
    SafeSrv.net - Secure Hosting, VPN and Management Services.
    WHMCS FreeRADIUS VPN Module. - Build a fully featured VPN business in no time.

I also think Cpanel is way better.
    Fully customized hosting to your specific needs, no general plans found here!
    'Read before you click I agree' - J

+another vote for the Cpanel here.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles

Im using directadmin and its very good, dont take a lot resources like cpanel.