Question looking for shared hosting in India Datacenter and jailed shell/ssh

Hi,

I'm looking for share hosting in datacenter geographically located in India, with jailed shell(ssh), so to be able to do some basic stuff, like wget, tar, cp,mv, nano.

Do you know any?

Thanks

PS: please do not propose vps or dedicated. just shared.

Nevermind - Incorrect Info

Cool

Find someone who resells DirectI.
    Even if you just use them for domain names or security certs or such--they require all customers to take what they call a super-site.
    Surely there are those who use them because you could just sign up and get the free reseller web site at no extra cost.
    The reason I suggest them is they use datacenters located as geographically close to the person buying the hosting's ISP IP as possible (so if you are in India or close by you will get their own datacenter in India)
    In the USA you could get the Planet or a couple of others but they use 6-7 all over the world so wherever you are you get put on the closest datacenter.

(or maybe just see about getting your own reseller account with them because I don't know if you could get the jailed shell otherwise and it wouldn't be expensive)
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

i din't find any yet.
    anyone knows?
    thanks

Question

Did you contact DirectI about a reseller account? That would be the cheapest/best I know in India but I'm not 100% sure on shell, their reseller wouldn't confuse you, you could just use it for your sites at the discount pricing.
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

1. i will contact directi. i hope they can give me contact details of their customers
    2. to work directly with directi, i understood that i must prepay $200.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    Find someone who resells DirectI.
    Even if you just use them for domain names or security certs or such--they require all customers to take what they call a super-site.
    Surely there are those who use them because you could just sign up and get the free reseller web site at no extra cost.
    The reason I suggest them is they use datacenters located as geographically close to the person buying the hosting's ISP IP as possible (so if you are in India or close by you will get their own datacenter in India)
    In the USA you could get the Planet or a couple of others but they use 6-7 all over the world so wherever you are you get put on the closest datacenter.

(or maybe just see about getting your own reseller account with them because I don't know if you could get the jailed shell otherwise and it wouldn't be expensive)
    Answerable.com. It's a DirectI biz.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

I dont think Directi will give you shell access so dont waste your time there...
    And directi deprecated (stopped) their India based hosting now selling only unlimited hosting packages from their last update.
    Last edited by webwerksin; 09-23-2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: more info on directi
    WEBWERKS.IN
    India Based
    Colocation, Dedicated Servers, VPS and Webhosting
    High Speed Network. High Speed Ports. ISO 9001 and 27001 Certified India Datacenter - Need an Affordable India Based Hosting Solution?

is there any cheap xen vps hosted in india? cost 15-30$?

How much memory , space , transfer and cpu are you looking for ?
    WEBWERKS.IN
    India Based
    Colocation, Dedicated Servers, VPS and Webhosting
    High Speed Network. High Speed Ports. ISO 9001 and 27001 Certified India Datacenter - Need an Affordable India Based Hosting Solution?