Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Photonvps 3 months review

As a customer for three months, i will suggest anyone who want to have VPS with them to think again. I have facing 3 times offline this month. They say they are facing DDOS attack for the first 2 times, but this time my server just become very very slow. I think they just over selling there server?
    Yes for budget under $15, this might be the best deal, but there service ...ah ...

At the moment i am facing third downtime now, and there support just disappear ! They say they will reply in 15min i think it will need to be change to 1.5HR or so!!
    Last edited by sharecloud; 09-19-2009 at 07:32 AM.

Sorry to hear your troubles. You can report/share your domain or IP hosted there to get your review validated by the moderators. It is a standard procedure here regardless the review is good or bad.

Have sent the report waiting for verify.

Quote Originally Posted by a40136 View Post
    Have sent the report waiting for verify.
    No problem I just mention in case you have not done yet.

This month has been terrible in terms of the network that we know of already. There was one client that was causing quite a lot of DDOS and havoc for our network. This user has already been removed, we thought we could work with the client since he had 5 VPS with us. Our initial stage was to ban the domain from the network , there after that did not work out. After 4 attacks from the SAME client we terminated all his VPS with us to ensure better stability within our network.

As for the slowness please open a ticket on this or let me know the ticket ID so we can investigate. I do see one of our node was rebooted but that node has been solid for months.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS

In you website, you mentioned 24/7 http, imap, pop3 monitoring. But my sites have been down for more then 40min. Also the only way i can get in touch with your support team is contact psychz.net instead of using tickets system. Psychz online support told me that there was one user who is using too much of resource which cause alll vpses on that nod down, is that mean you guys do not moniter the main nod well?

Forget to mention, my vps is on the nod FOX
    Last edited by sharecloud; 09-19-2009 at 07:46 PM.

In you website, you mentioned 24/7 http, imap, pop3 monitoring. But my sites have been down for more then 40min. Also the only way i can get in touch with your support team is contact psychz.net instead of using tickets system. Psychz online support told me that there was one user who is using too much of resource which cause alll vpses on that nod down, is that mean you guys do not moniter the main nod well?

Forget to mention, my vps is on the nod FOX
    Do you know what exactly is wrong with the server is it http imap or pop3? Just because they monitor it does not mean it cant be a different issue or that they are a proactive provider.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Psychz network told me that the server become very slow due to one of VPS using too much of reasource. Nearly all service in my vps go down which include mysql spamd and httpd. But if they do moniter the main nod well to insure all customer will have equal service, will this problem happen?

Psychz network told me that the server become very slow due to one of VPS using too much of reasource. Nearly all service in my vps go down which include mysql spamd and httpd. But if they do moniter the main nod well to insure all customer will have equal service, will this problem happen?
    If you are on openvz it can happen more often then with xen. Although im not sure why it took so long for the issue to resolve.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

A40136, There was an issue with "Fox" last night which I believe its the machine you are on. This machine had hardware issues last night but was brought to our attention. At the moment there should be no issues if there is please let us know.

Our OpenVZ brand is on enterprise hardware 10,000 RPM Raided Array, with secondary backups! Thus a dual redundancy on client's data. We value our quality and if there is something not up to par just open a ticket and request for management.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS

If it brougth to your attention will i need to wait for more then 1 hours for your adminstrater to go through the problem?

a40136,

We usually reply within 15 minutes or less on emergencies but there was a total node failure during the night shift which caused some delays on the node you were on.

If there's any issues that you need to address please open a ticket so we can ensure a better hosting experience. You can request for management when you open your ticket but the management team are not always on 24/7.

There sales also down now, i have sent the cancel ticket, but have get reply for more than 24HR.

I don't see any cancellation forms in our system in the past 24 hours. We do not process our cancellations via tickets, you'll need to fill out a form located in the client area.

CHECK Ticket ID: 998548

I see a cancellation request for "End of Billing" instead of "Immediate" which our billing guy missed. This is entirely a billing issue please contact us instead of using these forums as a means of contact. I see what happen, but as a client we have refunded all your transactions in the past. This is not our support channel and will not be used as a support channel. You have been a customer for awhile and you know very well all refunds are honored. Our billing admins do not operate under these forums please use our help desk as point of contact to avoid further problems with our strategic partnership we have with you otherwise we may revoke it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonVPS-Jim View Post
    I see a cancellation request for "End of Billing" instead of "Immediate" which our billing guy missed. This is entirely a billing issue please contact us instead of using these forums as a means of contact. I see what happen, but as a client we have refunded all your transactions in the past. This is not our support channel and will not be used as a support channel. You have been a customer for awhile and you know very well all refunds are honored. Our billing admins do not operate under these forums please use our help desk as point of contact to avoid further problems with our strategic partnership we have with you otherwise we may revoke it.
    This is very rude. PhotonVPS made an error and instead of apologising this is posted.
    Ultra High Performance UK VPS without compromise.
    HPe servers, Intel NVMe DC P3700/P4600 SSD
    https://clustered.net

I apologize if it came out rude but that was not my intention. My ultimate goal is to have clients refrain from using public forums to get their support/billing/sales tickets completed. Since the client is in different time zones there will be an experienced delayed since the client operates in the Asia business hours while we are located in the USA hours.

Hang on, your website says 24/7 support ?
    If you had 24/7 support and actually answered tickets in a timely fashion your customers wouldn't need to use wht for support.

We do not have 24/7 support on sales / billing.

However our support staff is always around 24/7 to fix any queries that may arise.

So mention on your website that sales / billing only operate during certain times.

Stops any confusion and reduces the chances of people posting here

Oh come on, are you really telling me support can't click the button to confirm cancellation ?

And it takes over 24 hours and a post on wht for this to be done ?

Quote Originally Posted by reiteration View Post
    Oh come on, are you really telling me support can't click the button to confirm cancellation ?

And it takes over 24 hours and a post on wht for this to be done ?
    Well, it does look like it

Regards and good luck to the OP!

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonVPS-Jim View Post
    I see a cancellation request for "End of Billing" instead of "Immediate" which our billing guy missed.
    This has been repeated above as previous post I hope this doesn't drag on just like the previous post where we repeated a reply multiple times in different ways but it all meant the same thing.

"I see a cancellation request for "End of Billing" instead of "Immediate" which our billing guy missed. " that was our previous quote.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalSapphire View Post
    Well, it does look like it

Regards and good luck to the OP!
    OP has already been refunded by our billing manager. The ticket was actually still in queue for cancellation since it was selected as "End of Billing" all refunds are honored.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast