Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Fastest Host for Cheapest Price

Hi,

I'm looking for a fastest web hosting, which isn't expensive. My budget is about 35$ per year.

Actually i'm looking for the hosing, which will cost about 35$.

My requirements are:
    1) Must be fast
    2) Multiple domains, at least 5 domains per account

Could you recommend me a good website hosting, which is fast?
      0 Not allowed!

Do you need MySQL accounts? Do you need the server to be in a specific location (e.g. South coast of the US?)
    The Simple Host Ltd - Premium Quality European Web Hosting - Uptime Stats
    Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    15-Day Money Back Guarantee, Nightly Backups, Installatron, Softaculous, RVSiteBuilder PRO, Instant Setup - All as standard!
    Call (+44) 0845 300 9066 for more information.
      0 Not allowed!

There are lots of companies that would fit your needs. Check out the Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Offers : Shared Hosting Offers section of the forum for a long list. Good luck with your search.
    No Support Linux Hosting Bargain cPanel Hosting Experts Only
    We IGNORE the support questions, and pass the SAVINGS on to YOU!
    We also ignore questions about VPS Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NoSupportLinuxHostin View Post
    There are lots of companies that would fit your needs. Check out the Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Offers : Shared Hosting Offers section of the forum for a long list. Good luck with your search.
    Many of these companies are not real, they will dissapear after 3-9 months.

I'm looking for trusted companies, for companies, which people have used
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mardo View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for a fastest web hosting, which isn't expensive. My budget is about 35$ per year.

Actually i'm looking for the hosing, which will cost about 35$.

My requirements are:
    1) Must be fast
    2) Multiple domains, at least 5 domains per account

Could you recommend me a good website hosting, which is fast?
    Check out the offers section am sure theirs plenty in their to take your pick from,

Many of these companies are not real, they will dissapear after 3-9 months.

I'm looking for trusted companies, for companies, which people have used
    What do you mean by that ?

Regards
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.
      0 Not allowed!

What do you define as "fast" and what do you define as "cheap"?

Depending on where you are one host may be exceptionally fast while another is substantially slower just based upon location - where are you wanting your hosting provider located?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.
      0 Not allowed!

Host Gator is awesome! You should check them out as they're not pricey at all.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    What do you define as "fast" and what do you define as "cheap"?

Depending on where you are one host may be exceptionally fast while another is substantially slower just based upon location - where are you wanting your hosting provider located?
    Hosting provider should be located in USA.

As i already said my budget is about 35$ per year.

What do you mean by that ?
    I have a bad experience with these small companies, hosting just stopped working, it deleted all data.
      0 Not allowed!

I have a bad experience with these small companies, hosting just stopped working, it deleted all data.
    Everyone has to start somewhere, who were the companies in question ?

Regards
      0 Not allowed!

As i already said my budget is about 35$ per year.
    I saw - but I didn't ask what your budget was, I asked what you considered cheap It helps to have an idea of what you consider to be cheap and what you consider to be expensive when making suggestions.

That happens - unfortunately due to the nature of the hosting industry and how misinformed/uninformed most newcomers are to the industry. They think that they will throw a site online and be rolling in money within a month or two without having to put in any real work. They set their pricing ridiculously low in an attempt to capture part of the market and then they find out that the pricing they've set up simply isn't sustainable.

The easiest thing for these providers to do is to simply disappear and many do every day.

I know that we originally started out with a plan that was $2.50/month and after a few months we realized that it simply wasn't going to be possible to maintain a profit margin and high performance so we raised our pricing for new clients only.

I would search for a reputable/established provider that has at least a couple of years in the industry that has a solid pool of reviews (even some bad, you can't please everybody) and then see if you can find any special promotions to get the pricing down.

Generally if $35/year is their *base* pricing without any sort of promotions it's going to be a loss-leader at an established company, a tremendously small account (which is rarer and rarer these days), a provider that packs way too many accounts onto a server to turn a profit at those rates, or a new provider that hasn't yet realized that hosting isn't for them or that they simply need to raise their pricing.

Unfortunately I can't think of any providers with a solid history in the industry that have pricing at or below $35/year but if you look for some promotional codes you may get lucky. Good luck, sorry for the lecture
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
      0 Not allowed!

Hosting provider should be located in USA.
    Sorry to hear Mardo. How much disk space and bandwidth do you require? As others have suggested be sure to check the offers section. Try to stay away from "unlimited" hosts or anything that sounds too good to be true. If you find a host you like but they don't hit your budget, try contacting their sales and see if they can custom quote you a plan.
      0 Not allowed!

I saw - but I didn't ask what your budget was, I asked what you considered cheap It helps to have an idea of what you consider to be cheap and what you consider to be expensive when making suggestions.

That happens - unfortunately due to the nature of the hosting industry and how misinformed/uninformed most newcomers are to the industry. They think that they will throw a site online and be rolling in money within a month or two without having to put in any real work. They set their pricing ridiculously low in an attempt to capture part of the market and then they find out that the pricing they've set up simply isn't sustainable.

The easiest thing for these providers to do is to simply disappear and many do every day.

I know that we originally started out with a plan that was $2.50/month and after a few months we realized that it simply wasn't going to be possible to maintain a profit margin and high performance so we raised our pricing for new clients only.

I would search for a reputable/established provider that has at least a couple of years in the industry that has a solid pool of reviews (even some bad, you can't please everybody) and then see if you can find any special promotions to get the pricing down.

Generally if $35/year is their *base* pricing without any sort of promotions it's going to be a loss-leader at an established company, a tremendously small account (which is rarer and rarer these days), a provider that packs way too many accounts onto a server to turn a profit at those rates, or a new provider that hasn't yet realized that hosting isn't for them or that they simply need to raise their pricing.

Unfortunately I can't think of any providers with a solid history in the industry that have pricing at or below $35/year but if you look for some promotional codes you may get lucky. Good luck, sorry for the lecture
    Lecture was great, you're right!

I will try to find the fastest hosting for my websites
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GCM View Post
    Sorry to hear Mardo. How much disk space and bandwidth do you require? As others have suggested be sure to check the offers section. Try to stay away from "unlimited" hosts or anything that sounds too good to be true. If you find a host you like but they don't hit your budget, try contacting their sales and see if they can custom quote you a plan.
    Disk space should be 1-2GB, but Bandwith about 70-100GB per month. Also i will host multiple websites on one hosting account, that's why i need hosting, which is fast and accept at least 5 or 6 addon domains.
      0 Not allowed!

Lecture was great, you're right!

I will try to find the fastest hosting for my websites
    The two best pieces of advice I can give you are:

1. Always maintain your own off-provider full backups including files and databases and anything else that is important to you even if your provider claims to do this for you already.
    2. Never spend more up front than you can stand to lose - if you don't want to lose $35 if they close up shop the next day, don't spend $35 up front for example.

Doing research on any potential provider such as searching for reviews here on WHT will help you weed out the fly-by-night hosts for the most part.
      0 Not allowed!

The two best pieces of advice I can give you are:

1. Always maintain your own off-provider full backups including files and databases and anything else that is important to you even if your provider claims to do this for you already.
    2. Never spend more up front than you can stand to lose - if you don't want to lose $35 if they close up shop the next day, don't spend $35 up front for example.

Doing research on any potential provider such as searching for reviews here on WHT will help you weed out the fly-by-night hosts for the most part.
    Could you recommend me a few hosting providers, which are fast (They have fast servers)?
      0 Not allowed!

Disk space should be 1-2GB, but Bandwith about 70-100GB per month. Also i will host multiple websites on one hosting account, that's why i need hosting, which is fast and accept at least 5 or 6 addon domains.
    Honestly, I don't think you'll be able to find that much bandwidth for around $3/mo.
      0 Not allowed!

Theirs plenty, many of the smaller hosts have the bigger hosts has their backbone

Your expecting way to much for to less, hence you have had a bad experience i would say, good quality comes at a price.

Sure theirs probley some hosts on here who run pentium 4 servers and can charge that much, but when you have dual quad core xeons with raid 10 arrays etc, you need to charge a good price to maintain a profit per box, unfortunately when a host has cheap prices or are offering the world for pennys, thats maybe a sign of overselling so they can get at least a profit per box.

Regards
    Last edited by Server Management; 06-04-2010 at 04:37 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Good luck for squaring the circle. As has been pointed out, your parameters are too basic to hint you in a particular direction but if you insist on your budget threshold you will most probably have to go with a promotion or otherwise be prepared to get burned.
      0 Not allowed!

Along the lines of what Mike said, if you are looking at very cheap prices, you are looking at companies that are making little or no profit on it, so it wouldn't be surprising that some might go belly up. That's not to say that you absolutely can't find what you are looking for, you are just in a riskier segment of the market. There are plenty of bigger and smaller smaller companies that have been around a while, with good, if not dirt cheap, prices. If you raise your budget, just a bit, you will be looking at a more stable pool of companies.
    Tula Networking
    Quality Affordable Shared web hosting, Dedicated servers and Domain names since 2001
    Parallels Pro Control Panel
    24/7 Support | Personal Service
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tulaweb View Post
    Along the lines of what Mike said, if you are looking at very cheap prices, you are looking at companies that are making little or no profit on it, so it wouldn't be surprising that some might go belly up. That's not to say that you absolutely can't find what you are looking for, you are just in a riskier segment of the market. There are plenty of bigger and smaller smaller companies that have been around a while, with good, if not dirt cheap, prices. If you raise your budget, just a bit, you will be looking at a more stable pool of companies.
    Which hosting companies do you recommend?
      0 Not allowed!

As the saying go's you pay peanuts and u,ll get monkeys
      0 Not allowed!

Could you recommend me a few hosting providers, which are fast (They have fast servers)?
    I can't say I've run across any providers that have "slow" servers. Some have higher powered servers with more customers and others have lower powered servers with less customers.

Ultimately what you pay is really going to have more of an effect on how fast things are for you because that governs how many accounts they need to place on a server to turn a profit.
      0 Not allowed!

I can't say I've run across any providers that have "slow" servers. Some have higher powered servers with more customers and others have lower powered servers with less customers.
    Which one are you then mike
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SLDHosting View Post
    Which one are you then mike
    It really doesn't matter as long as the provider is managing their servers properly.

Just because you may be on a Dual Quad Core 2.4ghz instead of a Single Quad Core 2.4ghz does not mean your site will be faster or any more stable as it's all in the details of how the server is managed from how many accounts are placed on the server to how resource intensive those accounts are and how sensitive the provider is to resource usage.
      0 Not allowed!

Think of web hosting like gasoline / petrol / fuel / whatever people call it anymore.

The cheaper you pay, the lower grade you get. The higher you pay, the higher quality grade you get. Don't expect 93's grade for 87's price.
    Nothing here right now.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast