UK Dedicated Servers

Can anyone else suggest hosts other then UK2.net / RapidSwitch.com as I can't seem to work out proper pricing with either host. I prefer the location to be in London but I guess I can do without being in london.

PS. Network is my #1 concern.

Thanks!

I would suggest poundhost.com they offer similar value & service to the two mentioned.

I'm presuming your looking for unmanaged servers ?
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Quote Originally Posted by DATARTIM View Post
    I would suggest poundhost.com they offer similar value & service to the two mentioned.

I'm presuming your looking for unmanaged servers ?
    Yes, unmanaged. I do have a few requirements such as I need windows / and prefer they stock higher end machines such as quads and dual quads.

Edit: poundhost was the only other host I contacted in the UK and it was regarding co-location and I phoned them up and it seems like they didn't even want to talk about pricing and pretty much said listed pricing is all we do.
    Last edited by XFactorServers; 09-18-2009 at 11:08 AM.

Try www.ovh.co.uk
    They are cheap and impressive

Regards,
    Alons
    Softaculous - Auto Installer for cPanel, Direct Admin, InterWorx, Plesk, H-Sphere
    The only Auto Installer that installs 260+ scripts. Install in just ONE STEP!
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 60+ OS Templates
    Webuzo - Softaculous for the Cloud i.e. Softaculous Standalone

Okay so your more concerned with decent hardware & network than price?

There are quite a few 'higher end' hosts that can do the sort of kit you might be looking for.

Best to give their sales an email with an example spec and get a quote.

Also OVH = France iirc.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Okay so your more concerned with decent hardware & network than price?

There are quite a few 'higher end' hosts that can do the sort of kit you might be looking for.

Best to give their sales an email with an example spec and get a quote.
    Yea, network & hardware is a big thing , but I refuse to pay $200 USD for a Q8200 + 4GB and the best rapidswitch could do was 10% off and I would need to have 10 machines by the end of the year which is fine with me but hell I'm not going to overpay for mid range hardware and commit to 10 machines for 10 bucks off and that seemed very silly considering I was really happy with rapid switch in regards to response times on email as well as network.

Quote Originally Posted by XFactorServers View Post
    Yea, network & hardware is a big thing , but I refuse to pay $200 USD for a Q8200 + 4GB and the best rapidswitch could do was 10% off and I would need to have 10 machines by the end of the year which is fine with me but hell I'm not going to overpay for mid range hardware and commit to 10 machines for 10 bucks off and that seemed very silly considering I was really happy with rapid switch in regards to response times on email as well as network.
    That's surprising.

The easiest ways to reduce the pricing in the UK is either pre-payment or contract terms.

Or ordering bulk.

Try and get a list together of UK hosts that suit and email their sales dept with a set spec and see if you can get a short list of 3 or so and compare network, location, pricing, support etc.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

That's surprising.

The easiest ways to reduce the pricing in the UK is either pre-payment or contract terms.

Or ordering bulk.

Try and get a list together of UK hosts that suit and email their sales dept with a set spec and see if you can get a short list of 3 or so and compare network, location, pricing, support etc.
    I am fine with contracts and I rather do contracts but not for silly pricing cuts like 5-10%. I guess I will give poundhost a call to see if I maybe can get ahold of someone higher up.

Yea, network & hardware is a big thing , but I refuse to pay $200 USD for a Q8200 + 4GB
    If you want to cut your monthly costs, your best bet would be to purchase the hardware yourself and to co-locate.

At the end of the day companies exist to make money. The companies that make money can re-invest that money into new hardware, improving the network and in better customer service.
    Darren Lingham - UK Webhosting Ltd. - (0800) 024 2931
    Tsohost.co.uk - Quality UK Windows and Linux hosting since 2003
    UK WordPress Hosting - Fast, easy, cloud based WordPress Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by dazmanultra View Post
    If you want to cut your monthly costs, your best bet would be to purchase the hardware yourself and to co-locate.

At the end of the day companies exist to make money. The companies that make money can re-invest that money into new hardware, improving the network and in better customer service.
    Yes, we own pretty much all our hardware in the united states, but I prefer to not deal with an overseas company as shipping costs are expensive and just the distance is not something I want to deal with at the moment hence why I am looking for a dedicated server provider and if they also offer co-location that is a big plus like rapidswitch / poundhost.

try ukservers.com

nice support
    www.hostinginside.com
    Taiwan Dedicated Server
    Taiwan, US, UK & Germany XEN Based VPS with RAID 10

i would recomend wisehosting.co.uk its got some fab support and got a really good deal better thorugh sales with Brian was better then what rus was offering in the UK

Speak to Craig over at Kualo, he has solid network over there.

Maybe www.rapidswitch.com could be worth talking with?

Quote Originally Posted by zubbab View Post
    Maybe www.rapidswitch.com could be worth talking with?
    I'm guessing you didn't even read this thread at all. lol

Certainly give PH a buzz.

I'm sure if your willing to commit to a 1 year contract (or more) you can get some very competitive quotes from several UK providers.

Care to post an example spec / budget ?
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

I'm guessing you didn't even read this thread at all. lol
    Ahh! So sorry.. was a bit fast reading it i guess

Quote Originally Posted by zubbab View Post
    Ahh! So sorry.. was a bit fast reading it i guess
    No problem