Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who has used Windows 7?

Hi,
    Who has used MS Windows 7?How about it?

Me.

It is better than Vista. Really impressed with the performance.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

I've got it installed on both my desktop and laptop computers. Very very impressed by the performance and stability of it. There are very minor bugs, but I'm sure these will be ironed out very quickly and they don't pose any major concern at all.
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

Windows 7 might be good choice for the gamers as its graphic performance better.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

I've tested Windows 7 its nice but i wont be switching from XP anytime soon.

I use windows 7. I have used windows 7 since it was beta and now i am planning on buying a retail copy as soon as it is out.

im considering it i use vista at the min but want to wait for software complatability with Sony Vegas etc

Quote Originally Posted by inspiron View Post
    Windows 7 might be good choice for the gamers as its graphic performance better.
    How so? I found windows 7 to be less of a resource hog then vista but gaming wise have been the same.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina__Gage View Post
    Hi,
    Who has used MS Windows 7?How about it?
    No, I haven't used 'windows 7' but I have used even advanced version of windows which is a combination of 'windows 8' and 'windows 9' codenamed by Micro$oft as 'windows 98'

i used windows 7 but i sure i will back to vista again

It's [finally] a decent upgrade to XP, and World's beyond Vista. I would highly recommend checking it out and considering an upgrade if you're still using the almost 8 year old Windows XP. All of my XP applications run just fine on Windows 7, and I haven't experienced any random crashing or instability yet.

I would be curious to know why people aren't sticking with it if they've already tried it.

Alex

Just upgraded from Vista Business to Windows 7 Enterprise a few days ago.

In my experience about the same performance, maybe just a bit better. Some sexier user interface here and there.

A fresh install would probably help with increasing performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveForce View Post
    I've tested Windows 7 its nice but i wont be switching from XP anytime soon.
    I have been using XP since its debut. I am very hesitant to clean install Win7. Is there any particular reason why you do not plan on switching? I love XP but a change after 8+ years would be nice

Its way better than Vista and I'd argue its better than XP.. I was still on XP because of my disgust for Vista, now testing Windows 7 and it was an easy transition and it is faster than Vista, and to me, faster than XP even with the hogging services/themes turned off. I'm impressed and that is saying a lot.
    EffortlessHR - Online HR Software for small business. Employee Management, Self-Service Portal, Time Tracking, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by suley786 View Post
    im considering it i use vista at the min but want to wait for software complatability with Sony Vegas etc
    I've got Sony Vegas Platinum 9 running on Windows 7 and there's been no problems with it at all
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

I'm using Windows 7 x64, and I like it.
    A word to the wise, the x64 edition is not compatible with most wireless cards, while x86 is.
    Victor Lugo
    Systems Administrator

i use it. lot better than vista, less bugs, more performance

I have windows 7 U its ok IF You go on TASK MANAGER its still useing the same amount of MEM as vista.Over 1 gig right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioguru View Post
    I have windows 7 U its ok IF You go on TASK MANAGER its still useing the same amount of MEM as vista.Over 1 gig right now.
    mine used around 250mb what are you running on the system?
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

I've got Windows 7 RC running on 3 PC's here and find it to be a load better than Vista.
    Neil Wood | UK Web.Solutions Direct
    Premium UK Web Hosting Mailfoundry SPAM Protection R1Soft Backups Established 2001
    http://ukwebsolutionsdirect.co.uk

i use 7 x64 Final (Ultimate) on my main machine (German Language + Chinese addon) - i use it since Beta 1 (68XX) and upgraded everytime - works like on the first day, very nice and clean system.

I used it

it's better than win vista

i think it's the best windows ever ms had made

I've installed Windows 7 on both laptop and desktop. I love it. It's much better than Vista. I hate Vista btw.

I have had Windows 7 Full Version installed on my Lenova laptop for 24 hours now.

• I like it fine.
    • Used Windows XP previously and had enough trouble with Vista to give up on upgrading to it.
    • Was waiting to skip ahead to Windows 7 and glad I did
    • Will probably buy my wife's next laptop only when it comes standard with Windows 7
    • Have installed a few applications and had no compatibility issues at all
    • Webcam and microphone was fully compatible, when I thought there may be driver issues
    • Very nice interface and not hard to find applications I was used to in XP
    • Repairing a dropped wireless signal was dumbed down a bit too much, but easy to repair for n00bs (if you like easy)
    • Haven't tried gaming on it yet, but I'm sure I'll be looking for something soon.
    - Donovan K
    Want to monitor and manage your customers Windows systems by Client software, web portal, or mobile phone?
    Automated scripts, patching, and remote access too? Ask me how!

I actually like Windows 7 although I don't think I will start using it until 2010/2011 when more software & drivers are available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast