Looking for Colocation recommendation in South Bay Area

Hello folks,

I am looking for recommendations for colocation facility, preferrably in San Jose/Santa Clara/Sunnyvale/Mountain View area. I currently have a half cabinet with 1.5Mbps sustained bw in San Diego since 2000, just want to move to Bay Area due to office relocation.

Thanks in advance for your time.

BNB

Layer42 is in Santa Clara. They are recommended sometimes here. I contacted them once before, but ended up with another vendor (in Seattle area, not in Bay area)

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn View Post
    Layer42 is in Santa Clara. They are recommended sometimes here. I contacted them once before, but ended up with another vendor (in Seattle area, not in Bay area)
    Thanks gate2vn, do you mind me asking why you picked Seattle?? (cost, location..??)

Hi BitsNibbleBytes,
    Where did you colo here in San Diego?

Abe, I have co-located with American Internet Service

Ah, we host there as well, sorry to see you leave.

1. They are in the US west coast and have NTT in the mix at the time I am looking for.

2. The facility is great. It's APC show case datacenter in the west coast, and I have fully redundant setup here. It might not be an important factor with some other, but we host for some VoIP, financial organizations, so uptime is important.

The datacenter has 3 cable rings to the Westin and Integra POP in Bothell, so even 2 connections from the Westin down recently (due to power issue from the Westin), our system is still online with Integra Telecom (see attached file for their network map)

UPS, generators are working immediately if the main power has trouble. The cooling is great too, they don't limit at 20A or 30A per cab. That allows us to use full cabinets without any issue.

3. Personal support. I contacted some vendors at that time, and I feel better with my current vendor. Up to now, after 2 years, my experience is still very positive, and we are still working closely.

If you don't need a local host, I would highly recommend you my colo vendor - Netriver Inc. Contact Adam Vierra over there, and let him know I send you there, he will prepare a good deal for you.

If you need to know any other thing about their facility, services, feel free to let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by BitsNibbleBytes View Post
    Thanks gate2vn, do you mind me asking why you picked Seattle?? (cost, location..??)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails netriver-facilities.png  

Hi, Bits.

There are many choices for you - I believe there are probably over 30 different providers in the geography you desire. From a pricing perspective, NTT have just deployed two new sites, and they are looking to make deals. If you don't need high-level redundancy, SVColo is an good economical choice, as are Layer42. We also represent sublease space with PeakWebHosting, and they can offer very economically. Send me an email for a quote.
    Everett Thompson, CEO - "Largest list of data centers on the planet." Strategy, Design, Brokerage, Finance
    US Data Center List
    International Data Center List