Red face Which Starter Reseller Hosting (Package / Company) For TIGHT Budget?

I need a web host that can offer a cheap deal but still deliver the goods (sound familiar?)

Here are my low requirements:
    » Disk Space: 2 GB
    » Bandwidth: 20 GB
    » 100 Domains
    » Budget: USD $4 or less per month

Anyone know of some company that can deliver reliable hosting for my requirements? I really would appreciate some recommendations. I have been through the "Reseller Hosting Offers" section and there are plenty of plans that meet and exceed my requirements but I am not sure of the reputation of some of those companies.
    Thanks for hosting me

That's a pretty small reseller account but I think the $4 budget is suitable. You may want to make a shortlist of providers that you are interested in and contact them individually for a plan that offers exactly that and see how much they'll quote you. You won't find too many resellers offering a plan that small so a custom quote would probably have to be made for you.

Thanks for the tip. Yes my usage is rather light.
    Thanks for hosting me

Quote Originally Posted by JasMate View Post
    I have been through the "Reseller Hosting Offers" section and there are plenty of plans that meet and exceed my requirements but I am not sure of the reputation of some of those companies.
    Who have you short listed?

If you post your list I am sure people will give you some useful insites..
    Ore Stone Radio
    Playing the best unsigned new music 24 hours a day
    Musicians - Visit our forums to submit your music for airplay

www.orestoneradio.com an Ore Stone Music Ltd. Company

I need a web host that can offer a cheap deal but still deliver the goods (sound familiar?)

Here are my low requirements:
    » Disk Space: 2 GB
    » Bandwidth: 20 GB
    » 100 Domains
    » Budget: USD $4 or less per month

Anyone know of some company that can deliver reliable hosting for my requirements? I really would appreciate some recommendations. I have been through the "Reseller Hosting Offers" section and there are plenty of plans that meet and exceed my requirements but I am not sure of the reputation of some of those companies.
    Your disk space and bandwidth requirements are suited for $4/mo budget, but if you find anyone anywhere advertising significantly more resources for that price, you should be cautious. Many hosts are willing to do custom plans as well, so make sure to contact any you're interested in, even if they're out of your budget, to see if they will create a custom plan to accommodate your needs.

I would suggest increasing your budget, if you can't afford it, go back to the drawing table and figure out how you can. You'll save yourself from future troubles.

Thats a good statable budget for a reseller like that, Good luck on your find. You should try contacting some hosts and ask for a custom plan if anything you might be able to get that spec plan for a lower price.

...you can check out Magmahost --> http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=889605

I don't know many resellers that can offer that without crowing their servers. Providers must be able to cover the expenses of their server(s).

Quote Originally Posted by wlsiew View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. According to this: http://www.hostaz.com/company/magmahost.htm I could use the $1 per month plan as my reseller account considering there are unlimited domains and WHM, or am I missing something??? (something i forgot to mention I don't actually resell hosting but rather host many domains of my own). In addition they seem to have been around for 2 years and the reviews here http://www.web-hosting-top.com/web-h...st.com-reviews (bottom of page) look good. Does anyone know why they would not be a good host to go with? And would the $1 plan work as a reseller account?
    Thanks for hosting me

I have been with MagmaHost before, with two shared accounts in the $1 per month plan. Haven't experienced any problems with them at all (except that they need to update some of the scripts in Fantastico, but that might have been a hiccup). Their speed and uptime are highly commendable.

Anyway, based on your hosting needs (and if you're willing to run add-on domains off your main account instead of getting individual cPanel accounts), go ahead and try them out.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ShiSia View Post
    I have been with MagmaHost before, with two shared accounts in the $1 per month plan. Haven't experienced any problems with them at all (except that they need to update some of the scripts in Fantastico, but that might have been a hiccup). Their speed and uptime are highly commendable.

Anyway, based on your hosting needs (and if you're willing to run add-on domains off your main account instead of getting individual cPanel accounts), go ahead and try them out.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the info. What are the drawbacks of having the domains running from the main account? I have never done it before, currently I have a reseller account but don't think I need it. Am I still able to have total control of each domain, including database set up etc. And what happens with the dns, and also in regards to disk space usage / bandwidth (currently I use a package that I have created for each domain).
    Thanks for hosting me

Thanks for the info. What are the drawbacks of having the domains running from the main account? I have never done it before, currently I have a reseller account but don't think I need it. Am I still able to have total control of each domain, including database set up etc. And what happens with the dns, and also in regards to disk space usage / bandwidth (currently I use a package that I have created for each domain).
    Main draw back is you won't have control panels for each domain. And disk space usage/bandwidth of each domain is added to your main shared account.

Smile

You will have to set up the same nameservers (as with the main domain) for all your add-on domains.

Add-ons run off individual subdomains to your main account, hence they all consume part of your main account's disk space and traffic. If you have a high-capacity account, this may not pose a problem.

Most scripts will probably run fine for your add-on domains, however, they will also share the database (for instance, MySQL) quotas for your main account.

If you're the only person operating your websites, you'll most likely be okay.