Hybrid View

merchant accounts - Who do you use if you are from Canada?

I am wondering what merchant accounts my fellow Canadians are using? I am looking to start up a Hosting company and i really don't feel like paying 45 dollars a month when i am not bring in any cash.

My plan is to have both an .com and a .ca so i would be charging in both American and Canadian dollars

Who do you use and why?

I have made payments for DirectAdmin by using Internet Secure. Haven't got any trouble.

You can use paypals website payment pro which will allow you to use whmcs and accept direct credit card.

We use 2Checkout but frankly they aren't that good so we are looking at other options.
    Currently thinking of using Verapay Merchant Account with the PSIGate gateway

is anyone using beanstream.com ?

Try to contact http://www.merchant-accounts.ca/ to get information about their services. I know they are very popular in Canada.
    X-Cart - PHP shopping cart used by tens thousands online merchants worldwide.
    Follow us on Facebook

Why is it that all the Canadian sites want to charge you a monthly fee on top of processing and the us sites just charge a small fee and a %

Quote Originally Posted by SeanK View Post
    Why is it that all the Canadian sites want to charge you a monthly fee on top of processing and the us sites just charge a small fee and a %
    If that is regular practice then it is sad for sure... I even do not know what to answer here
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by SeanK View Post
    Actually, if we take MerchantAccounts.ca company, I believe they charge some monthly fee (for both merchant account and payment gateway service), while a different alternative is to sum up different rates - minimum monthly fee, statement fee, etc what makes the total not that low as it seems from the first point of view.

So just prior to making a decision it is worth considering all the rules/policies thoroughly.
    Follow us on Facebook

i also am looking for a cdn cc processor that will handle my 'auction' business. i think its considered high-risk.

Try Moneris.