Exclamation Account suspension question

Hey all,
    I have a question regarding account suspension. Lets say I have a monthly subscription with some hosting site. Then lets say I miss a payment and I get an overdue invoice notice saying that if I do not pay in 3 days my account will be suspended. Once it gets suspended in this manner, will I still have to pay a monthly invoice if it's suspended? So lets say I ignored it for 3 months, and it was suspended 3 days into the second month, and my monthly fee is $10. At the end of the 3 months will I owe $10 or $30. Again, the account was suspended for 2 months out of the 3.

I appreciate the help, thank you!

| | | |**The Top Web Hosts**

Cheap Hosts Quality Hosts Coupons Save $$$

This would be dependent on your host and your agreement with them. Read their TOS or contact your host.

I agree, check the agreement you have signed up, while your account did get suspended you could be obligated if you don't cancel.

I wouldn't count on your host not to delete the acct after xxdays of suspension etc. Contact them and ask. If your plan is to leave the site/acct dormant for months at a time, then re-open it... I don't think that would work, as hosts are not storage facilities for your files until you decide to use them again

A $30 fee seems fair to me. Your account still took up space on their server, even if it was suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonaward View Post
    This would be dependent on your host and your agreement with them. Read their TOS or contact your host.
    I agree you will have to check the TOS. After a week your account may be canceled and sent to collections (I dont know for $10 though). There are many ways they could handle the situation so you would really need to consult the TOS for a definitive answer.
    Stephanie Ostheimer
    Director of Account Management
    SingleHop Dedicated Servers

As other have said, check the TOS. Though 3 months without deletion (unless prior agreed) might be a long time to most host, I would think...
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira

Reading the TOS and AUP would be a great start, contacting them directly and asking them to explain their policy would also be a good one.

For the most part unless you had signed up and agreed to a term (3 mos, 6 mos, a year, etc) I would expect that after they tried reaching you in regards to your abandoned account that they would just wipe the data and write it off to bad debit.

Quote Originally Posted by startsphere View Post
    Hey all,
    I have a question regarding account suspension. Lets say I have a monthly subscription with some hosting site. Then lets say I miss a payment and I get an overdue invoice notice saying that if I do not pay in 3 days my account will be suspended. Once it gets suspended in this manner, will I still have to pay a monthly invoice if it's suspended? So lets say I ignored it for 3 months, and it was suspended 3 days into the second month, and my monthly fee is $10. At the end of the 3 months will I owe $10 or $30. Again, the account was suspended for 2 months out of the 3.

I appreciate the help, thank you!
    So are you planning to not pay your bill? Or are you already in the situation where you haven't paid your bill? Or is this just a hypothetical question for no reason? Just curious about why you are asking such a bizarre question?

As others said,check their TOS and find out the answer.
    And I also do not know why you ask this question.If you do not satisfied with this host,just get your back up and moved to another.If you still want to run your site on this host company,why you leave the payment for a long time?You are running a site which does not means anything to you?
    HostEase Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.