Downtownhost support

So I sent them a ticket telling them that there are accounts that aren't receiving their emails. I even created at test email account so they can see that the account actually doesn't receive emails.

They don't reply.

Then they make status of ticket: closed

I tried speaking them live when they have the "Live support online" on their site, but I guess they know it's me because whenever I try to talk to them, they suddenly close it, and it's offline again.
      0 Not allowed!

How long has it been since you've submitted the ticket?

This seems odd as DTH holds quite a solid reputation and has a number of positive reviews that I've seen.
      0 Not allowed!

We did not close your ticket without any answer, you opened 4 tickets about the same issue, we close the 2 duplicated and that's what I personally answered to your last ticket, keep updating the ticket that you already have instead of keep opening new tickets about the same issue.
    Last edited by Jedito; 09-17-2009 at 10:57 AM.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    We did not close your ticket without any answer, you opened 3 tickets about the same issue, we close the 2 duplicated and that's what I personally answered to your last ticket, keep updating the ticket that you already have instead of keep opening new tickets about the same issue.

i see, so i only get reply to my ticket after giving feedback here.

i did not send 3 tickets about same issue.

breakdown:

Ticket #XZA-953504 - random email error at kingstarglobal.com, ticket status: no reply, and it was closed.

Ticket #RJO-206742: - rolinpanel.com isn't receiving email. You guys closed the ticket with no reply.

And what did I do? Seeing that the ticket was closed, I created a new ticket to inquire again about rolinpanel.com, which is Ticket #AJC-978488.

How is that multiple tickets of same problem? I don't know.

And this is the email I get for ticket #AJC-978488:

Do not keep opening tickets about the same issue or those are going to be close, you are opening multiple tickets about the same issue, you had another previously opened, update that and do not open new.

Instead of telling me what is being done about the issue, I am told to open the previous ticket again -- the previous ticket that was ironically closed by you guys without replying.

Anyway, please look into the two _totally separate_ email issue and not just close the ticket with no replies. And tell me what is the status, my clients are angry, email is important to them.

Thank you very much.
      0 Not allowed!

i see, so i only get reply to my ticket after giving feedback here.
    No, that's incorrect and you know it.
    You had 3 tickets already about the same issue ADR-329158, HTO-856090, XZA-953504, and then you opened a new one which was close without an answer because you already have 3 tickets about the same thing.
    We don't have any ticket RJO-206742, tickets XZA-953504 and ADR-329158 were about the same issue.
    The issues reported are email related in the 4 tickets and you entered information of other tickets in different, mixing the contents of different tickets. Is impossible to follow a issue like that.
    Last edited by Jedito; 09-17-2009 at 11:43 AM.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!

@Jedito - how are they same issue? because of same ticket title?

breakdown:

ADR-329158 - Random error from kingstarglobal.com email when sending email. no reply.
    HTO-856090 - I don't have this. Show me content of HTO-856090.
    XZA-953504 - About emails not arriving for lextonmarketing.com.
    RJO-206742 - rolinpanel.com is not receiving emails.
    AJC-978488 - In response to RJO-206742 being closed, I sent a new ticket about rolinpanel.com not receiving emails.

I tried accessing RJO-206742 now and it says:

Fatal error: ERROR: You do not have access to this Ticket. in /home/downtown/public_html/helpdesk/modules/tickets/client_tickets.php on line 172

Anyway, I sent a reply through XZA-953504, did you guys receive it? Again, rolinpanel.com is not receiving emails. I made test email account and is written at XZA-953504.
      0 Not allowed!

Is odd, because ticket HTO-856090 was the first that you opened about kingstarglobal.com on which you reported that emails are working fine and then ended with an error 500 in another site caused by the incorrect contents on the .htaccess
      0 Not allowed!

Ok just to let people know, rolinpanel.com can receive email now, issue is fixed.

thank you.
      0 Not allowed!

i think i remember that HTO-856090, yes kingstarglobal.com had problem receiving email too.

see they are different accounts and problems.

anyway, rolinpanel.com is ok now. thank you.
      0 Not allowed!

see they are different accounts and problems.
    Not trying to interject into this, but what the common thing to do is to open one ticket with something like:

I'm having trouble sending/receiving emails on the following domains:
    abc.com
    abcd.com
    abcde.com
    etc.
    This is the eror I am seeing: (list error)

You wouldn't open different/multiple tickets for the exact same problem. You simply open a ticket for "the problem" and list the domains/accounts that are having this problem. This is just common courtesy and much easier to follow one ticket than multiple.
      0 Not allowed!

The problem was like this

ticket #1, problem on domaina.com, issue has been fixed, problem with .htaccess, problem fixed.
    ticket #2 problem with domainb.com bumped 4 times before allow us time to answer, and then another ticket was opened
    ticket #3 problem with ticketb.com, mixing problem of ticket 1 and 2. ticket was closed by us. (already ticket 2 were open)
    ticket #4 was close due the duplicity of contents with other tickets already open.
      0 Not allowed!

Their monthly hosing cost in very high. Only rich person can host there. And lot of problem, I signup with 99% off coupon, Once when i decide to transfer to Hostgator he didn't give me the EPP code because i used 99%off coupon. then i paid my full fee to get EPP,. very Worst support. Stay away
      0 Not allowed!

Their monthly hosing cost in very high. Only rich person can host there
    Well, high prices are in the eye of the beholder. If your business plan cannot afford to pay for quality hosting, then you need a new business plan. Every host having a solid reputation like Downtown Host sets their prices to the minimum they can offer for the quality of service they provide. Not one "reliable/reputable" host as I say doesn't work this way. If price is your main concern when choosing hosting, that’s your prerogative, but don't blame the host because you cannot afford them. Downtown host along with many others are downright cheap for what they provide in my opinion.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tcstatic View Post
    Well, high prices are in the eye of the beholder. If your business plan cannot afford to pay for quality hosting, then you need a new business plan. Every host having a solid reputation like Downtown Host sets their prices to the minimum they can offer for the quality of service they provide. Not one "reliable/reputable" host as I say doesn't work this way. If price is your main concern when choosing hosting, that’s your prerogative, but don't blame the host because you cannot afford them. Downtown host along with many others are downright cheap for what they provide in my opinion.

Hello, I already transfer to hostgator.com monthly plan. hostgator.com is 1000 times better than worst downtownhost.com. their support very worst than other hosting.

Hostgator offers $7.95/mo with unlimited, 99.9% uptime very fast support.

But downtownhost.com $15.95/mo with limited usage. <snipped>
    Last edited by ldcdc; 09-18-2009 at 09:58 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by atenood View Post
    Their monthly hosing cost in very high. Only rich person can host there. And lot of problem, I signup with 99% off coupon, Once when i decide to transfer to Hostgator he didn't give me the EPP code because i used 99%off coupon. then i paid my full fee to get EPP,. very Worst support. Stay away
    I know exactly who you are, you run a tgp site, right? And what you did was to use the coupon with a 99% off for the domain registration where explicity is advertised that this coupon code can be used for hosting ONLY. You tried to cheat us, and you did it wrong. At the few days of move to another host you came to our forum to insult us because we suspended your domain, when the problem was that your host suspended your site.
    The only problem that you faced with us was that on the second day hosting, we received a DMCA letter because you carbon copied another site. We did not received a single ticket from you stating any problem either.
    Last edited by Jedito; 09-18-2009 at 09:28 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    The problem was like this

ticket #1, problem on domaina.com, issue has been fixed, problem with .htaccess, problem fixed.
    ticket #2 problem with domainb.com bumped 4 times before allow us time to answer, and then another ticket was opened
    ticket #3 problem with ticketb.com, mixing problem of ticket 1 and 2. ticket was closed by us. (already ticket 2 were open)
    ticket #4 was close due the duplicity of contents with other tickets already open.

ticket #1, yes it was fixed. do you mean i should use this ticket always for all my future problems?

ticket #2, yes i had to bump this because my clients needed email asap. no new ticket was opened here. i already stated the ticket number where i opened a new ticket because it was closed with no reply.

ticket #3, mixing problem? it is another account, do you guys really look at the content of the ticket?

anyway...problem is back with my client's email...rolinpanel.com, etc...i reopened the last closed ticket so you guys won't go "oh he opened another ticket with same problem"...

...how about if you guys fix the problem once and for all? sorry, but this isn't the first time i informed you guys about this problem...months ago i have also been telling you this problem with olive.com.ph...i just stopped telling because my client said they'll be using another email instead.

anyway, please look at the reopened ticket please? thank you.
      0 Not allowed!

ok to let everyone know, they replied to my reopened ticket, and it _seems_ email is ok again...for now...hopefully this is now permanent, because my client olive.com.ph has been telling me about the problem of not able to receive/send email occurring one day, then fine the next day, then problems again the next.
      0 Not allowed!

ticket #3, mixing problem? it is another account, do you guys really look at the content of the ticket?
    Yes, issues related to the ticket #1 and #2.
    The ticket that you re-opened was answered 4 minutes after that you did it.
    So, you're going to open/reopen a ticket and then update this thread?
      0 Not allowed!

Nomadph, this isn't downtown hosts support forum. Deal with your issue through there support desk. As this thread is very silly and should have never been created in the first place.
      0 Not allowed!

ok it seems it's taking quite a bit of time for the mods to change the topic title...

...mods if you're reading this, please delete this topic, or change it to something like: "downtownhost is ok, problem solved, not much problem in 3 years"

thanks.

to everyone: i guess this was a misunderstanding. i've hosted with them for 3 years. thank you.
      0 Not allowed!

rofl....I've took a screenshot of this because in all my time I've never seen a bad thread about DTH....and now it turns out, even this one's been a mistake.....Damn

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.
      0 Not allowed!

ok it seems it's taking quite a bit of time for the mods to change the topic title...
    Title changed to a neutral version.

please delete this topic
    We do not remove posts or accounts on request. I will close this thread though, as the matter has been solved.
      0 Not allowed!