Dedicated server for around $60 a month?

I am looking a a dedi server for around $60 bucks a month to use for hosting a game/voip/2 websites. Can anyone recommend something that mite work?

limestonenetworks possibly or burst.net

Quote Originally Posted by dancrosoft View Post
    I am looking a a dedi server for around $60 bucks a month to use for hosting a game/voip/2 websites. Can anyone recommend something that mite work?
    You could get a pretty powerful server at www.burst.net (nocster.com).
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting

Another vote in the hat for Burst.Net Also throwing in http://www.cpctechnology.com/

CoreNetworks.net might have something you'd like.

I would also have to agree, Nocster would be a good choice for your budget and I believe they are still doing the "one month free" promotion.

I think there are some Atom Processors in that price range.
    Serverlogix.com - ★★ Managed VPS / Budget Servers / Colocation ★★
    Facilities : Atlanta, Buffalo and Las Vegas
    Web : http://www.serverlogix.comContact Us

Theplanet seems to be working in this measures. I have seen a lot of good feedbacks about them here

I've just ordered a server with 2AM Networks and I'm loving it so far. The setup was fast and the prices are good. It's only been around 12 hours since I've ordered so I can only vouch for their quick setup and prices but there doesn't seem to be a negative review on WHT.

I'd also look at Joe's Datacenter - I've had no issues there, either.

Has anyone used www webcs com? I saw them in the advert section. They got decent prices on an un-metered server..

I also recommend www.burst.net.

Try dediwebhost.com we have a few servers with them....
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

Quote Originally Posted by verdictjosh View Post
    Try dediwebhost.com we have a few servers with them....
    This company does not have any prices on their site?

Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

Options:

honelive.com
    bursnet.net
    corenetworks.net
    wholesaleinternet.net

Quote Originally Posted by DMEHosting View Post
    You could get a pretty powerful server at www.burst.net (nocster.com).

don't recommend burst.net for game hosting. their networks are unstable and ping times /network time outs are high.

Let's see....

HoneLive
    Interserver.net
    WholeSale Internet
    Joe's DC

All of them fit your budget.
    #---.#---###### | Host Mist LLC - Helping People Say Hello World™
    #---.#---#--#--# || Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller, VPS, Dedicated
    ####---#--#--# }| Featuring multiple locations across the US & Germany.
    #---#---#--#--# #| Connecting the world through web hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by tearbleu View Post
    don't recommend burst.net for game hosting. their networks are unstable and ping times /network time outs are high.
    That may be in the past, but doubtful on our upgraded/replaced network (...since mid-Nov 2008), unless it was specific to a certain port/switch. Our network has been pretty snappy since then, and is getting even faster lately as we have been doing 10G upgrades, and adding alot of direct peering relationships.

Well let me ask this. This may be crossing 2 forums but I have a post in both. I have access to my own hardware - something way better than I can get for 60 bucks a month... regardless I dont have a place to put it.

I have seen a P4 2.0 with 1GB Ram and 10Mbit connection go for 60 bucks....

Is there anyone who will offer a 1U space and the connection and I give them 60 bucks a month or less?

Its seems insane that I can get a dedi cheaper than providing my own hardware. I dont see the logic in the dedi being cheaper...

You will be able to find 1u colo cheaper than $60. The difference will be dedi 10 Mb/s port - you won't be able to use it 100% without paying for overages (or you'll get bad quality network on oversold infrastructure). With colo you will get 1, 2, 3, and more Mb/s on a 10 or 100 Mb/s port but you'll know in advance what will be allocated for your plan. Sometimes dedi providers will tell you 500 GB on 10 Mb/s - it is roughly 2 Mb/s or less. Do you see the difference?
    Professional Streaming services - http://www.tulix.com - info at tulix.com
    Double optimized - AS36820) network, best for live streaming/VoIP/gaming
    The best quality network - AS7219

Ahh ok - i kinda see what your talking about... So for my purpose I have calculated that I will need atleast a 5 to 7 Mbit line with atleast 4TB a month transfer...

Server will be an IBM x336...

Ahh ok - i kinda see what your talking about... So for my purpose I have calculated that I will need atleast a 5 to 7 Mbit line with atleast 4TB a month transfer...

Server will be an IBM x336...
    1 Mb/s is about 324GB - so it would be 1.5TB - 2.5 TB (I think) range
    If you have a server - you may want to go with colo - I think colo is more suited for more serious installations, kind of one step above dedicated (which is above VPS, which is above shared ...)
    Professional Streaming services - http://www.tulix.com - info at tulix.com
    Double optimized - AS36820) network, best for live streaming/VoIP/gaming
    The best quality network - AS7219

Smile webcs.com

Has anyone used www webcs com? I saw them in the advert section. They got decent prices on an un-metered server..
    Actually yes. Two servers. Nice people, I'm not treated like a robot. I noticed that special, pretty sweet.

Hmm. I think in the end I am just going to go colo... No reason to get a dedi if I already have a server and a slew of spare parts!

Thanks for all the help...

Now my quest begins to find a good colo..

Good idea Dan. Actually one of my webcs servers is a colo. I don't think they advertise it, but they do offer it. Give em a chat, or whichever company. But note: The thing colo is often just as expensive as leasing! So make note that the savings may not be that great, esp in such that leasing from most providers if something breaks they have to replace it with their money. thanks

I know of Atom Processors from OVH.CO.UK for less than $20/month
    http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/rps_offers.xml
    Softaculous - Auto Installer for cPanel, Direct Admin, InterWorx, Plesk, H-Sphere
    The only Auto Installer that installs 260+ scripts. Install in just ONE STEP!
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 60+ OS Templates
    Webuzo - Softaculous for the Cloud i.e. Softaculous Standalone

Quote Originally Posted by shadow444 View Post
    Good idea Dan. Actually one of my webcs servers is a colo. I don't think they advertise it, but they do offer it. Give em a chat, or whichever company. But note: The thing colo is often just as expensive as leasing! So make note that the savings may not be that great, esp in such that leasing from most providers if something breaks they have to replace it with their money. thanks
    Hmmm. See thats the wierd thing I was trying to figure out. I have gotten several explanations but none that made sense so far. Sometimes its cheaper to lease rather than colo... But when I colo I take responsibility for my own hardware... So umm that should = cheaper. I guess thats what I get when I (a techie) try to understand the business end.