Need help finding a VPS

Specs I need:
    512 MB RAM
    20GB Space
    400GB/Unmetered Bandwidth

I need a host that can allow me to run my IPB forums, as well as run a few other things, such as cPanel, a bot for IRC (running on mIRC, so probably a windows VPS, however I know a way to run mIRC on Linux), TeamSpeak/Ventrilo and a shoutCAST.

I don't have a set budget. I just need a host which provides a good service, managed VPS and will allow me to host the things I want. The bot for IRC isn't huge, I'm not running an IRC server, it's just a bot with a few commands.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hey -Karl-,
    It's usually best to specify your preference for UK, US, or other. I think you would be best to check out the VPS offers section to see if any of the daily offers and specials their meet your needs. then compare some reviews of the company's you wish to pursue and make sure you get in touch with someone from those companies you select to make sure you get a person to chat with about your requirements. Best of luck.
    - Donovan K
    Want to monitor and manage your customers Windows systems by Client software, web portal, or mobile phone?
    Automated scripts, patching, and remote access too? Ask me how!

Quote Originally Posted by dspkable View Post
    Hey -Karl-,
    It's usually best to specify your preference for UK, US, or other. I think you would be best to check out the VPS offers section to see if any of the daily offers and specials their meet your needs. then compare some reviews of the company's you wish to pursue and make sure you get in touch with someone from those companies you select to make sure you get a person to chat with about your requirements. Best of luck.
    I check the forum quite often to look for hosts, but it's hard to find ones which will allow me to host what I need to host.

As for location, it's not really a priority, most of my viewers are from the US, so probably there.

It's the IRC which most suppliers back away from, that's being the hardest part of finding a VPS host.
    Last edited by Douglas; 09-16-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Just a wee bit of cleanup

IRC isn't bad as long as it isn't misused or if it attracts malicious activities. If you attract ddos attacks and such then you will always get dropped.
    - Donovan K
    Want to monitor and manage your customers Windows systems by Client software, web portal, or mobile phone?
    Automated scripts, patching, and remote access too? Ask me how!

Quote Originally Posted by dspkable View Post
    IRC isn't bad as long as it isn't misused or if it attracts malicious activities. If you attract ddos attacks and such then you will always get dropped.
    I know, it also makes it extremely hard to find a host who will allow me to host bot, which is why I posted the topic rather than searching through the endless pages in the offers section.

In The Netherlands most providers do allow IRC if it does not attract ddosses ( you will get suspended/removed for that ). Managed hosting does cost quite a bit more than in the US though.
    YISP - High Bandwidth dedicated servers and colocation in YISP-AS(Amsterdam)!

I'd rather have it in the US as most of my visitors are from there.

Have you checked Solvarps? I think they have IRC Linux VPS Plans. They have both windows and linux VPSs.

Quote Originally Posted by johnch View Post
    Have you checked Solvarps? I think they have IRC Linux VPS Plans. They have both windows and linux VPSs.
    Yes, I've checked them out before.

So did you give SolarVPS a try?

Like others have said everything you've asked for (application wise) is normal and there's no need to "search" for it, with the exception of IRC. So you are basically looking for a host that allows IRC clients and bots (which most do not despite the fact that you think this is not a big deal).

Doing a quick search on the offers section for PROXY (some hosts that allow proxies allow IRC) and IRC ALLOWED brought up a number of hosts that allow at least some types of IRC. Did you search the offers forum?

I've been using Ramhost for a short while now and they have been rock solid with good support. They allow IRC clients and bots but not IRCD servers. The only item they do not meet is that they are unmanaged.

Then only managed provider that I've used that allows IRC (that I'm aware of at least) is Nerios (not sure if it allows every type and from what I understand only on their Steadfast network). They were also rock solid and support was good during my time with them.

I believe Slicehost allows IRC as long as you don't do anything naughty with it.