Thumbs up RackUnlimited.com - Webhosting Starter Package $15/year 5GB Space/50GB BW

RackUnlimited.com is proud to announce its RH-Starter package geared toward websites with lower space and bandwidth requirements. Each RH-Starter package comes with 5GB space and 50GB bandwidth for only $15/year. Start your website today!

Current Discounts
    Use 50off for a 50% discount on your first invoice
    Use 10off for a recurring 10% discount through the life of your plan

Webhosting Offers

RH-Starter - $15/year
    5 GB Space
    50 GB premium bandwidth
    10 Add-on Domains
    Unlimited MySQL Databases
    Unlimited E-mail Accounts
    Unlimited FTP Accounts
    ORDER NOW

RH-1 - $5/month
    20 GB Space
    2 TB premium bandwidth
    20 Add-on Domains
    Unlimited FTP Accounts
    ORDER NOW

RH-2 - $10/month
    50 GB Space
    2 TB premium bandwidth
    50 Add-on Domains
    Unlimited FTP Accounts
    ORDER NOW

RH-3 - $15/month
    75 GB Space
    2 TB premium bandwidth
    Unlimited Add-on Domains
    Unlimited FTP Accounts
    ORDER NOW

All plans come with the following:

Easy-to-use Cpanel webhosting control panel
    PHP 5, Ruby on Rails, GD, Perl, CGI script support
    Cron jobs
    Shell Access
    Frontpage Extensions
    Custom Error Pages
    Installatron Script Installer
    Instant setup after payment
    30 Day Month Back Guarantee

Server information - Check our uptime and PHP Info

Greetings!
    My host (Erupt) stopped functioning (with no warning) about a week ago so I'm looking for a replacement. The RH-Starter looks appropriate for me since I don't need much space or bandwidth, however I'm a bit concerned about the lack of reviews on Rack Unlimited. Do you know of any you could link to (I've seen other ads on here link to them)? My Google searches weren't very successful.
    On your Web Hosting page it says there is a "99.9% uptime guarantee" but on your home page there is an image from host-tracker that says 99.86% and on the Client Login->Server Status page it says the server uptime is only 13 days. I was hoping you could give me a better idea of how often the servers go down and how long they are down for, etcetera? I'm not entirely sure how the percentages are calculated so I'd prefer a more realistic point of view. After a week of not having my domain I realize I can't really have too much downtime without it affecting me. People are apparently quite anxious for me to upload stuff! Heh.
    Oh also based on another post it seems as though your discounts don't work for the RH-Starter? It's cheap enough anyway but I think perhaps you should mention that to eliminate confusion. If I hadn't of been poking around so much I wouldn't have known.
    Thanks for your time!
    Take care,

Danielle

There unfortunately aren't many reviews, at least from my searches too. Hoping to get some out there, but I can't really force the users to make them. I guess not having negative reviews is better than having some though.

The percent is the cumulative uptime, over the 123 or so days it has been monitored. You can click that banner to view the current month uptime as well as various other meters. The server uptime isn't a great indicator of overall uptime, it just shows when it was last rebooted. The only reboots come along when there are updates to warrant a reboot to make sure the system is stable. In the case the server is rebooted, it is only down 2 minutes. This is also very rare, as it has been up over 200 days before that reboot.

Yes, the discounts don't apply to the RH-Starter because it is already priced at $1.25/month. I will clear that up in future posts.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here or open a ticket on the site.

Bribe them with add-on domains to get them to write reviews! Hehe. (But not reviews here because that would be a violation of the rules. )
    But seriously, the add-on domains were the only thing that seemed a bit low to me. I currently only have 3 domains (and 2 are on hiatus, especially now that I've lost my files and databases) but I'm worried in the future I may need more if I'm hosting my friends or get the urge to make silly websites like I occasionally do. I'm sure it will be fine for a while yet though.
    A Firefox addon was apparently preventing me from seeing the info when I clicked on the uptime banner thing. Sorry about that. Also, I thought the "downtime" may be due to a reboot but wanted to make sure.
    I pretty much just wanted to see how good of a response you would give me, and I approve. I'll probably sign up after I eat my soup.
    Thanks!

Edit: I forgot my friend was on Erupt as well so I'll either be hosting him or get him to sign up with you too. (I'm surprised he hasn't called me in the middle of the night freaking out about his site being down yet. Hah.)
    Last edited by elleinad; 09-17-2009 at 03:10 PM.

Ok, great. Let me know if I can assist you any further.