MTA - Mail Transfer Agent

Does anyone know of a good MTA that can delivery emails quickly but efficently. The MTA must have the option for per domain throttling and be integratable with SPF, SenderID, and Domain Keys. I have looked into Hurricane MTA - It says it can send over 1,000,000 emails per hour. I understand that the server can play a role in this and bounces, and mx lookups. However, I am looking for a email solution that can process alot of emails. 1,000,000 emails per hour would be very nice, but must have domain throttling. I would perfer linux or windows.

Domain Throttling: amount of emails sent to that domain per hour, and or per connection.

Server Specs:

Quad Core Xeon 5520
    8 x 2.26GHz + hyper-threading CPU
    2 x 250GB HDD
    12GB RAM
    1 GigE (1000Mbit) port
    10TB BW

Thanks for any and all post.

Bangkok Thailand
    maybe try posfix
    Mail server - Thailand web hosting provider & Mail server solutions provider
    VPS - Virtual private servers in thailand by Virtuozzo Containner

IceWarp Mail Server can do that.

But I would recommend using faster harddrives.

I just talked to icewarp sales, their mta doesnt offer per domain level throttling.

Any other recommendations for a mta?

Also, the hard drives are at 12k rpm

Maybe you could check ? Haven't used them myself but it looks pretty good on the paper

Take a look at - the ISP version specifically. It offers the features you require and more. Further, it comes in both MS and Linux versions.

Most enterprise class MTAs have the ability to handle 1 Million plus connections an hour - but not nessecarily 1 Million emails - as it would all depend on the actual message sizes (i.e. bandwidth + disk i/o).

Realistically, to handle the level of traffic you are looking at (and assuming that it is genuine email messages of varying sizes and not spam) you should really be looking at a small cluster of SMTP servers. Again the Axigen product handles such an environment.