Thread: MDD Hosting

MDD Hosting

I was warned this might go away, so I'm going to preface this by saying, Michael, or anyone else with MDD, did NOT ask me to leave a message. I do not work for and am not benefitting from MDD's gains. I am a customer who uses MDD and have for a year and a half now.

I run a medium-large size forum using MDD as a host. I have, until today, run this forum from the middle shared plan that MDD offers. My forum, with 10k + users and almost 300k posts was running off of a shared server. I must say, it was running very well. Performance was very snappy and responsive.

After my years time, I inquired about upgrading to a semi-dedicated service. I was assured that it wasn't needed. Performance was good, so I bought that. At the time, I was pushing between 45-50 gigs of bandwidth a month.

A couple of months ago there was a large DDoS attack that brought the shared server I was on to a crawl. Inquiring again about semi-dedicated hosting. Assured no need and went on my marry way.

This DDoS attack was about the only notable downtime worth mentioning. I think my site was completely down for about 6 hours. It was come and go for a little longer before the downtime. The staff at MDD was very professional in handling the situation and provided a very positive turnaround. I forget the numbers, but I do know they were somewhat astronomical in the amount of bogus traffic generated.

Today, I switched to the semi-dedicated plan. There was a special going on that I just simply could not refuse. I was impressed at the time it took to make the switch. I think from the initial inquiry and probably 70 or 80 emails and payment it was done in a matter of a couple of hours.

The guys at MDD have something going with the services they provide. I'm extremely satisfied with the quality of Customer Service (ticket response and email response is less than 5 minutes in all of my cases). I couldn't say enough good things about them. I must admit, I probably don't tell others as much as it's deserved, but they really do have something going on with their business. I do hope they continue to offer the high degree of service. I am confident, if they do this, they will continue to be able to expand their business the way that they have.

I've been with MDD for about a year and a half now. Just this morning, I have happily commited myself to another 2 years of their outstanding customer service.

Call it biased, or not, I don't care. This is my thoughts and story about MDD. I am a customer of MDD's and have been for the said time above and will be for some time to come.

Sorry for the 3 chapter novel too.

Always good to hear of good service from a provider. Keep us updated in case they change.
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira

Glad to see you are happy with your current host. Hope you go well with them in the future.

Awesome review! Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed testimonial in regards to the company. I hope your relationship with the company continues in a positive way. Thanks again for sharing your experience. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Glad to see yet another great review for MDDHosting. Any host that can keep a client happy for over a year is doing something right. Good job!
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee U.S.A Based & Operated
    Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

-Flyer- Great review; can you let us all know the site you are running and if you do not like to make it public use the report button on the right hand top to inform a moderator of your site so they can check if your site is indeed hosted by Michael (no doubt about it; but that's how things go here at WHT )

Are you kidding me? I took the time out of my day to contribute to the forum and you're going to question if I'm even a customer of his.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you to take that post, roll it up nice and tight, and cram it where the sun doesn't shine.

Anyone else who would like to know the site can feel free to PM me and put forth some sort of effort rather than calling me out on a public forum to tell me that I'm quite possibly full of your recycled posts.

My PM box:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/privat...newpm&u=203680

Quote Originally Posted by -Flyer- View Post
    Are you kidding me? I took the time out of my day to contribute to the forum and you're going to question if I'm even a customer of his.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you to take that post, roll it up nice and tight, and cram it where the sun doesn't shine.

Anyone else who would like to know the site can feel free to PM me and put forth some sort of effort rather than calling me out on a public forum to tell me that I'm quite possibly full of your recycled posts.

My PM box:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/privat...newpm&u=203680
    Is this really necessary ? blowing off like this ? this is common practice here at WHT; not that i doubt your review; it just gives you and your post the credibility it deserves.

No idea what i have done to you to get you all hostile, but whatever it was; i apologize for it.

I'm not sure what to say. I guess I should have expected the validity of my post to be questioned. Not something I'm accustomed to. My apologies for whatever it may be worth.

Let;s get back to the topic on hand. This isn't here to start a pissing match.

Still waiting on that PM.

No need to get defensive -Flyer- It's fairly common practice to verify reviews here on WHT so that they can be trusted instead of wondering if they are legitimate or fake

You can just submit the domain at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=6393528 privately if you want or you can post your domain publicly (which ever way you prefer). But I can vouch that you are and have been a customer for well over a year
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Reported.

I can understand the reason, I'm guessing illegitimate reviews are a pretty big problem around here?

At any rate, let's get back on topic. I guess it has no credibility until the magic man behind the curtain verifies.

Reported.
    Ok

I can understand the reason, I'm guessing illegitimate reviews are a pretty big problem around here?
    Not much of a problem here on WHT because the community makes sure to verify reviews but it is a *huge* problem just about everywhere else. Google a search for "Web Hosting Reviews" and look at the first 30 results and you will quickly see the problem

At any rate, let's get back on topic. I guess it has no credibility until the magic man behind the curtain verifies.
    You have credibility as far as I'm concerned until it's proven otherwise and being that I know you are and have been a customer you don't have anything to worry about
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.

Reported.
    And verified thanks

Yes sir.

Mike's a great guy. Good to hear that you are satisfied with your service at MDD.

Great to hear the review! From the reviews I have read, Mike is doing a great job! Kudos to MDD, I plan on testing a site with them soon.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Great review, thanks! Keep up the great work, Mike!
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

yupps.....great review.

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Mike is a good guy, and know his stuff. I am always happy to hear positive reviews of companies that have a presence on WHT. Fantastic review BTW, and I wish you the best of luck with your forums! I to was only at 10K members a few years ago, and now we are up to about 50,000K. Be prepared for the rise in users is about the only world of advice I give fellow forum admins.
    I'm part of the Chicago Breast Cancer 3 Day!
    Because Everyone Deserves a Lifetime.

Good advice. Thanks.

I saw a pretty significant rise around the election time (potentially slightly political in content). We went from 300 something new users a month to 700 new users a month. Now that the political shock has worn off and the elimination of the politics section, Growth has slowed, but not to what it was before.

probably 70 or 80 emails
    Now that's a lot of emails. Nice to hear they're patient enough.

Thanks for sharing your detailed review. And it has a great value as you are a long term customer. Keep us updated again. Also congrats to MDD; keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Now that's a lot of emails. Nice to hear they're patient enough.
    There was a lot to discuss

There may not have been that many emails, but it sure seems like it.

Which brings up another point. I've never had an email that wasn't answered in less than 5 minutes. There was a case, this most recent one where I inquired about upgrading, that was 'escalated' to Michael's personal email. Even still, very responsive emails at all hours of the night.

He's got to be a true techy. I bet there's Mountain Dew running threw his vanes.