Cubichost.org dedic order saga

I've never written any reviews before but now the time has come I guess.

Okay, on 7 September 2009 I ordered few more dedicated servers from different hosting providers as I were expanding my network.

I wanted to give a chance to hosting companies I never worked before as well. Cubichost was one of the companies I'd selected.

I contacted Cameron (the owner) via AIM and figuered out the custom setup was neccesary as they did not offer double HDD with standard packages.

Okay I registered with their web site, paid the invoice and opened support tickets regarding second HDD and custom disk partitioning.

Next day 8 Sept I received the notification they are changing the spec as they did not have necessary hardware in place.

By the 9 Sept I received welcome emails from all other hosting providers. That was why I was busy with installations and configurations during weekend.

I updated the ticket with Cubichost at least once a day asking for news about my server. Cameron constantly answered the server was going to be delivered within few hours.

Today is 15 Sept but still I have not received welcome email from Cubichost and they stopped updating the ticket.

I guess all of you who are going to order a server from them think twice before doing this.

PS: Taken from their web site: "We promise to leave you 100% satisfied." Totally ridiculous.

That is sad.

Did they tell you of the server setup delay?

If they do not reply, then tell them you will do charge back....
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

We do apologize about this one. Our datacenter contact was out of town on an emergency that weekend, and for some reason took a couple days to come around to setting this one up.

We offered free upgrade to 1 GB RAM / 120 GB HDD in return for the wait but of course time is time and your decision to cancel was 100% justified.

We provided a full refund via paypal, and in the future we have a few servers already setup waiting to be plugged in and logged into. This should make for speedy setups

Also in the near future, a few months down the line, we plan on getting a FULL RACK in the datacenter. With a 32 port KVM over IP switch, Remote reboot ports on every server, as well as virtual media support, this will make the process 100% remote making for < 12 hour setups possible. Cant wait for this to happen!