Arrow 10tb.com DREAM prices

Have you seen the dedicated server and cloud server prices at 10tb.com? They are offering 50% off.

Dual Intel Quad Core 'Nehalem'
    Xeon 5520, 8 x 2.26GHz + HT
    2 x 250GB hdd
    12GB DDR3 ram
    1 GigE (1000Mbit) port
    10TB bandwidth

WAS $359/month
    NOW $179.50/first month

It's a shame its only for the 1st Month though. I wish these 'dream' prices stayed forever. I wish there was 50% off for unmetered bandwidth too, but it's not. I hoped 10tb.com would have unmetered bandwidth for their cloud servers, but they don't.

If it was stuck at that price, I'd gobble up two of them That is truely a dream though. Quite a bit of power packed into that. Maybe in a few years these will be cheap.
    Nothing here right now.

what would you use 2 servers for?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt - HostMist View Post
    If it was stuck at that price, I'd gobble up two of them That is truely a dream though. Quite a bit of power packed into that. Maybe in a few years these will be cheap.

If they stayed at that price, I would move all my servers over to 10TB. Don't they use SoftLayer?
    I'm part of the Chicago Breast Cancer 3 Day!
    Because Everyone Deserves a Lifetime.

lmao, i asked same questions about this, the answer from their support is "no way"

i would immediately purchase that if it was permanently $180.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan14 View Post
    It's a shame its only for the 1st Month though. I wish these 'dream' prices stayed forever.
    Typical introductory price, they did get you all excited, too bad you now feel bad

As rule they are price for the first year. If you need to have that forever you will need to communicate with the provider and try to find the best conditions for the both sides

Gigenet has good prices on I7 also

Quote Originally Posted by BudWay View Post
    you mean $199 plan? all we talked about is under $100

Quote Originally Posted by underduck View Post
    you mean $199 plan? all we talked about is under $100
    Check the thread the price are little lower $200 on first month than goes up.(on10tb)

I was responding to the thread line.

Quote Originally Posted by BudWay View Post
    But they don't have 10 TB of bandwidth included.

This would be a nice server upgrade for me, if the 50% off price was perm. I would probably switch.

CPU and 2GB of ram is starting to hold me back on one of my servers.
    SpeedSmart.net - The ultimate HTML5 internet speed test & App

Have you seen the dedicated server and cloud server prices at 10tb.com? They are offering 50% off.

Dual Intel Quad Core 'Nehalem'
    Xeon 5520, 8 x 2.26GHz + HT
    2 x 250GB hdd
    12GB DDR3 ram
    1 GigE (1000Mbit) port
    10TB bandwidth

WAS $359/month
    NOW $179.50/first month

It's a shame its only for the 1st Month though. I wish these 'dream' prices stayed forever. I wish there was 50% off for unmetered bandwidth too, but it's not. I hoped 10tb.com would have unmetered bandwidth for their cloud servers, but they don't.
    Considering a competitive market and all, how do you expect them to keep the price low? How do they make a profit? Are there many hosts who can match those specs?
    Best,
    Captain Marvel
    Host/Executive Producer, The Paracast, www.theparacast.com
    I do not represent the hosting industry!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Considering a competitive market and all, how do you expect them to keep the price low? How do they make a profit? Are there many hosts who can match those specs?
    The fact that we are talking about this at all is a pure marketing genius, just take notes and learn

what would you use 2 servers for?
    erm....possibly to expand a hosting business a little perhaps.

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
    The fact that we are talking about this at all is a pure marketing genius, just take notes and learn

same here, listning and learning

How do you know they CAN'T make a profit with their current prices?

They do offer extra things too that you purchase seperately like server management etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post

How do you know they CAN'T make a profit with their current prices?

They do offer extra things too that you purchase seperately like server management etc.
    yup as the cost of bw for 10tb is about $50, so they still have nice profit at this price. they can also earn lots of moeny under small profits but quick turnover statagy

It's a shame its only for the 1st Month though. I wish these 'dream' prices stayed forever.
    Check again in one or two years, when this hardware is much cheaper to buy for the host. At this point, that hardware from a quality server vendor cost you anywhere between $3500 to $4000 if that is a dual CPU setup.

So if that pricing would have been permanent, it would take ~ 23 months to only get the money back from the server, costs on the server (bandwidth, power, colocation, staff, insurance) would push that to ~ 30 months. Cost of capital would push it even beyond that mark.

Even at its original price its a steal.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by underduck View Post
    yup as the cost of bw for 10tb is about $50, so they still have nice profit at this price. they can also earn lots of moeny under small profits but quick turnover statagy
    Guys, I won't go into this whole discussion. Just wanted to highlight that these servers are on the Softlayer infrastructure, and even at our usage you would have a hard time getting 10tb for $50...
    10tb is ~50mbit on 95th, so you are putting price at $1/mb?

Have you seen what bandwidth Softlayer is using: http://www.softlayer.com/facilities_network_n1.html ?

$1 per mbit?

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

Quote Originally Posted by eming View Post
    10tb is ~50mbit on 95th, so you are putting price at $1/mb?
    Thats not exactly true, it is also not correct to compare this with 95% percentile offers. Usually providers also count inbound traffic into the total usage. 10TB / month is ~ 30 mbit sustained counting both incomming and outgoing traffic.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftnoc View Post
    Thats not exactly true, it is also not correct to compare this with 95% percentile offers. Usually providers also count inbound traffic into the total usage. 10TB / month is ~ 30 mbit sustained counting both incomming and outgoing traffic.
    yes at fully utilized average usage 10tb is about 30 mbit, but I've never seen that in a real life scenario.

In any case, we pay more than that to Softlayer, I guess that is what I am trying to say

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net