How to restore a whole server from R1Soft?

Hello,

I'm thinking about using R1Soft backup but is it possible to restore a full cPanel server from it in case the hard drive crashed?

Thanks.

Yes. This is one of the primary benefits of using R1Soft over say a simple rsync backup.

In R1Soft it's called a bare metal restore and can be done via their boot liveCD, RestoreCD, or PXEBoot environment. Once booted into the live environment it's simply a matter of initiating the bare metal restore via the CDP servers web interface.
    Marc Schulz
    Managing Implementation Engineer
    Steadfast : Managed Cloud & Infrastructure Services

Quote Originally Posted by chrono-it View Post
    Yes. This is one of the primary benefits of using R1Soft over say a simple rsync backup.

In R1Soft it's called a bare metal restore and can be done via their boot liveCD, RestoreCD, or PXEBoot environment. Once booted into the live environment it's simply a matter of initiating the bare metal restore via the CDP servers web interface.
    I'm actually asking because I'm thinking about getting the service from Steadfast. Could you let me know if Steadfast will setup the backup service on my servers or I must do that?

And how complicated it is (setting up R1Soft backup for cPanel along with MySQL option)?

Thanks.

If the server is not hosted with us we would not login to the server and setup the software for you, though the directions are extremely simple. After the base software is setup, everything is managed through the web based control panel on our servers, all quite simple.

If you're looking to do a full server restore though, you might want to make sure your local host could use the R1Soft Rescue CD for the quickest restoration.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

Quote Originally Posted by robotwink View Post
    I'm thinking about using R1Soft backup but is it possible to restore a full cPanel server from it in case the hard drive crashed?
    Yes, it is possible to restore by performing Bare Metal Restore.
    Matt Saunders - Softsys Hosting, LLC
    Powerful, Reliable & Affordable Windows Shared / Reseller / VPS Hosting Provider
    Windows 2008 Hyper-V VPS with Full Administrative Remote Access --- Sale
    DotNetPanel | SmarterMail | True 24x7 Technical Support | 99.9% Uptime | Daily CDP Backups