Thread: Need Help.

Need Help.

Hi, I currently recently bought a Mac Book off my friend, I go to about this mac and here is my spec is it good?

Model Name: MacBook
    Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
    Processor Speed: 2 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 2 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03

Also another problem real big my battery ant charging i have to have the charger attached for me to use the laptop and i got a new battery and i never had this problem just happen its not charging.

Hey,

The spec isn't too bad, depending on the price you paid for it of course.

Loads of laptops have problems with the batteries going, that's to do with leaving the power cable plugged into the laptop when you've got a full battery already and the laptop isn't running (so therefore using no power).

The amount of laptops I've had in the past that got that problem I could count on both hands.

Did you say though that you got a new battery and that didn't hold a charge either? If so, you might want to check the connection points from the battery to the computer - ensure they're touching when the battery is placed in - if not you'll need to bend them out until they touch.
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

MacBook/MacBook Pro batteries aren't exactly known for lasting a long time. Check out the reviews for replacement batteries at the online Apple store - there are quite a few people who've had their batteries die within a year.
    Is there a X on the battery icon? How many charge cycles is on the battery? You could try resetting the PMU.