Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Righto
      0 Not allowed!

Update : I’ve managed to get a contact number for one of the CC Holders used for a transaction and will be contacting them soon, Thanks to my good old pal Robert @ Myacen...

Not all Aussie are bad... heheh

-Shazad
    Coreix™ | your solution™ www.coreix.net - 08000226734 - ISO27001 Certified
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Secure Cages - Enterprise & Managed Solutions - Clustering - LoadBalancing - High Availability - Hosted Exchange 2007
    NEW Tier III London DC with power sourced from 100% renewable sources, N+N UPS, N+1 Chillers and CRAC units, Mist Fire Suppression, Biometric and Man Trap security to all data areas
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah, ask if they know who put the transaction thru.. could lead you to the person who seems to be using this guys name.
      0 Not allowed!

I can see an argument arising about 16 year old web hosting company owners/runners again....
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.
      0 Not allowed!

Always here to assist. We need to fight chargebacks
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!
      0 Not allowed!

Whoever it is that has managed to use all Anthony's details sure as hell has a good way of finding out things..

Must be someone generally close to anth and someone who dont use the computer much.. someone who managed to get to be his friend basically
      0 Not allowed!

Ok. I must say English is not my first language, so please tell me what a charge-back is. Thanks.

Second, I want to be sure I understand the story:

A person (which I'll surely hit if I ever meet someday), has stolen the identity of a 16 yo boy in Australia to start a hosting company (Bright Light Websites). Now he closed everyting, and we all lost our money forever.

Also, FL Admins seems to know that 16yo boy, and it can't be him.

I'd like to know who you are cabalstudios, because you seem to be in the process of tracking the guy or I don't know.

By the way, I'd suggest all people who were at Bright Light Websites to do like me and cancel their credit card. That's what I did two hours ago. It's free and and trouble-free. Anyway, at least call your credit card company.
      0 Not allowed!

A charge-back is where someone gets their money back. Ring your bank

Yes, I know him and I can assure you, Anthony Ziebell is now scared ****less because he thinks he will be in trouble for something he has no idea about what is going on - I have assured him he will be ok.

Cablestudios is someone from e servers biz (the person acting as anth must have got servers from there).
      0 Not allowed!

BTW - Just as I have told e servers biz,

The business name "Bright Light Web Sites" was actually registered as Anthony Ziebell and his father. it was a small time venture, starting in 2000 which never actually got off the ground.

it seems the person has managed to get all the info needed about the company and anthony, to assume full (well to an extent) identity.
      0 Not allowed!

So who is falculty ?
      0 Not allowed!

Well I assume faculty (spelling fix), is the person who managed to assume the identity and his business identity.. Guessen anywho.
      0 Not allowed!

Ok. Thanks FL Admins. Do you think there's anyway I get my money back?
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry I think my spelling was wrong , would the mod's like to look into this. Theirs a new revelation each day on WHT.
      0 Not allowed!

Wow I would have no idea - You wouldnt be able to get it back from Anthony himself - he is just a simple boy trying to live his life.. he was very scared when I explained to him that all his passwords must be changed as someone has been acting as him.
      0 Not allowed!

I haven't a clue whats gone on here, from the way faculty spoke about his own DC etc I thought there may be chance he was in it for the long run

Personally I find the whole identity theft thing a little far fetched but still.... onto the reason I'm posting:

BLWS used the hostname 1337HOST.COM on servers (I know because I've recently transferred some accounts from there). Has anyone checked into the whois on this domain to see if it turns anything up?
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?
      0 Not allowed!

How funny faculty and fl-admin has the same birthdays.

Profile For faculty Search for all posts by this user.
    Date Registered: 08-03-2002 Status: Web Hosting Master Total Posts: 1120 (10.71 posts per day) Last Post: 11-13-2002 09:49 PM
    Optus - Australian BW - Read! Contact faculty: Click here to email faculty
    Send faculty a Private Message! Homepage: http://www.brightlightwebsites.com/ ICQ Number: AOL Instant Messenger Handle: Yahoo Instant Messenger Handle: Birthday July 9th, 1986 Biography Location Australia

Profile For FL Admins Search for all posts by this user.
    Date Registered: 11-14-2002 Status: Junior Guru Wannabe Total Posts: 43 (40.86 posts per day) Last Post: 11-15-2002 03:29 PM
    Brightlightwebsites? Contact FL Admins: Click here to email FL Admins
    Send FL Admins a Private Message! Homepage: http://www.fladmins.com/ ICQ Number: AOL Instant Messenger Handle: Yahoo Instant Messenger Handle: Birthday July 9th, 1986 Biography Location Australia
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
      0 Not allowed!

Hmm

Well im 17 years old and I came home today to find all the sites i host under one of Brighlightwebsites reseller plans is down i thought this was normal cause he has downtime every once and awhile then i come here and see all this then i go to his site and it leads to some thing about searching the web. Anthony seemed like a pretty cool guy when i talked to him I was hosted under him for about 3 to 4 months and just cant believe all this is happening kind of odd in a way. And sure does suck a lot cause in the morning im gonna have a crap load people asking me what happened to thier sites.

Joy Joy waits for a friday afternoon full of angry people.

Lata,
    Ryan
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by FL Admins
    Wow I would have no idea - You wouldnt be able to get it back from Anthony himself - he is just a simple boy trying to live his life.. he was very scared when I explained to him that all his passwords must be changed as someone has been acting as him.
    To me it seems you are faculty, your website is very similar to theirs
      0 Not allowed!

Oh god.. different address, but Anthony's BROTHERS name!

Anthony's brother (only 14), would be lucky to know what a mouse and keyboard are!

Daniel is a devision 1 footy player..

Guess I better inform his brother that the person who has his brothers identity, is now moving into him.

What kind of sicko tries to take a whole families identity up?
      0 Not allowed!

I was right Cha-ching Fraud
      0 Not allowed!

Erm.. ok I am not faculty. Never have and never will be. I worked hard to get that design without ever seeing the blws site design. I thought my design was unique - guess I will have to pull it down before people start calling me a ripper.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Myacen
    I was right Cha-ching Fraud

I think chicken needs to press the BAN button on 2 indentities VERY SOON.
      0 Not allowed!

EDIT: looks like Myacen beat me to it.
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by FL Admins
    Erm.. ok I am not faculty. Never have and never will be. I worked hard to get that design without ever seeing the blws site design. I thought my design was unique - guess I will have to pull it down before people start calling me a ripper.
    Don't worry mate Net-trend found you out, all they need to do is check the ip's then your gone
      0 Not allowed!

Quite true

His site is almost the exact same as brightlightwebsites.com was and I dont think someone is stealing identies i just think some kid got in some trouble and now is trying to run away from it but yet he comes back to it and trys to cover up under another name but see he trys to cover up to much and looks mighty suspicious.

Lata,
    Ryan
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast