Good on ya Dicksmith

Just want to vent my frustration I recently purchased a few laptops from Dick smiths now they told me it will take a few days to get my order filled all is good they offered free shipping to my house... Pretty good...

So I got my laptops a few days later all was good until... they forgot to remove software that displays a screen saver that block's everything and needs a password to remove it...

So I called them up can I have the password they said they cannot give me the password rather at my expense they would need me to ship it back to the warehouse and have them fix the issue...

This is absurd... I returned the laptops and got my money back under there money back guarantee... What shocked me is still at that point they made no effort to save a sale...
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

Who's Dick Smith's? A local PC shop where you live?
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Were they display models or used or something? Odd to have that on there if not, but they definitely blew that deal. If you have the time, you might write the owner about it and explain it, mentioning the folks you spoke with by name, even.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Its a large retail chain in Australia...Electronic outlet http://www.dse.com.au

I thought so to maybe they have a deal with there suppliers to pre-install it?
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

Ouch, shabby deal sir.
    As bear suggested, taking the time to formally write the owner about his companies seeming lack of motivation to close a sale, provide quality customer service, with names to back it up, would likely allow "someone who cares" (as it seems the CSR's did not) to attempt to salvage their image in your mind.

Do you guys have FRYS ELECTRONICS in AU? http://frys.com/ I actually have one of these on the way to the house from the office.

extra comment: Well, actually upon further review, I suppose my question is not tooo off topic. lol.
    Last edited by Machen Mathews - LSN; 09-14-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: extra comment
    Machen N. Mathews - Limestone Networks - Business Development
    Cloud - Enterprise & Dedicated Hosting - Resell Dedicated Servers
    DDoS Protected - @LimestoneInc - 877.586.0555 x112
    Bitcoin? Coffee? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Pixel View Post
    They are a large electronics chain here in Australia but have gorne down hill since they have been bought out by a major supermarket chain.
    I once loved going there to get various electronics kits but nowdays they very rarely have such stuff and have gorne into consumer electronics which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by verdictjosh View Post
    So I got my laptops a few days later all was good until... they forgot to remove software that displays a screen saver that block's everything and needs a password to remove it...

So I called them up can I have the password they said they cannot give me the password rather at my expense they would need me to ship it back to the warehouse and have them fix the issue...

This is absurd... I returned the laptops and got my money back under there money back guarantee... What shocked me is still at that point they made no effort to save a sale...
    This very much sounds like something that they would do there.
    Small Space Hosting
    Bringing you the best of Aussie Service and US based Servers. Now Accepting Payments in USD & AUD
    Shared | Reseller | Shoutcast
    HostAdz.com - Advertising For Webhosts

lol I have had this happen before to me and a couple of clients from DickSmith, but they didn't have a problem giving me the password over the phone to remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by verdictjosh View Post
    Its a large retail chain in Australia...Electronic outlet http://www.dse.com.au
    It's also pretty big over in New Zealand :-)

I live near his house (well one of them), so want me to go around and sort Dicky out for you?

So I called them up can I have the password they said they cannot give me the password
    I would of rang back, chances are you would of got someone different who would of given you the pass no questions asked.
    Great Host = WiredTree.com Managed VPS Hosting