Thread: hello

hello

hi, my name is salamandir. i'm a disabled small business entrepreneur, musician, artist and indophile. one of my small businesses is hosting web sites for other freaky folk, like the Cirque De Flambe and the Ballard Sedentary Sousa Band.

however, i've had a very hard time finding a host provider that doesn't want to rip me off or take advantage of me in some way.

the first one was really expensive for not very much web space, and their tech support was non-existent, so i asked some of my geek-friends for recommendations, which lead me to the 2nd one.

their tech support was ideal, but it turned out that they bait-and-switched me into a contract that i never signed up for, and when all was said and done, they lasted only 6 months.

then came the third one, which is my current host provider, which looked like it was going to solve all my problems, but their tech support is marginal, their uptime is miserable and when i complain about it, i get IP blocked by their tech support site.

i'm sure there are some host providers that have excellent tech support and don't want to jerk me around... anybody have any suggestions?

A couple points of interest are the forum guidelines and this answer guide.

Welcome to WHT!
    You'd be better off posting that question about hosts in the web hosting forum. I'm intrigued by the sites you say you're hosting, though. Great names...

the forum won't let me link to URLs until i have made 5 posts...

cirquedeflambe dot com and sedentarysousa dot com should do it, though...

The Sousa band description is terrific. Sounds like a really fun time.

Greetings and welcome!