Looking for a VPS Provider in Lost Angeles

I'm a customer in Vietnam.
    I'm looking for a VPS Provider in Lost Angeles with some requirements:
    - Must in Lost Angeles
    - Support 24/7 via Live Chat, Phone (Always chat with Supporter for Agent Support).
    - Support via Ticket or Email.
    - Can start/shutdown/restart VPS online (Web Browser).
    - Support Linux and Windows Operating System.
    - Checkout Monthly.

Have any provider?
    ^^

There's plenty of providers in Los Angeles just check out the VPS Offers section. You didn't mention what kind of management and budget for this VPS.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)

Yeah. Thanks for your comment ^^
    I will management my VPS. About the price, I think from $15-$22 is the best (minimum package)

I just signed on with KnownHost, and its website says it has a data center in California. Don't know city details, but you might check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by fur520 View Post
    I just signed on with KnownHost, and its website says it has a data center in California. Don't know city details, but you might check it out.
    KnownHost is in Los Angeles, see here (http://knownhost.com/network.html)

Located at the corner of Seventh Street and Grand Avenue, Our downtown data center is positioned in the heart of the telecommunication district in metropolitan Los Angeles. Scalable to suit the needs of our valued customers this downtown location offers a top-notch facility for mission critical computing and network infrastructure.
    -K
    Kody R.
    Sr. Operations Analyst
    100TB.com -> Awesome dedicated servers. 20 locations & lots of bandwidth
    VPS.NET -> Cloud Hosting. 18 Locations. Check out our website!

directspace is on the west coast not sure if in la

Thanks Kody. I'll also let a couple other people know now that were looking for L.A.

Thanks Kody for your post.
    I has view KnowHost but I think the cost is expensive

If you are looking for a VPS in LA then you will find no better then KnownHost. I have been with them for over a year now and have had little to no problem with them.
    Small Space Hosting
    Bringing you the best of Aussie Service and US based Servers. Now Accepting Payments in USD & AUD
    Shared | Reseller | Shoutcast
    HostAdz.com - Advertising For Webhosts

Quote Originally Posted by gavo2o View Post
    If you are looking for a VPS in LA then you will find no better then KnownHost. I have been with them for over a year now and have had little to no problem with them.
    I was considering them for an LA VPS but their trace to AU is insane for an LA provider
    Graham Craig

"IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IT'S HOW BAD YOU WANT IT."

Quote Originally Posted by hrockvn View Post
    Thanks Kody for your post.
    I has view KnowHost but I think the cost is expensive
    I can guarantee you that if you go with there package, They'll be your first and only host.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by hrockvn View Post
    I'm looking for a VPS Provider in Lost Angeles with some requirements:
    Lost angeles
    █ All time best VPS Hosting is now more affordable
    █ Compare different VPS hosting Providers
    █ Ultimate place for Top VPS Hosting Comparison
    █ Reviews | Ratings | News | Articles | Forum | Offers

Quote Originally Posted by hostingdispatch View Post
    directspace is on the west coast not sure if in la
    Hey there,

Close but we're located in Portland, Oregon :-)

Thanks,
    Last edited by directspace; 09-14-2009 at 11:28 PM.
    DirectSpace Networks, LLC
    Virtual Private Servers [OpenVZ & KVM], Colocation, and Dedicated Servers
    Offering premium & scalable datacenter services for over 11 years

IMHO for what you get Knownhost is a great value and worth every penny. But you should check out their offers coupon for 15$ off lifetime.

SteadCom is definitely the best place to go in LA for VPS!

There's a lot of options in the VPS world. Here's a couple things *I* might consider if I were you:

1) Hardware is a good indicator of the quality of the host. It's not too hard for a fly-by-night host to spin up some OpenVZ images on a bare-bones (desktop) dedicated server and start selling VPS plans. You can't compare this to a provider that invests in enterprise class hardware with quality raid controllers and SAS drive arrays.

2) Which platform are they using? Do they include backup services? Do they have staff in the DC 24/7? I have absolutely nothing against Xen or OpenVZ but when you see Virtuozzo in use with pre-configured backups it's a sign that they've probably invested a little more in their architecture.

3) How long have they been doing this and how many clients do they have? If they're hosting a thousand VPS images on quality hardware they probably have the expertise to run things properly. If your node goes down they can move you to another one. If you need to contact them at 3:00 AM PST there's someone to answer your call/ticket.

My question to you is what do you need this VPS for? If it's critical to your business then you might be making a mistake by not going with a "more expensive" provider such as KnownHost. I've heard good things about lots of them but you're probably going to pay around $20-$30 a month.

If you're paying $10 a month for a VPS something has to be sacrificed. These hosts are doing everything they can to bring the cost down- this means they can't afford the high-end "stuff" but, depending on who you go with they may work out just fine. But please be reasonable and don't expect 15 minute response times for your support questions; in fact if they have support besides “is my VPS on” then you’re probably getting a deal. I've played with quite a few budget providers now and have been satisfied with their service but in all honesty I've never used them for anything "important". I do know TheNYNoc has budget VPS servers in LA. I believe they collocate and/or rent dedicated servers from PacificRack, which I love. I’ve never setup uptime monitoring and just use it for storing some files but I've been happy with the service and support for the price.

Figure out your price range, start hunting and use WHT to find people that use them. Oh, and if the domain was registered last week I would probably just stay away.

Best of luck,
    Jerret
    Last edited by RelativeDesign-Jerret; 09-16-2009 at 10:50 PM. Reason: I can't speeeal